Did not get deluxe armor

xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
I had NS2 preorder in my library since oct 10 and now that this laggy game is released I don't get a thing. Huh? Huge disappointment here.

Not even that, but the only game to lag that hard on minimal settings was arma 2, but it had huge piece of land with tons of cities loaded abd 5 km view distance. NS has some empty corridors and I get like 20 fps? Gotta be kidding. And I didn't get a thing for preordering.

Meh.

Comments

• SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    Did you check that you turned on the delux armor in your options menu?
  • salorsalor Join Date: 2004-02-21 Member: 26771Members
    In the "General" menu, you have the option to switch between your available armours. You dont see any visuals of the armour on that menu (i.e an image), but there is a button on that list that you can cycle between your available armours.

Check the "General" menu, it should be there.
  • RiCexEaTeRRiCexEaTeR Join Date: 2010-05-10 Member: 71700Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    sorry about your lag. make sure your joining servers that have above 90% PERFORMANCE <i><b><u>and</u></b></i> under 100ms PING
  • BVKnightBVKnight Join Date: 2012-02-26 Member: 147496Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2003418:date=Oct 31 2012, 05:17 PM:name=xen32)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xen32 @ Oct 31 2012, 05:17 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2003418"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I had NS2 preorder in my library since oct 10 and now that this laggy game is released I don't get a thing. Huh? Huge disappointment here.

Not even that, but the only game to lag that hard on minimal settings was arma 2, but it had huge piece of land with tons of cities loaded abd 5 km view distance. NS has some empty corridors and I get like 20 fps? Gotta be kidding. And I didn't get a thing for preordering.

Meh.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You definitely got lots of stuff for preordering. The deluxe armor is released, the other goodies haven't been released yet. If you would like to check out your armor as other people see it, go into Explore mode or start your own server. Open the console by pressing ~, then type in "cheats 1" without the quotation marks. Then type in "thirdperson". This is how other people will see your armor, the deluxe version you can tell by the different visor.

Not sure why you are lagging. I'm running off of crossfired 5670s, which are really low end, and on minimal settings I get around 70-100 fps. So there should be some combination of settings that can get you good performance, for sure. Your CPU will also play a really big part. If you head over to the technical support forum and post your computer specs and the problem, you can get some help.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited October 2012
    Yes, I did check that option, it only says green and does not let me switch anything. Also, I did check DLCs for NS2, it does not say I own any and I've heard you should have Deluxe DLC or something.

Considering lag, I am running at all low, there is nowhere to go any lower.

I think that was the last time I preordered anything. You should always try before buy or you might get this terrible experience.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2003647:date=Oct 31 2012, 07:53 PM:name=xen32)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xen32 @ Oct 31 2012, 07:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2003647"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think that was the last time I preordered anything. You should always try before buy or you might get this terrible experience.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sorry you feel that way. Do your pc specs meet the requirements, the game is a bit rough performance wise at the moment for most people.

Also you should try to contact them if you don't get your deluxe version within a few days.

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/help/" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/help/</a>
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    <!--quoteo(post=2003707:date=Oct 31 2012, 04:33 PM:name=IeptBarakat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (IeptBarakat @ Oct 31 2012, 04:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2003707"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sorry you feel that way. Do your pc specs meet the requirements, the game is a bit rough performance wise at the moment for most people.

Also you should try to contact them if you don't get your deluxe version within a few days.

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/help/" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/help/</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

My pc spec meet minimal requrements. Even a little better (more RAM and vRAM, also better videocard)
  • TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    Such as? Post your specs, and people may be able to help point out why things aren't running as fast as you'd like.
    Also, remember; the minimum requirements aren't going to get very good performance... just be able to run the game. This isn't a highly-polished engine put together by a team of highly paid coders and refined through commercial testing. It's also more visually impressive overall than a lot of the others on the market at the moment.
  • BadIronTreeBadIronTree Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34252Members
    win+r for Run
    type dxdiag
    run it...
    save it in txt and post it