Compiled list of all my grievances

TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
edited November 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
First off I think they game is in the best shape its ever been, so don't take this the wrong way. Really enjoying the influx of players. :)

<b>General UI miffs</b>
<ul><li>Creating shortcut from steam still creates a blank icon.</li><li>Starting the game still presents you with a black screen until the main menu.</li><li>Players need alerts when a commander starts research aswell as ends. Keeps them informed.</li><li>Commander interface needs an egg/IP counter</li><li>Commander interface needs a 'waiting to spawn' counter next to the above</li><li>Commander interface needs to stop suggesting structures. Suggesting upgrades is good, however the structures just lead to accidental placement and excessive clutter on GUI. (Edit 13/11/12: I am now aware this can be disabled, however I still think it needs to be toned down.)</li><li>Alien commander needs list of hive HP and upgrades for each. (didn't we have this?)</li><li>Marine commander needs more notifications that structures are under attack. The alien commander seems clear since marine weapons are noisy and alien structure yell when shot. However as a marine commander you often do not know anything is up. Need a big red shockwave effect on attacked structures please.</li><li>Scoreboard needs to reward helping with construction and healing/repair.</li><li>Server browser flickers constantly when 2 servers are in the same position. eg 3 servers at 30 ping, order by ping and they flutter around making it hard to select one.</li><li>Server browser needs a 'Stop Refresh' button.</li><li>Server browser needs a history tab. This is especially for when connection drops and you want to rejoin. (new 13/11/12)</li><li>Alien commanders find it hard to find structures or units when covered in infestation and cloaked by a shade. They need a tactical overlay mode, or their own alien vision to see things clearly. I could probably say the same for marine commanders, when particle effects obscure their vision. (new 04/11/12)</li></ul>

<b>Keyboard gaps</b>
<ul><li>Need last weapon used key back (Q). (new 06/11/12)</li><li>Need join marines/aliens hotkeys back by default (F1/F2). In mean time can bind manually - bind F1 j1 (new 06/11/12)</li><li>Need F4 to be usable in the ready room, to reinitialise where you are in case you get stuck. (new 13/11/12)</li><li>Need an /unstuck command or button, with timer to prevent spam. (new 13/11/12)</li></ul>

<b>General Gameplay wishes</b>
<ul><li>Aliens need to spawn with their previous upgrades.</li><li>Aliens need to be able to swap upgrades when near the hive.</li><li>Gorges need an extra structure to build. Preferably one that helps combat jetpacks, or one that aids allied mobility.</li><li><strike>Restore lerk gas to tier 1, spikes to tier 2. It keeps the lerk distinct at all times. Also gas is an excellent defensive skill and so having it always right-click is convenient. Nerf/buff the abilities accordingly.</strike> (removed 04/11/12)</li><li>Bunny hopping more for skulks? </li><li>Drop dual exo as commander?</li><li>Restore tres/press split to stop equipment appearing at incorrect times (new 11/11/12)</li><li>Cysting and covering an unbuilt powernode in infestation should cut the power in that room, so that aliens can darken rooms before marines have had a chance to build there. Its irritating to have a brightly light hive room. (added 05/11/12)</li></ul>

<b>Specific imbalances</b>
<ul><li>Aliens with a single hive cannot hold out against marines with a protolab, while marines with 1 CC can against 3 hive aliens. Clearly some discrepancy there. Most of it, I think, is ARCs being around at 1 CC - preventing aliens from setting up support structures for their rushes.</li><li>Fade and lerk may be a tad underpowered now that hitreg and framerates are so nice, but its hard to tell with so many newbies.</li><li>Stomp should be tier 2. At endgame its lost alot of its usefulness. Also need a tier 3 ability.</li><li>Xenocide needs reworking. Either alot more damage, or knockback so allies can finish the marines.</li></ul>

Comments

• spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    I agree with almost all of these. =]

Now that we're past v1.0 lockdown, let's hope we can polish this guy up to spec.
  • AgeOfHadesAgeOfHades Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 164919Members
    these all seem fair and i have noticed alot of them myself, my friend personally tried xenociding marines, idk wether they had to much armour or it wasnt working properly but he didnt really seem to be doing anything to them
  • VolcanoVolcano Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112496Members, Constellation
    There is a alert for players when research starts and ends as far as i know
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Big +1 to all of those, though in regards to alien 2nd hive loss problem, I think the bigger issue really is how without leap and blink they are powerless versus jetpacks (more so because these jetpacks have A3) and without bilebomb they don't stand much of a chance versus exos. Marines while struggling at 1 CC vs 3 hive don't lose absolutely crucial tech like A and W 3, so they can generally hold out even against fades and onos...

