People cheating/hacking

AdictumAdictum Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165077Members
edited November 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
Bought the game recently, old NS player. One major flaw NS had was the crazy amount of people using cheat/hacks.

Today I played on a 20 player server, and a single marine literally solo'd us all. In a single LMG mag he took out 3-4 skulks, not missing a single bullet. He single-handedly locked an entire team down. He also began shooting before even noticing someone, and he aimed at places were players were hiding before he was even there to begin with,

I'm not going to post any screenshots or name any people in case there's naming and shaming rule. But implementing some kind of anti-cheat measure instead of the useless VAC that does absolutely nothing would be wonderful.

Comments

• XosteanXostean Join Date: 2012-02-17 Member: 146370Members
    Oh great, and the fluctuation of the noobs who attribute death to hacks has begun.

Listen, Marines use hitscan. It's retardedly easy to hit someone, it meerly requires you to look at them and click M1.

You didnt see a hacker, you saw some one who has either been playing the game for the past 2 years like me or someone who is good in counter-strike, or both.

It only takes 8 bullets to kill a skulk
  • .ADHd.ADHd Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146565Members
    You could post the screenshots but blur out the name?
  • AdictumAdictum Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165077Members
    Maybe you should read what I wrote first before replying? I've played NS a lot before, and not to mention that I play lots of FPS in general. It's easily noticeable when someone is cheating or playing good.

You don't run into a room before 3 other marines just walking straight in while you're directly aiming at 2 skulks hiding (ONE WAS EVEN IN CAMO) and insta killing them in a 180 degree turn.

Having 50-2 scores 3 rounds in a row by the 15 minute mark going one man army straight into hives is just retardedly, and this was a 10-10 game.
  • blinblin Join Date: 2011-07-20 Member: 111290Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2006436:date=Nov 2 2012, 07:53 AM:name=Adictum)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Adictum @ Nov 2 2012, 07:53 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2006436"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Bought the game recently, old NS player. One major flaw NS had was the crazy amount of people using cheat/hacks.

Today I played on a 20 player server, and a single marine literally solo'd us all. In a single LMG mag he took out 3-4 skulks, not missing a single bullet. He single-handedly locked an entire team down. He also began shooting before even noticing someone, and he aimed at places were players were hiding before he was even there to begin with,

I'm not going to post any screenshots or name any people in case there's naming and shaming rule. But implementing some kind of anti-cheat measure instead of the useless VAC that does absolutely nothing would be wonderful.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

was his name Villain or anyone from their clan?

dude, you were happy to see pros, this is how they play :-) 5 mags - 5 kills

when I expirienced that for the first time, I was like - you dirty hacker! and then I just learned that this is how pros are playing this game.
    <!--quoteo(post=2006451:date=Nov 2 2012, 10:02 AM:name=Adictum)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Adictum @ Nov 2 2012, 10:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2006451"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Maybe you should read what I wrote first before replying? I've played NS a lot before, and not to mention that I play lots of FPS in general. It's easily noticeable when someone is cheating or playing good.

You don't run into a room before 3 other marines just walking straight in while you're directly aiming at 2 skulks hiding (ONE WAS EVEN IN CAMO) and insta killing them in a 180 degree turn.

Having 50-2 scores 3 rounds in a row by the 15 minute mark going one man army straight into hives is just retardedly, and this was a 10-10 game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you are THAT certain he is cheating then you shouldn't be afraid to name and shame him.

Record and expose friend
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited November 2012
    Check out some of the competitive streams, some players are just ridiculously good and quite a few don't shy away from smurfing. So while I understand your initial sentiment, atm it's a lot more plausible that these are just really good players who have been playing NS 2 for months. (As betaplayers)

Anyway, you should definitely record video or screenshots next time. Also check out the user's steam profile.
    <!--quoteo(post=2006458:date=Nov 2 2012, 08:04 AM:name=Xarius)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Xarius @ Nov 2 2012, 08:04 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2006458"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Check out some of the competitive streams, some players are just ridiculously good and quite a few don't shy away from smurfing. So while I understand your initial sentiment, atm it's a lot more plausible that these are just really good players who have been playing NS 2 for months. (As betaplayers)

Anyway, you should definitely record video or screenshots next time. Also check out the user's steam profile.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

for years... they literally have thousands of hours
  • MuYeahMuYeah Join Date: 2006-12-26 Member: 59261Members
    edited November 2012
    It's incredibly easy to rack up massive K:D ratios against the large numbers of inexperienced players. There are a lot of straight line walker skulks or skulks who poke out of vents for more than 1/5th of a second and die to easy pistol spam or even MG fire. Here's a quote from the almighty (and famous) Fana on the situation: "I can't play on pubs now without feeling like a ######"

And to pick you up on your point about having played NS1 a lot: There were hardly any cheaters in the game. NS1 players perform(ed) better than your report of supposed NS2 hackers. That's just how things are in NS.
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    I too think it's far more likely that one of the really good competitive players ran into a bunch of rookies.
    Think of it this way Adictum.

