Buying Black Armor DLC code off a preorder-er-er

Scott913Scott913 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165604Members, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">I was a bit unsure where to post this...</div>So, it has come to my attention that had I preordered this game I could've received a rather awesome looking Black Marine armor set. After frantically searching the interwebs for a way to still find a code it has come to this. Now I happened upon a similar thread such as this that was posted 2 years ago which the developer ok'd the selling of a code. I am fully aware that an un-linked code to a steam account is probably rare if not non-existent by now but I'd figure I'd give it a try. It seems the devs are quite adamant about not releasing the armor again as paid dlc so, should a person be willing to part with his/her code please let me know at your earliest connivance and we can discuss, pricing, trading, etc etc.

I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place and if I did so please move it to wherever it is better suited to exist. Thank you for a great game and I hope I get lucky enough to find someone with an unbound key!

Comments

• salorsalor Join Date: 2004-02-21 Member: 26771Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2005126:date=Nov 2 2012, 10:22 AM:name=Scott913)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scott913 @ Nov 2 2012, 10:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2005126"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It seems the devs are quite adamant about not releasing the armor again as paid dlc...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well they better well should be. Those of us who believed in UWE when all they had was fancy talk and no game deserve our recognition. I want to be special godamit! lol!!
  • no_ideano_idea Join Date: 2005-02-15 Member: 41201Members
    edited November 2012
    But this thread comes in handy: I still havent got my Black armor yet!
    Are there still problems? Because I recieved the 2nd key as one of the first people but no black armor yet... Whats wrong??
  • GuspazGuspaz Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2862Members, Constellation
    edited November 2012
    You got the key, but did you enter it in Steam?

Check the DLC tab in the steam properties for NS2. If you don't see a DLC for the black armour, you never entered the black armour key. If you do see it, the armour colour is in the in-game settings (pick between Green, Black, and Deluxe).
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2012
    if i had an extra one, there's no way i would sell my precious black armor to jackals like you.

we believed man.

WE BELIEVED.
  • Scott913Scott913 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165604Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2012
    Well considering you haven't entered your key yet are you interested in selling it?

also: <a href="http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090914050152/halo/images/a/af/JackalMajor.png" target="_blank">http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2009...JackalMajor.png</a>
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2005175:date=Nov 1 2012, 05:42 PM:name=no_idea)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (no_idea @ Nov 1 2012, 05:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2005175"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->But this thread comes in handy: I still havent got my Black armor yet!
    Are there still problems? Because I recieved the 2nd key as one of the first people but no black armor yet... Whats wrong??<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you were a Special Edition purchaser.(Special Edition ended around June 30th 2010) You can try to retrieve your missing black armor key here.

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve</a>
    <!--quoteo(post=2005175:date=Nov 1 2012, 05:42 PM:name=no_idea)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (no_idea @ Nov 1 2012, 05:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2005175"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->But this thread comes in handy: I still havent got my Black armor yet!
    Are there still problems? Because I recieved the 2nd key as one of the first people but no black armor yet... Whats wrong??<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

did you pay for the $40 version? i got my black armor dlc code with my game code.
    edited November 2012
    what do you mean with "black armor key"?
    As far as I understood (a few months back) everyone who pre-ordered before steam should recieve the deluxe edition + 2nd key as a giveaway + back armor.
    I recieved the 2nd key but nothing else... I always thought I would already wear it but just a few minutes it came to my attention I dont. ("Back in Beta days" I didnt care so I never asked...)

@Wheese I cant remember .... I bought it half a year ago... God dammit dont tell me I just bought the wrong version?!
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2005197:date=Nov 1 2012, 05:51 PM:name=no_idea)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (no_idea @ Nov 1 2012, 05:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2005197"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->what do you mean with "black armor key"?
    As far as I understood (a few months back) everyone who pre-ordered before steam should recieve the deluxe edition + 2nd key as a giveaway + back armor.
    I recieved the 2nd key but nothing else... I always thought I would already wear it but just a few minutes it came to my attention I dont. ("Back in Beta days" I didnt care so I never asked...)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you purchased the game after around June 30th 2010, you do not get access to Black Armor.
    yeah as i said - half a year -at least.
    Hmmm seems to be I should check my orders if I have bought the "deluxe version"?!
    Good damn, its too long ago but I am pretty sure I didnt do anything because I thought I would have it. And maybe im enterly wrong but I could swear I have read it...
    deluxe version comes with its own special armor style, which is different from black armor (pre-alpha and alpha test preorders)
    edited November 2012
    The original special edition was sold before the game was on Steam. When it came time to get people on Steam, special edition owners were given two activation keys to enter in Steam. One was to activate the game itself, and one was to activate the black armour. If you only entered one activation key, you won't be able to activate the armour until you enter the code. If you bought the game in steam then you missed that initial preorder period by a loooong time.
  • Vladimir Van VodkaVladimir Van Vodka Sexy Beast Join Date: 2010-07-30 Member: 73364Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2005197:date=Nov 2 2012, 01:21 AM:name=no_idea)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (no_idea @ Nov 2 2012, 01:21 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2005197"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->what do you mean with "black armor key"?
    As far as I understood <!--coloro:#FFFF00--><span style="color:#FFFF00"><!--/coloro--><b>(a few months back)</b> everyone who pre-ordered before steam<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> should receive the deluxe edition + 2nd key as a giveaway + back armor.
    I recieved the 2nd key but nothing else... I always thought I would already wear it but just a few minutes it came to my attention I dont. ("Back in Beta days" I didnt care so I never asked...)