IMO bilebomb and leap should be available on mature first hive, but at a much greater cost. Shadowstep should probably also be made a little more useful so that fades are more viable even without blink.
  • ChaosXBeingChaosXBeing Join Date: 2012-10-12 Member: 162114Members
    I want to take a second and thank you for prefacing your comment like that. It always really, really bothers me when it feels like people are just griping. I guess that officially makes me an NS2 fanboy, but oh well.

Moving on, I would like to add one thing to that list. Currently it's impossible for the alien commander to know what upgrades they've researched or, at that, lost. I commed a 30 minute game today, only to learn afterwords that nobody had carapace. I had no idea.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2004083:date=Nov 1 2012, 01:39 AM:name=Volcano)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Volcano @ Nov 1 2012, 01:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2004083"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There is a alert for players when research starts and ends as far as i know<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Maybe its just aliens then. I tend to command marines when I play them. As aliens though I don't know what the commander is doing unless I walk up to the hive and see the progress bar.
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    I recommend updating this and keeping aggregating all the good suggestions somewhere. So it doesn't get drowned out by the stream of "can we get Skulk view to rotate on walls?"
  • ComradeHavocComradeHavoc Join Date: 2012-10-14 Member: 162281Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2004230:date=Nov 1 2012, 04:39 AM:name=Xarius)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Xarius @ Nov 1 2012, 04:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2004230"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Big +1 to all of those, though in regards to alien 2nd hive loss problem, I think the bigger issue really is how without leap and blink they are powerless versus jetpacks (more so because these jetpacks have A3) and without bilebomb they don't stand much of a chance versus exos. Marines while struggling at 1 CC vs 3 hive don't lose absolutely crucial tech like A and W 3, so they can generally hold out even against fades and onos...

IMO bilebomb and leap should be available on mature first hive, but at a much greater cost. Shadowstep should probably also be made a little more useful so that fades are more viable even without blink.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Exos are often helpless in close quarters, a fade can take the one armed one down in 5-9 hits, close quarter skulks are hell for exo pilots.
    Team effort = victory. Jetpacks run out of fuel quickly plus the only effective weapons would be either nade-launcher or flame while using a jetpack. They can hover maybe 7 or 9 seconds then must drop to the floor to recharge. If you want to take down an exo just swarm it.
    In one game 2 of us skulks took down a dual-minigun exo. Also unlike Hive, marine has to have the power-node and infantry portal. The only defensive structures are the sentries, and observatories. My biggest pain is that there are no tracers on the lurk's needles. They can camp on a high place destroying structures and killing marines.
    <!--quoteo(post=2007410:date=Nov 2 2012, 05:44 PM:name=spellman23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spellman23 @ Nov 2 2012, 05:44 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2007410"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I recommend updating this and keeping aggregating all the good suggestions somewhere. So it doesn't get drowned out by the stream of "can we get Skulk view to rotate on walls?"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I will try, and attempt to keep out highly dubious changes. If you guys know of any clear problems, then tell me and I will add them. Not stuff that's "wouldn't it be cool if..".

