Latest patch, fixed nothing.

redrageredrage Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 164896Members
edited November 2012 in Technical Support
Yeh i'm asking for my money back. I encourage others to do the same so creators don't pull ###### like this.

Comments

• VolcanoVolcano Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112496Members, Constellation
  • magicmangomagicmango Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164777Members
    hmm still crashing here, doh
  • pir4nhapir4nha Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 164889Members
    i don't think they released the patch yet,
    and yes, its still crashing, but at least we have a soundtrack and wallpapers meanwhile :)
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2004099:date=Nov 1 2012, 06:50 AM:name=pir4nha)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pir4nha @ Nov 1 2012, 06:50 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2004099"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i don't think they released the patch yet,
    and yes, its still crashing, but at least we have a soundtrack and wallpapers meanwhile :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Maybe UWE will spring to another free copy of the game to compensate?... /holds breath :P
  • carlgmcarlgm Join Date: 2004-08-26 Member: 30907Members, Constellation
    Hang in there, it'll be worth the wait! :)
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2004176:date=Nov 1 2012, 10:42 AM:name=carlgm)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (carlgm @ Nov 1 2012, 10:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2004176"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hang in there, it'll be worth the wait! :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Played every single released build of the game, from alpha dude. Version 1.0 is the only one I cant play.

Its just capping a bad week for me, lost a friend to cancer today.

Guess that makes my NS2 issue a tad more petty.
  • pOwipOwi Join Date: 2005-04-17 Member: 48684Members
    All this forum being spammed by people with the same error and they dont post any thing about this, its like we are invissible or they just dont care about us because they already have our money lol, but they have time to add a 200mb patch with wallpapers/soundtrack etc, but they dont give a sh*t about this, or even show himself there saying something about this.

Im refunding, if they dont take us serious why i am going to give them my money.
    I just bought a game, then 48h without playing couse of <b>∞ errors</b> and theres no answer by them.
  • carlgmcarlgm Join Date: 2004-08-26 Member: 30907Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=2004297:date=Nov 1 2012, 07:35 AM:name=pOwi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pOwi @ Nov 1 2012, 07:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2004297"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->All this forum being spammed by people with the same error and they dont post any thing about this, its like we are invissible or they just dont care about us because they already have our money lol, but they have time to add a 200mb patch with wallpapers/soundtrack etc, but they dont give a sh*t about this, or even show himself there saying something about this.

Im refunding, if they dont take us serious why i am going to give them my money.
    I just bought a game, then 48h without playing couse of <b>∞ errors</b> and theres no answer by them.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You are very wrong - just hang in there! They are all working on this right now and that's all - they've most definitely not done a slash and grab for the money. The 200MB patch was for the Deluxe edition that really should have been released on launch, it was just a case of pushing it out a bit later and didn't involve any time from all the programmers working on the issues (other than probably Brian hitting submit build).

I do however think they could have posted a bit more on the forum but they are responding to some threads and their official Twitter feed does state they are working on it and they are responding to specific users with the questions.
  • BoBiNoUBoBiNoU Join Date: 2007-12-27 Member: 63274Members
    Calm down kids
    They announced on their twitter feed that they're working on bugs.

Regarding the last patch they just added content that was already made BEFORE the release but couldnt get shipped with.

Damn angry kids are really annoying
  • radforChristradforChrist USA Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6871Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    edited November 2012
    From their Tweets:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If lowering texture quality did not work to stop the pre-cache bug for you, fear not @dushan42 is currently ruthlessly hunting it down<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Granted, they should at least be posting something on the forums for those who do not follow twitter, but they are well aware. There was a tweet yesterday with the assumption of a patch last night. However, I don't think that happened, so it seems they're still hunting the bug that's causing the issue.

Ninja edit: There was a patch, my bad...

I know it sucks not to be able to play a game you paid for. And there's no 1-800-CALL-UWE support either.

However, the developers themselves are reading your comments, and acting accordingly. I'd take that over a call center anyday.

Try to be patient. The fix is coming.
  • SuperflySuperfly Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3485Members, Constellation
    From someone who has been around a long time. I can ensure you that if they are not communicating it is because they are fixing. So be patient, nobody in the world wants you to enjoy this game more than UWE. They did not spend years working in this so that they can take your money and run.
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    The last Steam update was only for the DLC files for the Deluxe edition, the OST and artbook.
    From the <a href="https://twitter.com/NS2/status/263809213376110592" target="_blank">ns2 twitter</a>:
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If lowering texture quality did not work to stop the pre-cache bug for you, fear not @dushan42 is currently ruthlessly hunting it down<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • icecoldhateradeicecoldhaterade Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164753Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2004297:date=Nov 1 2012, 08:35 AM:name=pOwi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pOwi @ Nov 1 2012, 08:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2004297"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->All this forum being spammed by people with the same error and they dont post any thing about this, its like we are invissible or they just dont care about us because they already have our mboney lol, but they have time to add a 200mb patch with wallpapers/soundtrack etc, but they dont give a sh*t about this, or even show himself there saying something about this.

I just bought a game, then 48h without playing couse of <b>∞ errors</b> and theres no answer by them.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    they have been giving progress reports on twitter yes its silly but if thats how they prefer to do things just do what i do and stalk twitter the patch with the wall papers and sound track and stuff was content we should have gotten on launch that they already had ready but couldnt release in time they are working on solving our problem dont jump ship just yet they will solve this
  • DamDSxDamDSx Join Date: 2004-08-10 Member: 30506Members
    edited November 2012
    I did not get any deluxe content, although I did download over 200mb of stuff this morning. I check the DLC and it says there is no DLC available. what the hell?

Tomorrow I have the day off, I better be able to play or Ill cry.

Powi, if them being aware, working on a fix, is "no answer from them" then I dont know what to tell you.

You sound a little spoiled. have a some patience.
  • VolcanoVolcano Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112496Members, Constellation
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2\DeluxeEdition
  • DamDSxDamDSx Join Date: 2004-08-10 Member: 30506Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2004342:date=Nov 1 2012, 08:09 AM:name=Volcano)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Volcano @ Nov 1 2012, 08:09 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2004342"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2\DeluxeEdition<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wonder why there is a DLC option in steam for the game then :S

Ill check it when I get home, omw to work now.
  • blinblin Join Date: 2011-07-20 Member: 111290Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2004181:date=Nov 1 2012, 04:47 AM:name=MuckyMcFly)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MuckyMcFly @ Nov 1 2012, 04:47 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2004181"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Played every single released build of the game, from alpha dude. Version 1.0 is the only one I cant play.

Its just capping a bad week for me, lost a friend to cancer today.

Guess that makes my NS2 issue a tad more petty.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

bro, sorry to hear that, you really need to play now.. and a beer... lots of that too..

same story with the game here, played alpha to omega, no probs and 1.0 brought a surprise :-)

My story: woke up on purpose earlier to watch the launch of the game, updated and game crashed. Went to work, I ride an electric scooter, so the battery which I brought from home where it was recharging just didnt want to go in the latch. NO REASON. Came to office, internet just fell down, gmail still not working, went out on the scooter, parked, came back and found out, that someone crashed into it, breaking the speed handle, went to fix it, the guy broke the electricity on the whole bike, took him an hour to fix it. After that I just went straight home, closed the doors and went to bed... what a day it was.