ME ME ME, MINE MINE MINE

nbinryshadenbinryshade Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165240Members
<div class="IPBDescription">UWE are people too. Post what you like instead of what you hate.</div>HELLO NS2 COMMUNITY!

That's right, we are a community guys. Even UWE is a part of us, and having played larger games (WoW, Diablo 3, etc) where I couldn't even begin to tell you even two people's names that worked on the game, it is a darn-near cosmic blessing that the people who made this game are active in the game community. But, in the past few days there's been a vast influx of new people (which is AWESOME), and a lot of the new (even a few beta guys) people seem to keep asking: <b><u>WHERE IS MY ______</u></b> <i>(Much akin to a child asking where his/her bottle is IMO)</i>

While I completely understand this point of view (I mean you DID pay after all, we all did.) some people don't realize how good the game runs considering that it JUST released. One quick comparison I have just off the top of my head, is the release of Diablo 3. EA has more money than I will EVER see in my life and for the entire first day of their game release nobody could play. They didn't know that would happen. If a corporation THAT big can't expect the unexpected, <i>how do you expect UWE to</i>? Did EA even pay attention to their community? Sure, I guess? They just said they'd fix it. The head of the company never posted anything, I bet you. UWE stays active on twitter and updates US when THEY know something. In the time I've written this they've tweeted about 9 times about their work on the pre-cache bug.

EVEN WHEN GAMES ARE RELEASED THEY WILL HAVE BUGS GUYS, it's just the way it is. Not everyones computers are the same, so there are going to be things UWE didn't expect, <b>JUST LIKE EA</b>. Even Diablo II wasn't <i>REALLY</i> done until 1.11b (you know what I'm talkin'bout). Have a little common decency and manners for the people that brought you this. Everyone seems to neglect the fact that UWE is not a multi million dollar corporation (such as EA) The amount of threads complaining about bugs, complaining about not having their deluxe edition OST and artbook, even something as simple as the<b><i> IN GAME</i></b> model. Can we not just be civil and stop complaining so much?

UWE already got the bottle out for us, and heated it up the way they thought everyone would enjoy. MOST of us are enjoying our warm milk waiting for when UWE will put that little bit of vanilla extract and sugar in to make it REALLY good. Other people try that milk and complain because THEY wanted the vanilla extract and sugar ON THE FIRST DAY. Doesn't work that way guys.

After everything that's happened with America's economy, we are truly lucky that UWE has outlasted so many other developers. So give them a break, they've spent the past 10 years on this. They are doing what they can, and with complete transparency as to where they are at in updating this. Give them a break. Stop raging. Drink a beer, smoke a bowl, what have you, and chill out. They are flesh and bone just like us, and if YOU spent ten years on a game and everyone shat on it upon release, how would YOU feel?

tl;dr: Give UWE a break they're doing a great job. Kudos to all involved in this great game and kudos to everyone in this community for making it what it is!

Comments

• Skyforger2Skyforger2 Join Date: 2007-10-19 Member: 62681Members
    Yeah i agree, to many useless threads by newcomers.
    I say we feed them to the onus.
  • BrainmaggotBrainmaggot Join Date: 2012-09-03 Member: 157535Members
    I love this thread!

I fully agree with everything you said.
    New games always have lots and lots of bugs and kinks to iron out. I'm surprised it's working as well as it should!
    Even the launch of the game was smooth as a baby's bottom. That's the first time in years I've seen a game release without crashing
    all of their servers from the stress or something similar.

Amazing work on NS2 UWE and you know what? The alien team is amazing. It's not dull, it's not severely underpowered.

Keep up the good work, I'll just keep trying to educate new players from the commander position in the mean time. :)
  • stickybootstickyboot Join Date: 2004-01-29 Member: 25711Members, Constellation
    edited October 2012
    I have the slightest ammount of sympathy for manbaby whining from the average gamer crowd when its against a bugged game with 100s of millions of dollars in development funding from a major developer charging full price, but when it comes to an highly repectfull/responsive and small indi developer releasing a really ambitiouse title like NS2, a little more patients should be expected.

Yes the game runs awsome for thousands of players. If your particular setup with all your particular software doesnt quite run right within the first few days of release, relax, send in your crash report, take a walk outside, pay attention to your family, and chill for a bit. It doesnt call for a sperged out fit of rage. It will get fixed! The whole beta process was like this, and it will continue for a long while, whith the show stoppers fixed within a week usually.

The games I have played since release have been absolutely a blast! All the new players learning new things, working together, bumbling from hive to hive, asking "how do i x?" slowly getting it together. Being able to hop in with 1 or 2 other beta players into a team of green, and help turn games around and teach a whole lot of NS2 has been one of the biggest highlits for me in games for years!
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2003778:date=Oct 31 2012, 08:31 PM:name=Skyforger2)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Skyforger2 @ Oct 31 2012, 08:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2003778"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah i agree, to many useless threads by newcomers.
    I say we feed them to the onus.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Comments like this is why forums need a thumbs up button :D