Here is one that I gleaned from talking to my friend today:
    <ul><li>While a player is 'green', large information tooltips (or even audio voice-overs) should explain structures when they look at them. Currently new players rely entirely upon beta players to explain victory conditions, objectives, what a command chair is, what a whip does, etc.</li></ul>

Good/bad? Should they just watch the youtube tutorials?
  • PsympleJesterPsympleJester Join Date: 2008-04-06 Member: 64024Members
    edited November 2012
    Dont suppose we can get "Less gimped fade" to the list? :D

Also to Xenocide (Or allow use of bite whilst xenociding?)
  • wh173wh173 Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166609Members
    one should be able to pick where they spawn

like battlefield, and that could include the upgrades/weapons i guess.

is annoying as hell when your hive is being attacked and u are spawned in the other side of the map.
  • JaiFlipsJaiFlips Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166605Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2007410:date=Nov 2 2012, 04:44 PM:name=spellman23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spellman23 @ Nov 2 2012, 04:44 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2007410"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I recommend updating this and keeping aggregating all the good suggestions somewhere. So it doesn't get drowned out by the stream of "can we get Skulk view to rotate on walls?"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you haven't done so, i've compiled a list of buffs/changes that need to be made in my "Aliens Need a Buff" thread! Check it out!
  • SgtThompsonSgtThompson Join Date: 2005-01-18 Member: 36340Members
    "Commander interface needs to stop suggesting structures. Suggesting upgrades is good, however the structures just lead to accidental placement and excessive clutter on GUI."

I personally like this feature. Makes it easy for a new player. An option to turn it off would be better than just removing it entirely.

"Gorges need an extra structure to build. Preferably one that helps combat jetpacks, or one that aids allied mobility."

Roll lurkers then. Don't add another structure that negates the entire benefit of a jet pack.

"Aliens need to spawn with their previous upgrades."

Marines still have to buy their stuff from the armory, having to upgrade (which is very quick) is an equivalent.

"Restore lerk gas to tier 1, spikes to tier 2. It keeps the lerk distinct at all times. Also gas is an excellent defensive skill and so having it always right-click is convenient. Nerf/buff the abilities accordingly."

Feels fine the way it is.

Other points I agree with, with a few exceptions that would require too long of a response.
  • TemphageTemphage Join Date: 2009-10-28 Member: 69158Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Roll lurkers then. Don't add another structure that negates the entire benefit of a jet pack.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Why is it cool with you then than marines can build a structure that negates the entire benefit of Shade hives?

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Marines still have to buy their stuff from the armory, having to upgrade (which is very quick) is an equivalent.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Marines jump off the IP with W3 / A3 without having to spend any time or pres. This makes a huge difference in a base attack. In fact, between salvaging weapons and the effectiveness of the LMG throughout the entire game, it's not hard at all for marines to be frugal and save up their cash. Shotgun + Jetpack is immensely powerful and is only 30 res.

Frankly I would make W1 / A1 free to all marines. W2 / A2 and W3 / A3 would require spending pres at an armory and advanced armory respectively. This way, just like aliens, marines that are freshly spawned and are short on pres are put in a disadvantaged state. If you blew all your pres, you don't deserve upgrades, just like a skulk who goes fade and dies is out 50 pres and now has to deal with being stuck as an inferior lifeform.
    <!--quoteo(post=2009619:date=Nov 4 2012, 08:42 AM:name=SgtThompson)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SgtThompson @ Nov 4 2012, 08:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2009619"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"Commander interface needs to stop suggesting structures. Suggesting upgrades is good, however the structures just lead to accidental placement and excessive clutter on GUI."

I personally like this feature. Makes it easy for a new player. An option to turn it off would be better than just removing it entirely.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Your opinion, I suppose. I think most people hate it though. It adds alot of clutter, and fast-paced RTS's are all about hotkeys, not figuring out what the GUI is suggesting on the map.

<!--quoteo(post=2009619:date=Nov 4 2012, 08:42 AM:name=SgtThompson)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SgtThompson @ Nov 4 2012, 08:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2009619"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"Gorges need an extra structure to build. Preferably one that helps combat jetpacks, or one that aids allied mobility."

Roll lurkers then. Don't add another structure that negates the entire benefit of a jet pack.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

My main complain is that, for a builder, the gorge has very little to build. Jetpacks are also near impossible to kill without second hive, and alien mobility is something that is outclassed by marine mobility - so I made those two suggestions.

<!--quoteo(post=2009619:date=Nov 4 2012, 08:42 AM:name=SgtThompson)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SgtThompson @ Nov 4 2012, 08:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2009619"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"Aliens need to spawn with their previous upgrades."

