post 1.0 wishlist

nSidianSidia Join Date: 2012-08-15 Member: 155651Members
<div class="IPBDescription">this is what i would like to see first</div>first person spec + the removal of third person spec... its just ugly with the clipping.
highlighted vents on tram. idk if you devs noticed but you forgot to do that lol.
fix of the sound bug in ball court. fix the vents on docking
filters saving aka i unchecked filter modded then reboot it should still be unchecked. but it just resets every time!
i personally would like to see mine shaft be removed or improved greatly. its just not that fun to play
also i want another side arm as a marine.. maybe a desert eagle? get 1 deaged
smoother animations
rail gun when ever possible
less mine spam?
a cleaner more pc styled main menu with windows like half life

and that's really all i can think of right now? anyone else have any ideas of what they really wanna see?

Comments

• includeinclude aka RpTheHotrod Dallas, TX Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12027Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited October 2012
    No rush but some day down the line I'd love to have an overhaul on the fire animation of the flamethrower. Once the fire leaves the gun, it still is "connected" so when you turn, the whole jet turns with it. Just feels wrong. Now, granted this video is a joke video but you can see a much more fluid-like jet stream. The fire that expels isn't connected to the flamethrower.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7H65SIyOfA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7H65SIyOfA</a>

vs ns flamethrower.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppmObCQ_ilw#t=1m22s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppmObCQ_ilw#t=1m22s</a>
  • eh?eh? Join Date: 2012-03-03 Member: 147997Members
    Expanded options menu with ticks for disabling view tilting, screen shaking, sliders for intensity on screen splatter effects. Or at the very least an options.xml setting for the view tilting.

Steam server browser integration.

Working demo / replay system.

Server browser "name" filter so you can find servers by name a bit easier.

Slightly more obvious mod menu UI with checkboxes instead of labels that say yes or no.

Personally don't like server pw field being clear text opposed to asterisk'd. But I guess not that important.
  • maD maXmaD maX Join Date: 2010-01-28 Member: 70347Members
    Victory jet pack !! That is all.
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited October 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2002767:date=Oct 31 2012, 08:49 AM:name=eh?)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (eh? @ Oct 31 2012, 08:49 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2002767"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Expanded options menu with ticks for disabling view tilting, screen shaking, sliders for intensity on screen splatter effects. Or at the very least an options.xml setting for the view tilting.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thisssss x100

Also, a more extensive and customizable keybind menu. And also also, kind of minor but it would be nice to be able to pick which egg you spawn in while you sit in the queue (seems like something simple to add?).
  • rmbrown09rmbrown09 Join Date: 2012-10-17 Member: 162592Members
    I would be happy if all the UWE team did was optimize the game in the next build. at 1440p I was getting 70FPS on the marine side but about 40 on the alien. This is the poorest performing game I own now. BF3 at ultra never drops below 60 fps. SC2 is the same.

My GPU is barely working though because it never even gets above 40c. it idles at 32c.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2012
    The crazy screen shift when you got hit in ns1 needs to return.
  • SomaZSomaZ Join Date: 2011-08-09 Member: 115177Members
    More fps would be nice. Atm it's unplayable as an Alien for me.
  • bspolobsbspolobs Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165090Members
    I would like to have:

<b><u>Better server management:</u></b>

- <u>History Server Tab</u> to be implemented
    - <u>Favorite Server Tab</u> to be implemented
    - <u>Improved Server Filters</u> to be implemented
    - <u>Password Required Filter</u> to be implemented
    - <u>Stop Command for Auto- Refresh server list</u> to be implemented
    - <u>Remembering Server list without refreshing it</u> to be implemented
    - <u>Right-click command to have detailed information or refreshing the targeted server</u> to be implemented
    - <u>On click selected server to be auto-refreshed with option to enable/disable such feature</u> to be implemented

This is for starters. Ideas which to me seems user friendly. If you have better ideas please do suggest.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2012
    ^

Dedicated Only

Hide Passworded Servers

Plus the ability to quick refresh.(Only refresh servers currently in the list.)
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    edited October 2012
    ! Beside fixing various crash issues and bugs !, I would want the same as bspolobs. A better server manager.

The best would be a copy of the half-life options. But at least a stop refresh and quick refresh button. A list of players on the server would be sweet as well.

Edit: I forgot a small but annoying thing. If you try to join a server and it is full, can't we get dropped back to the server list and not the main menu?! thx
  • JuCCiJuCCi Join Date: 2011-08-08 Member: 114961Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Reserved slots for servers please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DrownDrown Underwater Join Date: 2002-12-02 Member: 10392Members
    bab...

bbaaabbbll

babbbleeerrrsss!
  • countbasiecountbasie Join Date: 2008-12-27 Member: 65884Members
    edited October 2012
    - <!--fonto:Impact--><span style="font-family:Impact"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:6--><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Hive Teleport<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

- optimizations
    - 'Stop'-button for refreshing the server list
  • casper5866casper5866 Join Date: 2007-11-01 Member: 62799Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2003189:date=Nov 1 2012, 03:25 AM:name=bspolobs)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bspolobs @ Nov 1 2012, 03:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2003189"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would like to have:

