UWE - Answer your Customers Please

MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
When is this fix coming?

Comments

• bagderbagder Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164786Members
    what i dont understand is... why not roll back the build to one that doesnt crash???
    isnt that the whole point of having different builds... if one is released that crashes most users... GO BACK TO THE OLD ONE.....

grasping at threads
  • magicmangomagicmango Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164777Members
    go here
    <a href="https://twitter.com/NS2" target="_blank">https://twitter.com/NS2</a>
    check for updates.

they are working on it
  • SaganSagan Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8346Members
    if your referring to the pre-cache thing... they mentioned on twitter that "@nico__22 currently in intensive testing to produce reliable reproduction steps, then patching it "

taken straight from twitter.
  • bagderbagder Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164786Members
    all hail the ###### ..er i mean twitter

sacrifice your dollars to the might twitter lord
  • SaganSagan Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8346Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2003659:date=Oct 31 2012, 07:59 PM:name=bagder)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bagder @ Oct 31 2012, 07:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2003659"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->all hail the ###### ..er i mean twitter

sacrifice your dollars to the might twitter lord<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

A place to Gossip and Criticize others... How did none of us ever think of that!?
  • MiniH0wieMiniH0wie Join Date: 2007-11-25 Member: 63013Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2003645:date=Oct 31 2012, 06:50 PM:name=MuckyMcFly)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MuckyMcFly @ Oct 31 2012, 06:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2003645"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->When is this fix coming?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So you expect them to be physic?

Patch will be out when it's fixed, have patience.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We have identified several key issues with the current build and are actively working on a fix for all of them, including the pre-cache bug. There is no ETA on the fix right now but the time horizon is short. It is our only focus right now. Please remember we have only a handful of programmers! <3
  • antacidantacid Join Date: 2007-08-07 Member: 61821Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited October 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2003706:date=Nov 1 2012, 12:32 AM:name=MiniH0wie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MiniH0wie @ Nov 1 2012, 12:32 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2003706"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So you expect them to be physic?

Patch will be out when it's fixed, have patience.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Physics? What? You mean psychic. Big difference.
  • MiniH0wieMiniH0wie Join Date: 2007-11-25 Member: 63013Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2003731:date=Oct 31 2012, 07:52 PM:name=antacid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (antacid @ Oct 31 2012, 07:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2003731"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Physics? What? You mean psychic. Big difference.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What, you expect me to be a english master now?

but i haz teh internets

:D
  • icecoldhateradeicecoldhaterade Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164753Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2003729:date=Oct 31 2012, 08:51 PM:name=Strayan (NS2HD))--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Strayan (NS2HD) @ Oct 31 2012, 08:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2003729"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We have identified several key issues with the current build and are actively working on a fix for all of them, including the pre-cache bug. There is no ETA on the fix right now but the time horizon is short. It is our only focus right now. Please remember we have only a handful of programmers! <3<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    i cant wait i do want to play asap but like not rushing yall its as i said on twitter game looks like a good time
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thanks for the reply and Im sorry for the outbursts but as a supporter from day one, not to be able to play now is incredibly frustrating.
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    I feel the same. For me the game changed from "stable, but horrible performance" to "unstable/unplayable with most likely 'good' performance". It is just very frustrating. Every build towards 1.0 made the game more instable for me. And the fact that it is now released and not a beta anymore and you can't play it is a box on the ears. Call it beta 227 build and I am frustrated. Add a released to it and it makes me angry as well. It is strange and I should just forget about the game for 1-3 month and hope for the best, but I want to play it or at least test my custom maps, but new bugs for the last 10 builds are preventing that :D

And people had problems in the beta, so it was to expect that even more people will have problems after release due to the cheer number of fresh players. Now they released it and they have to change their policy of community communication. They can't expect the same patience from customers as from beta testers. And I bet that disasters like Legends of Pegasus are making the customers more sensitive about games that don't run at release.

But you are all right, we should just be patient. UWE is working on the game 24/7 as they proofed it during the development process. And I trust them. They will find the problems and fix them. I just hope it won't take them a few years to make the game awesome again (for the players who still have technical problems). Maybe the game will be fine in about 5 years when everyone will most likely have a brand new PC that will fix many problems and bugs ;) Who knows...
  • mlykkemlykke Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165246Members
    is that diconnecting-after-5-seconds-on-every-server-problem one of the things being worked on? because its reaaaaally annoying having to try 20 server joins before it finally decides to let me stay and play on a server. sometimes I just give up because I dont have the time to try 20 times...
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    I assume its all the bugs, but it still fries my brain that beta 226 played like a dream game and build 227 v1.0 is beyond broken.