Marines still have to buy their stuff from the armory, having to upgrade (which is very quick) is an equivalent.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Marines don't buy weapon and armour upgrades when they spawn - they have them automatically. Can you imagine how easy spawn killing would be if you had to walk up to the arms lab and press E every time you spawned?

<!--quoteo(post=2009619:date=Nov 4 2012, 08:42 AM:name=SgtThompson)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SgtThompson @ Nov 4 2012, 08:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2009619"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"Restore lerk gas to tier 1, spikes to tier 2. It keeps the lerk distinct at all times. Also gas is an excellent defensive skill and so having it always right-click is convenient. Nerf/buff the abilities accordingly."

Feels fine the way it is.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Your opinion, but why?
  • PsympleJesterPsympleJester Join Date: 2008-04-06 Member: 64024Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2009792:date=Nov 4 2012, 05:23 PM:name=TimMc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TimMc @ Nov 4 2012, 05:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2009792"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Your opinion, I suppose. I think most people hate it though. It adds alot of clutter, and fast-paced RTS's are all about hotkeys, not figuring out what the GUI is suggesting on the map.

<b>Just turn it off in your options</b>

My main complain is that, for a builder, the gorge has very little to build. Jetpacks are also near impossible to kill without second hive, and alien mobility is something that is outclassed by marine mobility - so I made those two suggestions.

<b>But he isn't a builder anymore... Hes a healer...
    Gorge is like the Medic in TF2 but he gets clogs and hydras for free aswell and late game levels bases.
    Gorge is already one of the most important units for aliens, giving him even more stuff to do is
    sorta redundant... He already has (Healing, Bile Bomb, Speeding up structures and soon web(Anti JP if you haven't forgotten ns1...))</b>

Marines don't buy weapon and armour upgrades when they spawn - they have them automatically. Can you imagine how easy spawn killing would be if you had to walk up to the arms lab and press E every time you spawned?

<b>I agree, aliens should spawn with their upgrades</b>

Your opinion, but why?

<b>They should leave lerk the way it is.
    Spores are very powerful for a tier 2 ability and spikes at hive 2 would never be researched unless to get umbra.
    However at tier 1 spikes are a good combat for early hive pushes.</b><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sorry for writing it the way I did, I hope it is understood that the bolding is my oppinion not the OP's words.
    ^^^

1. Ok good it can be removed from options. Nice to know, I will do that. However this placement suggestion seems to leave new commanders to just do what it says - I keep seeing alien commanders dropping 20 crags in their hive because of it. Ultimately I feel its a hinderence to learning rather than a help.

2. UWE have said the gorge will not get webs because they were too easily countered, especially with flamers.

4. I conceed the lerk suggestion and will remove it. Thinking about it further, I don't think the spores could be nerfed to tier 1 and still remain useful endgame. They will turn back to their terrible state we had in earlier builds. :(
  • TemphageTemphage Join Date: 2009-10-28 Member: 69158Members
    edited November 2012
    Like I've been saying, the best thing they could do is give the aliens new, interesting abilities. Gorge, for example - have it so his healspray, when sprayed on the ground, makes a 'slick', that will make marines slide around on. Does nothing else, but presents interesting options for tipping the balance in the favor of aliens in the case of an ambush.

Gorge doesn't *have* to be a builder anymore, but he should be an all purpose support unit.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->2. UWE have said the gorge will not get webs because they were too easily countered, especially with flamers.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh, that is rich. But Observatories are somehow cool now?

<b>Not</b> including webs because they <i>might</i> be too easily countered is a whole hell of a lot more stupid a decision than simply leaving them in for the times where they <i>WOULD</i> be useful.
    <!--quoteo(post=2010039:date=Nov 4 2012, 03:24 PM:name=Temphage)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Temphage @ Nov 4 2012, 03:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2010039"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Oh, that is rich. But Observatories are somehow cool now?

