Movable Sentry Guns

phLophLo Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166458Members
edited November 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">allow marines to move sentry guns</div>hey so i was playing today and i realized that the commander doesn't see what the other players see, so when sentry guns are dropped, they are often facing ineffective directions. Also the direction the guns need to face may change, it is a very dynamic game after all :P.

So, I was thinking that either marines are allowed to place sentry guns themselves around a commander dropped battery, or that the commander drops everything as is now, but the marines can move the sentry guns around, within the battery range of course.

Thoughts?

Comments

• wh173wh173 Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166609Members
    i would like this, ive seen too many commanders not placing turrets properly and 1 skulk being able to destroy the battery easily.
  • inveigleinveigle Join Date: 2004-01-07 Member: 25117Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I could not agree more this would be amazing. The COMM would drop the battery and then the sentries, the marines would build and place the senties.
  • SmellyPantsSmellyPants Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166704Members
    Are people honestly having this big of issues with the sentries? The point of sentries are to make it annoying, not impossible to remove the marines from an area. If the commander misplaces a sentry, they should lose the position. There has been so much "sentries need fixing" that I'm sure UWE is tired of them all together. How they are now is much better than they have been in NS2 thus far.

I do like the dropping of sentries, with the marines choosing the placement -- as long as they are there permanently.
  • phLophLo Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166458Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2009529:date=Nov 4 2012, 09:35 AM:name=SmellyPants)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SmellyPants @ Nov 4 2012, 09:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2009529"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Are people honestly having this big of issues with the sentries? The point of sentries are to make it annoying, not impossible to remove the marines from an area. If the commander misplaces a sentry, they should lose the position. There has been so much "sentries need fixing" that I'm sure UWE is tired of them all together. How they are now is much better than they have been in NS2 thus far.

I do like the dropping of sentries, with the marines choosing the placement -- as long as they are there permanently.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yea i can agree with this, i understand for balance issues not being able to move them around once they are placed, but i feel like they could easily make it so u could place 3 around a battery wherever you want, like a gorge placing hydras. I dont think the sentries are broken, but i feel like this would be an improvement.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just make sure that the marines can't place outside the battery range, to prevent jokesters from pissing off the commander.