For the past 2 years ive been used to fighting skulks who leap around and jump off of walls and do everything possible to avoid getting hit while closing the gap.

Since the game's release, 9/10 skulks i run into run in straight lines on the ground.

You can imagine the slaughter that ensues
  • AdictumAdictum Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165077Members
    First, the game works exactly the same when aiming as it did in NS1. There's nothing new to ns2.

Second, a good player plays in a team, he doesn't go rambo into a hive when it's a 10 on 10 game.

Third, please just stop justify it with "competitive team" bull######. I've seen a lot of competitive teams, they can't for ###### go against several other players with half a brain. Even the good fps players get stomped alone. Yeah, of course there's scenarios were you can take out several players combined with how good you are, and based on your surroundings. But that doesn't happen every single time you're alone in a room with 5 alien players.

There are a lot of new players right now, but there are also experienced players.

And I can see that some of you guys didn't play a lot of public games when saying that there weren't many cheaters i NS1. But I guess lots of you didn't come across people using speed hack shooting 150 HMG bullets in 2 seconds. and Flying across the map in another second.
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2006451:date=Nov 2 2012, 09:02 AM:name=Adictum)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Adictum @ Nov 2 2012, 09:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2006451"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Maybe you should read what I wrote first before replying? I've played NS a lot before, and not to mention that I play lots of FPS in general. It's easily noticeable when someone is cheating or playing good.

Having 50-2 scores 3 rounds in a row by the 15 minute mark going one man army straight into hives is just retardedly, and this was a 10-10 game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Camo isn't COMPLETELY invisible, even when standing still (as far as I understand. I could have been on a modded server when somebody told me that though).

Good marines who know the map will immediately check hiding places. Some may even begin shooting prematurely, especially if they suspect somebody might be there. This is usually an educated guess based on seeing/hearing skulks prior to entering the room, or perhaps it's just an important position so it's likely that skulks are round and in hiding places.

Often skulks think they're hidden but they're not (their heads are sticking out or whatever).

It is very much possible to do a 180 degree turn and shoot a skulk. It doesn't take many bullets to kill a skulk.

Sometimes you don't notice when there's an observatory round or there's a scan. There is a visual indicator but if you're not paying attention it can sometimes not be very obvious. When you are scanned, your location is revealed.
    edited November 2012
    So are you going to give us a name or just keep trying to tell us how it couldn't possibly be a good player because you cant rambo or take on more than 1 skulk.

Because you are the first person to come crying about hackers in this forum, and i do mean the first one.

Just because you played NS1 does not mean you are not a noob.
    <!--quoteo(post=2006475:date=Nov 2 2012, 02:14 PM:name=Adictum)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Adictum @ Nov 2 2012, 02:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2006475"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->First, the game works exactly the same when aiming as it did in NS1. There's nothing new to ns2.

Second, a good player plays in a team, he doesn't go rambo into a hive when it's a 10 on 10 game.

Third, please just stop justify it with "competitive team" bull######. I've seen a lot of competitive teams, they can't for ###### go against several other players with half a brain. Even the good fps players get stomped alone. Yeah, of course there's scenarios were you can take out several players combined with how good you are, and based on your surroundings. But that doesn't happen every single time you're alone in a room with 5 alien players.

There are a lot of new players right now, but there are also experienced players.

And I can see that some of you guys didn't play a lot of public games when saying that there weren't many cheaters i NS1. But I guess lots of you didn't come across people using speed hack shooting 150 HMG bullets in 2 seconds. and Flying across the map in another second.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

A "good player" stays with their team, a highly skilled player generally doesn't need to bother with team tactics on public games if they don't want to. Especially with the influx of new players at the moment.

You're right, being on a competitive team doesn't mean anything. There are a lot of bad clan players (many of whom you will have seen on official livestreams and the like!)

I'm not saying there were no cheats for NS1, just that their incidence was incredibly low. The number of false accusations thrown out by your average joe in NS1 was, however, very very high.
  • KeldornKeldorn Join Date: 2012-05-05 Member: 151587Members
    edited November 2012
    Could be experience, could be a hack. Not enough parameters to go on about. Stop attacking eachother ! Be nice...
  • Wyattx3Wyattx3 Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18386Members
    I got called a hacker yesterday :)

I love it.
    Adictum. Check his name on stats. My guess he could be in first 10.
  • SiGGiSiGGi Join Date: 2005-02-09 Member: 40463Members, Constellation
    I get called Hacker every round... even i play com... sry for that:/
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2012
    Those cheats must have been the most obvious ones ever to be detected without even first person spectator.
    A proper cheat is not detectable without first person spectating. A good cheat is not detectable <b><u>at all</u></b> by spectating. Seriously. Look at footage from pro players in other games and you will see that people can be ridiculously good at tracking enemies (e.g. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U553p021pRE" target="_blank">quad in TF2</a>) and twitch shots/reaction time (e.g. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPbf6ToctVw" target="_blank">HAL_9000 in CPMA</a>).