<b>Not</b> including webs because they <i>might</i> be too easily countered is a whole hell of a lot more stupid a decision than simply leaving them in for the times where they <i>WOULD</i> be useful.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah I want my spider gorge back. :(
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Spider gorge, spider gorge, nobody can touch spider gorge, if he dies, it's all lies, when he wins, its because he can, but hey, its because he's spider gorge!
  • LofungLofung Join Date: 2004-08-21 Member: 30757Members
    Added missing keybindings, was reminded of this by other threads.
    Added my desire for tres/pres split. After it appeared in tournaments, I am getting sick of seeing 5 minute onos in pub games. Its a nasty tactic.
  • SafewoodSafewood Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166381Members
    Bump for attention and hopefully further contribution.
  • Dr. RocksoDr. Rockso Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75114Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2003683:date=Nov 1 2012, 01:09 AM:name=TimMc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TimMc @ Nov 1 2012, 01:09 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2003683"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->First off I think they game is in the best shape its ever been, so don't take this the wrong way. Really enjoying the influx of players. :)

<b>General UI miffs</b>
    <b>Keyboard gaps</b>
    <b>General Gameplay wishes</b>
    <b>Specific imbalances</b>
    ...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Every last point is right on the spot.

Here are some definite musts...

1) <u>I actually thought Xenocide was broken</u>... I can't xeno and then jump around biting until I explode, just as it worked and made sense in NS1 (apparently xeno is undone when you change your active weapons/abilities, or so I'm told).

2) <i>Scoreboard needs to reward helping with construction and healing/repair</i> - it would be nice to show/reward the people who are really providing to the end game (it would be nice to give <u>brownie score point column/tab for recognizing healers and attackers - 1 point for X amount of damage/healing</u>.

3) <i>Server browser needs a 'Stop Refresh' button</i> -- <u>browser also needs a history tab</u>

4) <i>Alien commanders find it hard to find structures or units when covered in infestation and cloaked by a shade</i> -- <u>I often find myself unable to see fellow teammates who are cloaked, using alien vision, as an alien on-ground</u> - you may want to highlight shaded aliens in some sort of light blue halo, just as you see friendly aliens through the wall in orange aura

5) <u>Need join marines/aliens hotkeys back by default (F1/F2)</u> - <u>please also add the ability to F4 in the ready room... yes, sometimes people get stuck and can't F4 their way back into the ready room (most just quit, unless they know to 'retry' from console, which is a bit ghetto).</u>

6) Aliens need to spawn with their previous upgrades - <u>this would definitely make the game seem like less of a grind</u>

** <u>Please, add some sort of 'unstuck' command. It could have a cooldown, to protect from potential abuse</u>. Onos tends to be the one most affected here... on unresolved parts of official maps.

*** <u>Have the server remember how much X resources you had during some Y game, due to the inconvenient amount of Z game crashes</u>. I posted a little more info here: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=124272" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=124272</a>

I also miss the focus ability for the aliens... its common for me to skulk-bite 8 times (no apparent lag) on marines with upgraded armor and no kill.
  • Dr. RocksoDr. Rockso Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75114Members
    edited November 2012
    I just added to the other post on 'other games did it better':

EDIT: ADD WAYPOINTS IN THE GAME (ie: A B C, ETC for the main hive/chair capture points) and allow the pressing of the 'Q' key, as in Battlefield, to say 'attack this location'. This would be the default function (center option) upon looking at a point through the map and pressing the 'Q' key, just as spotting works in Battlefield.
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f0iPW4Uk9s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f0iPW4Uk9s</a>

Read more at the post...
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=104340&view=findpost&p=2020426" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...t&p=2020426</a>

I'm a decent player, and I find myself almost ignoring the almost obscure indicators/waypoints (at least for aliens) currently in game. These markers can be done tastefully/subtley and do not have to be as 'in your face' as in Battlefield. <u>It definitely helps give you a sense of orientation and a method of allowing teammates to give you indicators, especially when they don't have a mic</u>.
  • BeerTentBeerTent Join Date: 2012-11-11 Member: 169639Members
    Here's my two cents...

<b>Players need alerts when a commander starts research aswell as ends. Keeps them informed.</b> > Players are notified already, perhaps we could make these notifications more opaque and notable? I agree they're hard to see...