<b><u>Better server management:</u></b>

- <u>History Server Tab</u> to be implemented
    - <u>Favorite Server Tab</u> to be implemented
    - <u>Improved Server Filters</u> to be implemented
    - <u>Password Required Filter</u> to be implemented
    - <u>Stop Command for Auto- Refresh server list</u> to be implemented
    - <u>Remembering Server list without refreshing it</u> to be implemented
    - <u>Right-click command to have detailed information or refreshing the targeted server</u> to be implemented
    - <u>On click selected server to be auto-refreshed with option to enable/disable such feature</u> to be implemented

This is for starters. Ideas which to me seems user friendly. If you have better ideas please do suggest.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Agree! Without a Favorite Server tab makes it really hard to build a community around a server...
    Also, I would recommend an "Add server" like Half-Life so we can put in IP address of the server. Sometimes we just want to play with our friends...doesn't want it to show up in the master server list.
  • AlchemdaAlchemda Join Date: 2004-02-01 Member: 25942Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2002836:date=Oct 31 2012, 11:23 AM:name=rmbrown09)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rmbrown09 @ Oct 31 2012, 11:23 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2002836"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would be happy if all the UWE team did was optimize the game in the next build. at 1440p I was getting 70FPS on the marine side but about 40 on the alien. This is the poorest performing game I own now. BF3 at ultra never drops below 60 fps. SC2 is the same.

My GPU is barely working though because it never even gets above 40c. it idles at 32c.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This game is CPU intensive due to the LUA code. Much of this graphics engine for the game goes to the CPU for computations rather than GPU. Unless you have an i7 Quad superspectacular. Your not going to get the zing!
  • AlchemdaAlchemda Join Date: 2004-02-01 Member: 25942Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2002836:date=Oct 31 2012, 11:23 AM:name=rmbrown09)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rmbrown09 @ Oct 31 2012, 11:23 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2002836"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would be happy if all the UWE team did was optimize the game in the next build. at 1440p I was getting 70FPS on the marine side but about 40 on the alien. This is the poorest performing game I own now. BF3 at ultra never drops below 60 fps. SC2 is the same.

My GPU is barely working though because it never even gets above 40c. it idles at 32c.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This game is CPU intensive due to the LUA code. Much of this graphics engine for the game goes to the CPU for computations rather than GPU. Unless you have an i7 Quad superspectacular. Your not going to get the zing!
  • Commander_GhostCommander_Ghost Join Date: 2003-05-02 Member: 15999Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2003316:date=Oct 31 2012, 03:11 PM:name=JuCCi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JuCCi @ Oct 31 2012, 03:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2003316"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Reserved slots for servers please!!!!!!!!!!!!!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Definately this, love having a full server hate having to wait unless i restart it so i can get on...
  • OlmyOlmy Join Date: 2003-05-08 Member: 16142Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, NS2 Developer, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    <!--quoteo(post=2002751:date=Oct 31 2012, 03:39 PM:name=nSidia)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nSidia @ Oct 31 2012, 03:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2002751"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->highlighted vents on tram. idk if you devs noticed but you forgot to do that lol.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We were aware of the issue but there wasn't enough time to find the root cause. I'll try to get this problem addressed soon as I can (it's at the top of my wishlist too).
  • pardzhpardzh Join Date: 2002-10-25 Member: 1601Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2003324:date=Oct 31 2012, 04:14 PM:name=Drown)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Drown @ Oct 31 2012, 04:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2003324"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->bab...

bbaaabbbll

babbbleeerrrsss!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This is extremely important to me.
  • Vladimir Van VodkaVladimir Van Vodka Sexy Beast Join Date: 2010-07-30 Member: 73364Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->cerberi.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
  • NeoRussiaNeoRussia Join Date: 2012-08-04 Member: 154743Members
    I doubt devs would want an artstyle change but simple, brighter, clearer lighting please, I know it may be too late but serious players will eventually hardly care about immersion.

More config options. Let us disable all that eyecandy screenshaking and w/e. As well as server variable to control things such as player speed and <b>tickrate</b>. Also PLEASE interp commands so we can eventually notice all that network and server optimization that will actually happen.

Would have said simple infestation here, but I'm really honoured that one of my ideas has become a feature! Thank you so much for this.

Featured mod page? Mite B Cool.
  • MagnetoMagneto Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75856Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2003316:date=Oct 31 2012, 08:11 PM:name=JuCCi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JuCCi @ Oct 31 2012, 08:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2003316"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Reserved slots for servers please!!!!!!!!!!!!!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I used to hate this as im sure many others did as well, at the very least it should show its full with reserved slots.
  • nSidianSidia Join Date: 2012-08-15 Member: 155651Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2004505:date=Nov 1 2012, 07:03 AM:name=Olmy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olmy @ Nov 1 2012, 07:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2004505"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We were aware of the issue but there wasn't enough time to find the root cause. I'll try to get this problem addressed soon as I can (it's at the top of my wishlist too).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If it helps any i know there is a hole in the map. The vent that goes from server room to mezzainia has a hole on the bottom mezziani side. If you look down while at the mouth.

Also another thing that would be neat is for scans to show egg types. Might be good for doing timing scans trying to find the onos egg and to kill it with an arc or marine.