I also have to burst your other bubble unfortunately. It's also impossible to prevent cheating, just like it is impossible to prevent viruses. Anti-Cheat measures are flawed in the same way as Anti-Virus programs are. They can mostly only prevent what is publicly known.
  • FappuchinoFappuchino Join Date: 2012-10-10 Member: 162008Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2006491:date=Nov 2 2012, 07:26 AM:name=SiGGi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SiGGi @ Nov 2 2012, 07:26 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2006491"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I get called Hacker every round... even i play com... sry for that:/<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    As long as you don't go about typing things like *lolnub luk at ur score.
  • BVKnightBVKnight Join Date: 2012-02-26 Member: 147496Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2006479:date=Nov 2 2012, 10:18 AM:name=Xostean)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Xostean @ Nov 2 2012, 10:18 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2006479"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So are you going to give us a name or just keep trying to tell us how it couldn't possibly be a good player because you cant rambo or take on more than 1 skulk.

Because you are the first person to come crying about hackers in this forum, and i do mean the first one.

Just because you played NS1 does not mean you are not a noob.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He doesn't need to name anyone, moderators have deleted every name from every accusation posted on these forums. The rule is to take accusations to the server admins, it is their responsibility to deal with it.

OP, camo is actually visible as a slight whisp-like outline, especially when using the flashlight.
    <!--quoteo(post=2006501:date=Nov 2 2012, 10:30 AM:name=BVKnight)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BVKnight @ Nov 2 2012, 10:30 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2006501"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->He doesn't need to name anyone, moderators have deleted every name from every accusation posted on these forums. The rule is to take accusations to the server admins, it is their responsibility to deal with it.

OP, camo is actually visible as a slight whisp-like outline, especially when using the flashlight.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I want him to name some one because i know who the good players from beta are, the ones who would likely be called a hacker.

I want to know if he came across 1 of these players, because if he did then my logic is justified. He meerly got shut down and came to the conclusion they were hacking.
  • GarfuGarfu Join Date: 2012-02-12 Member: 145170Members
    In my latest VOD on my stream I finish a game 40-0 in 10 minutes, check it out. twitch.tv/garfu

This is par for the course.

We have played 1000+ hours before you even fired the game up for the first time. It is ridiculously easy to get ridiculous K:Ds right now, and most competitive players think it's extremely boring to pub at the moment.

And to counter your point, a competitive player is more inclined to rambo off on their own right now beause they know they can handle 1v3s or anything else coming at them.
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Mittens had a good day yesterday.
    that certainly sounds like <i>bad news</i> to me

:horatio caine sunglasses:
  • YuukiYuuki Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75079Members
    Well, instead of banning for cheating admins could start banning for noob-carnage on rookie servers, it's almost as bm and is very easy to prove.
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=2006580:date=Nov 2 2012, 04:22 PM:name=Yuuki)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Yuuki @ Nov 2 2012, 04:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2006580"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well, instead of banning for cheating admins could start banning for noob-carnage on rookie servers, it's almost as bm and is very easy to prove.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    1. There are no admins on official UWE servers.
    2. Doesn't matter if the server has a rookie tag or not, the skill level of the players is still the same.
  • MiniH0wieMiniH0wie Join Date: 2007-11-25 Member: 63013Members
    Just tossing this out here.

I've been playing beta for the past couple years and I typically average a 1.5 K/D ratio (30:20)

But after 1.0 was released, I was getting ridulous kills as marine. Some where ~40:2.

I actually kind of felt bad for beating down on some noobs. :)

But it's not cheating, performance and hitreg has been improved making it easier to play. Plus there are a lot of new people too.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Yeah, since there's no skill scaling players should moderate themselves - or get moderated. I think it's perfectly fine to ban someone for having a 50/5 KD while everyone else on the server is hanging around 12/5. Personally I start feeling super awkward if I'm pulling a huge killstreak, and usually just leave server. Unfortunately there's people petty enough to enjoy zero challenge and "just owning people". That's when it becomes a problem.
  • MiniH0wieMiniH0wie Join Date: 2007-11-25 Member: 63013Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2006596:date=Nov 2 2012, 10:29 AM:name=Mestaritonttu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mestaritonttu @ Nov 2 2012, 10:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2006596"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah, since there's no skill scaling players should moderate themselves - or get moderated.<b> I think it's perfectly fine to ban someone for having a 50/5 KD while everyone else on the server is hanging around 12/5.</b> Personally I start feeling super awkward if I'm pulling a huge killstreak, and usually just leave server. Unfortunately there's people petty enough to enjoy zero challenge and "just owning people". That's when it becomes a problem.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Seriously!?!?

Why should someone be banned for playing better than everyone else and not cheating? I understand that it's frustrating for other people but come on...
This discussion has been closed.