Feel bad for devs and everyone whos suffering.
  • DamDSxDamDSx Join Date: 2004-08-10 Member: 30506Members
    edited November 2012
    Im formatting and installing 64 bit when I get home (for several reasons, not just the game. I have 4gb of ram but currently only using 3, PC is slow and all broken from me attempting fixes for problems that arise in the office, I work in IT) Ill report if that fixes it.
  • mlykkemlykke Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165246Members
    yea well I got 3 bugs myself. one of them being the one I mentioned. the other one is sometimes when I join a server the screen is just black with the "build 227" in the top left corner. and the third is very often the server browser is just empty so I have to restart the game or wait and then search again.

I can't believe how all these bugs can be in a released product that we all pay for. also having in mind you say it worked fine in build 226

ive been sitting and trying since my last post to join a server, without any luck yet...
  • pir4nhapir4nha Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 164889Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2004488:date=Nov 1 2012, 06:48 AM:name=DamDSx)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DamDSx @ Nov 1 2012, 06:48 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2004488"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Im formatting and installing 64 bit when I get home (for several reasons, not just the game. I have 4gb of ram but currently only using 3, PC is slow and all broken from me attempting fixes for problems that arise in the office, I work in IT) Ill report if that fixes it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    keep us informed, i tried several things without success
    <!--quoteo(post=2004492:date=Nov 1 2012, 10:52 AM:name=pir4nha)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pir4nha @ Nov 1 2012, 10:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2004492"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->keep us informed, i tried several things without success<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Will do. Hopefully, if evidence is correct, this will fix it.

I was going to try with Windows 8 but my boss did not give me any of the dev keys we get, he hasnt realesed them to us yet, stingy ######
  • SuperflySuperfly Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3485Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=2004506:date=Nov 1 2012, 11:04 AM:name=DamDSx)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DamDSx @ Nov 1 2012, 11:04 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2004506"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Will do. Hopefully, if evidence is correct, this will fix it.

I was going to try with Windows 8 but my boss did not give me any of the dev keys we get, he hasnt realesed them to us yet, stingy ######<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Don't go Windows 8 Yet. There is a yet unidentified FPS drop related to Windows 8 that some users are reporting. I've tested it on my core i5 with windows 8 and it is unplayable, but I have no issues with Windows 7 x64.

I will test some Windows 8 compatibly options later and see if that makes a difference.
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2004544:date=Nov 1 2012, 11:31 AM:name=Superfly)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Superfly @ Nov 1 2012, 11:31 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2004544"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Don't go Windows 8 Yet. There is a yet unidentified FPS drop related to Windows 8 that some users are reporting. I've tested it on my core i5 with windows 8 and it is unplayable, but I have no issues with Windows 7 x64.

I will test some Windows 8 compatibly options later and see if that makes a difference.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ok, good to know. I will avoid it for now.

From what I read, running it in compatibility mode with win7 SP1 fixed a lot of issues for win 8 users
    From twitter!!!!!!

Natural Selection 2 ‏@NS2
    Update on pre-cacheing bug: We have found it and are currently nailing it to the wall. Expect patch soon!

###### YES UWE YOU ARE ###### AWESOME.

###### ###### ###### ###### ######
    perhaps a post on the official tech support forums as well, but glad to hear it.
    Just open up <a href="http://twitter.com/NS2" target="_blank">http://twitter.com/NS2</a> and monitor, more efficient than monitoring a forum, sorting trough posts imo.
  • neilm86neilm86 Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67198Members
    edited November 2012
    They generally are awesome - for all the people getting there panties in a twist over bugs crashes etc - i know it is incredibly frustrating but there are few games out there, that on release, work with no issues at all. You must remember these guys are a skeleton team of a skeleton team compared to the big games producers. And they are very competent and they work their ass off until things are working. They are NOT trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes - so PLEASE - be patient and hang on.

And i suggest using this site:

<a href="http://www.play4dead.com/ns2/" target="_blank">http://www.play4dead.com/ns2/</a>

To 'stalk' the developers and monitor game updates.
  • eigerascenteigerascent Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 164988Members
    From Twitter

"Update on pre-cacheing bug: We have found it and are currently nailing it to the wall. Expect patch soon!"
  • WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yup, I think they have their reasons for only posting on Twitter. They did declare that @NS2 account as their official Twitter account just as they did with this forums as the official forums.

I think its because if they post it here, they are obliged to reply posts and stuff, and I think they and the rest of us would much prefer them to be dedicating their time to the game code itself rather than spending hours here on the forums replying queries. (e.g. I just spent 40 minutes here replying posts despite having replied one batch just 5+ hours ago)