Audio Issues

KerotanKerotan Join Date: 2005-04-17 Member: 48692Members, Constellation
Given NS2 is a very teambased game, it kinda sucks when I can not hear a single thing my teammates say over voice because the game sound is to loud!

In the sound options you have game audio, something and voice.. yet for some reason voice is linked to game audio, I cannot turn the game down and the voice up, anyone figured a way around this?

Comments

• GuspazGuspaz Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2862Members, Constellation
    While I haven't found a way around that, something that mitigates the problem slightly is that the default values, which might appear to be full volume, are not; you can increase voice volume higher than it starts at.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Join Date: 2005-05-15 Member: 51659
    edited November 2012
    This really starts to annoy me.

There needs to be a slider for voice chat volume.

The slider ingame seems to be the input volume of my own voice if I'm not wrong.

Or an option that effects volume automatically dampens when the voice chat is used. This would be great as sound effects are still important in this game and I don't really want to lower them much.
  • FexzzFexzz Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165916Members
    Yeah we really need an option to increase the voice of other players ourselves. Its not helpful to increase the "sound volume" since this will also boost all other sound effects.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Join Date: 2005-05-15 Member: 51659
    I remember this problem being acknowledged months ago in a QnA, hopefully it'll come soon. The voice chat is really important (for me) in this title and it gets really really frustrating when you don't understand your teammates.