<b>Commander interface needs to stop suggesting structures. Suggesting upgrades is good, however the structures just lead to accidental placement and excessive clutter on GUI.</b> > I'd say keep this, but only suggest upgrades when that structure is selected. Suggest structures in certain "black" places in the map, so that they're clearly seen? Also, there is an option to disable this. Disable Commander Help in options.

<b>Alien commanders find it hard to find structures or units when covered in infestation and cloaked by a shade. They need a tactical overlay mode, or their own alien vision to see things clearly. I could probably say the same for marine commanders, when particle effects obscure their vision. (new 04/11/12)</b> > What if we used red icons? They'll stand out quite nicely if they have a thick black border.

<b>Aliens need to spawn with their previous upgrades.</b> > What if we allowed aliens to choose what upgrades to spawn with while they're waiting for spawn. Once the spawn timer's up, they'll remain as an egg until gestation is complete. Best of both worlds.

<b>Cysting and covering an unbuilt powernode in infestation should cut the power in that room, so that aliens can darken rooms before marines have had a chance to build there. Its irritating to have a brightly light hive room.</b> > 100% agree!! Perhaps the Gorge's Clot could destroy it.

<b>Specific imbalances</b> > Very iffy on all of these. I feel Marines are designed to hold out, and fortify. I can't say much on Fade&Lerk. I think Stomp should remain where it is, and I agree that Xeno could use a knock-back, or maybe a shorter stun than Stomp(Maybe similar to Dead Island's knockback with an immediate get-up?)
    <!--quoteo(post=2020409:date=Nov 11 2012, 10:19 PM:name=Dr. Rockso)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dr. Rockso @ Nov 11 2012, 10:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2020409"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Every last point is right on the spot.

Here are some definite musts...

1) <u>I actually thought Xenocide was broken</u>... I can't xeno and then jump around biting until I explode, just as it worked and made sense in NS1 (apparently xeno is undone when you change your active weapons/abilities, or so I'm told).

2) <i>Scoreboard needs to reward helping with construction and healing/repair</i> - it would be nice to show/reward the people who are really providing to the end game (it would be nice to give <u>brownie score point column/tab for recognizing healers and attackers - 1 point for X amount of damage/healing</u>.

3) <i>Server browser needs a 'Stop Refresh' button</i> -- <u>browser also needs a history tab</u>

4) <i>Alien commanders find it hard to find structures or units when covered in infestation and cloaked by a shade</i> -- <u>I often find myself unable to see fellow teammates who are cloaked, using alien vision, as an alien on-ground</u> - you may want to highlight shaded aliens in some sort of light blue halo, just as you see friendly aliens through the wall in orange aura

5) <u>Need join marines/aliens hotkeys back by default (F1/F2)</u> - <u>please also add the ability to F4 in the ready room... yes, sometimes people get stuck and can't F4 their way back into the ready room (most just quit, unless they know to 'retry' from console, which is a bit ghetto).</u>

6) Aliens need to spawn with their previous upgrades - <u>this would definitely make the game seem like less of a grind</u>

** <u>Please, add some sort of 'unstuck' command. It could have a cooldown, to protect from potential abuse</u>. Onos tends to be the one most affected here... on unresolved parts of official maps.

*** <u>Have the server remember how much X resources you had during some Y game, due to the inconvenient amount of Z game crashes</u>. I posted a little more info here: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=124272" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=124272</a>

I also miss the focus ability for the aliens... its common for me to skulk-bite 8 times (no apparent lag) on marines with upgraded armor and no kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Alot of good suggestions thanks. I've updated the document.
  • StubbsStubbs Join Date: 2005-01-27 Member: 38622Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2009854:date=Nov 4 2012, 06:01 PM:name=TimMc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TimMc @ Nov 4 2012, 06:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2009854"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->2. UWE have said the gorge will not get webs because they were too easily countered, especially with flamers.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wait, what? Surely the Flamethrower is not used enough currently and we could do with another good reason to take it over a grenade launcher.
  • SafewoodSafewood Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166381Members
    Ignite should not be extinguished by Gorge's healing spray, and have a debuff which reduces 50% of healing effects.