@Wheese I cant remember<!--coloro:#FFFF00--><span style="color:#FFFF00"><!--/coloro--> .... I bought it half a year ago...<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> God dammit dont tell me I just bought the wrong version?!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=2005194:date=Nov 2 2012, 01:20 AM:name=IeptBarakat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (IeptBarakat @ Nov 2 2012, 01:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2005194"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you were a Special Edition purchaser.<!--coloro:#FFFF00--><span style="color:#FFFF00"><!--/coloro--><b>(Special Edition ended around June 30th 2010)</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> You can try to retrieve your missing black armor key here.

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Black armor are for those who bought the game <!--coloro:#FFFF00--><span style="color:#FFFF00"><!--/coloro--><b>in alpha</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->, and bought the <!--coloro:#FFFF00--><span style="color:#FFFF00"><!--/coloro--><b>special edition</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> (~40$)

That ended a long time ago. Luckily I bought it before my pc could even run the game, and look at me now; trotting with my super deluxe shiny obsidian gem that is black armor. Mmmm. It was totally worth it just for the trip UWE gave us in alpha and beta, It's nostalgia for me now that it's released.
    Yes, there are three editions:

Normal edition: green armour only
    Special edition (years ago): green, black, and deluxe armour
    Deluxe edition: green and deluxe armour
  • Scott913Scott913 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165604Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Right, so the only real unfortunate part is that those of us who were unaware of this games existence prior to its steam release are unable to get this DLC other than buying/trading for keys that have yet to be redeemed. Hence my thread.
    edited November 2012
    I repeat myself the 3rd time now: I have bought it BEFORE the steam pre-order release;)
    Checked it: I bought it on august the 5th

But that was too late wasnt it??
    That would be a pitty considering how long I have followed it (longer than the forum account) :(

Edit: Thank you Vladimir:/ You did the right thing --> I didnt have a proper rig till a few months back (when I also bought it)
    Well, that makes sense... It's a reward for supporting them in the ramen years when the game was just a promise years away. If anybody could get it now, it would cheapen that reward. Hence why they introduced the third kind of armour.
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2005225:date=Nov 2 2012, 12:04 AM:name=Guspaz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Guspaz @ Nov 2 2012, 12:04 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2005225"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well, that makes sense... It's a reward for supporting them in the ramen years when the game was just a promise years away. If anybody could get it now, it would cheapen that reward. Hence why they introduced the third kind of armour.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Of course -> I would never claim to release it as a normal DLC!
    The Armor should be in the hands of the long-term supporters. My Memory must have gotten me on the wrong track (remembering what i have read blabla),
    I was replying to Scott, but good that you agree :p
    I wont make the same mistake with star-citizen:-p
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    When was the Holiday edition released? I bought that ages ago but I don't think it included black armor.
    Oh I am fully aware of the logic and I agree thats why I'm trying to get a key from a person who either, ended up not liking the game or just wants to make some money. Otherwise I would be ranting about blah blah blah release it to public for x,y and z ra ra ra.
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    edited November 2012
    If anyone sells their black armor... I will find you and I will kill you.

That's like selling your Congressional Medal of Honor.
  • Black_OperativeBlack_Operative Join Date: 2003-06-02 Member: 16957Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    <!--quoteo(post=2005252:date=Nov 1 2012, 06:21 PM:name=Zefram)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zefram @ Nov 1 2012, 06:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2005252"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If anyone sells their black armor... I will find you and I will kill you.

That's like selling your Congressional Medal of Honor.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think I'd be more impressed to see someone that actually has an unused code for Black Armor after all this time. I'd assume they've all long since been claimed.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    The black armor dlc was sent in a 2nd email, so as stated above, use the retrieval email.
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2005265:date=Nov 1 2012, 03:30 PM:name=Black_Operative)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Black_Operative @ Nov 1 2012, 03:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2005265"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think I'd be more impressed to see someone that actually has an unused code for Black Armor after all this time. I'd assume they've all long since been claimed.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah I thought of this and am almost 100% positive this is the case but I figured I'd try and see what I can find.

also @ Zefram in the words of a wise man - "Sh*t ain't that serious!"
  • 1stToast1stToast Join Date: 2007-12-02 Member: 63067Members
    The only way anybody is getting my black armor is to take it from my dead body. I leave a lot of them laying around but good luck with that. :-@
  • DeadzoneDeadzone Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17911Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2005265:date=Nov 1 2012, 05:30 PM:name=Black_Operative)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Black_Operative @ Nov 1 2012, 05:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2005265"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think I'd be more impressed to see someone that actually has an unused code for Black Armor after all this time. I'd assume they've all long since been claimed.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hmm I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one person at some point in the forums who either bought 2 copies for some reason or hadn't redeemed it yet. However, that's the ONLY person and only time I've ever see it. :P
  • TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    edited November 2012
    It's been a while, but if memory serves there were two versions on the initial pre-order period (in 2012); one ($40) came with the black armor, but there was a cheaper 'standard edition' option as well for a few bucks cheaper. I do not believe those who went with the cheaper pre-order option received the black armor (but did receive the bump to 'Deluxe'). Next to no one bought the cheaper tier, so seeing a 'green' around was extremely rare in alpha.

Check your original receipt, make sure it was for the full $40.

Also, good luck finding someone who didn't redeem it already, and is willing to part with it, knowing that it very likely will never be offered again.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    What Talesin says is tha ### thuth :)