BE NICE

RiCexEaTeRRiCexEaTeR Join Date: 2010-05-10 Member: 71700Members, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">and FTLOG teach!</div>oh and GET OUT OF THE COMM CHAIR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT UR DOING

and

GTFO this isent n00b friendly server.

are not appropriate ways to greet our new players.

must rest now, voice is hoarse, too much explaining and teaching

Comments

• ChimichangaChimichanga Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157618Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Il take over as soon as i am home from work.

And yes, be nice to the greenies, i will miss the great games we veterans had in beta. Buuuut it is a steep learning curve and we gotta teach the newbies.
  • KeldornKeldorn Join Date: 2012-05-05 Member: 151587Members
    I'll be doing alot of Khamming the next few weeks, better than bashing new players for e-penis points. :)
  • Live_FeedLive_Feed Join Date: 2010-07-15 Member: 72419Members
    yup been khammanding last night and this morning and getting the greens more versed in how to play the game, do's and don'ts etc.

Hopefully more marine-biased players are helping foster some commanders.
  • PsympleJesterPsympleJester Join Date: 2008-04-06 Member: 64024Members
    The best bit about Khamming is it being so easy/too little to do you can get out and skulk rape/fade the marines to death.
    I have been playing matches where I did all the killing like 40-50 kills and was the khammander... xD

Every game I just spam onos and gorge eggs and explain to the rookies how to effectively use a bilebomb+healspray gorge onos team of DOOM!
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    Am I allowed to be mad if the comm isn't listening to teaching?
  • [C.H.U.D.][C.H.U.D.] Join Date: 2012-10-05 Member: 161559Members
    I'm doing my best to teach people as I go. Blown away by how many new players are in now. This is great. Best part is I haven't run into any ######. All the new players I've met have been eager to learn and be commanded. It may be frustrating when I try to get them to organize but I understand they don't know the map layouts yet.

NS2 has nuked my expectations from orbit. Really blown away at how well it all came together in the end. I've said it plenty today but Congrats UWE. You guys did it again and bigger this time.
  • SoruzSoruz Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 164885Members
    I'm pretty impressed with the community response to this influx. I've been watching ns2 videos for a long time now, and have waited for this day even longer. I've seen a few posts wailing about us, but as in all things... bear with it, and in time it will become even greater.
    Thanks for your patience. :D
  • BluePhishBluePhish Join Date: 2003-12-14 Member: 24364Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I had so much fun with the greenies, much more teamwork than before
  • VolcanoVolcano Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112496Members, Constellation
    Wish I could say the same about our aussie greenies they don't bloody listen
  • kais_4kais_4 Join Date: 2012-08-31 Member: 157127Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I do a lot of training in my current job.. now I find myself training newbies in NS2 haha! love it :D It is a reasonably steep game in comparison to others. Give em time :)
  • SoruzSoruz Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 164885Members
    I'm an Aussie, and trust me mate... I've got plenty experience following orders. There will be no problems.
  • kais_4kais_4 Join Date: 2012-08-31 Member: 157127Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2002364:date=Oct 31 2012, 08:43 PM:name=Volcano)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Volcano @ Oct 31 2012, 08:43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2002364"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wish I could say the same about our aussie greenies they don't bloody listen<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I just had two aussie games where I comm'd. The new guys were all very keen to follow! I think once the penny drops that they don't get good stuff unless they help out.... :P
  • DoppleDopple Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11698Members
    Glad to see there are still some people to teach returning players like me.
  • azurescorchazurescorch Join Date: 2012-09-29 Member: 161030Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Just a thought but newbies might get lost in the commander UI. If you need something like an extractor dropping, it might be worth telling them the hotkeys if you have them memorized (Q then S for extractors I think, I rarely comm so I'm not completely sure myself to be honest). I know when I first jumped in the chair progress was impeded because I couldn't find things, or I'd out right forget to do something. Some times they just might need reminding what to do and how to do it.
  • Live_FeedLive_Feed Join Date: 2010-07-15 Member: 72419Members
    Also, it's absolutley refreshing to be playing with new players who are eager to learn things.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    <!--quoteo(post=2002292:date=Oct 31 2012, 10:23 AM:name=Swiftspear)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swiftspear @ Oct 31 2012, 10:23 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2002292"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Am I allowed to be mad if the comm isn't listening to teaching?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Sure you may, but...
    Here was what i did yesterday when i encountered a comm that didnt want to upgrade or anything, all he did was to place cysts, harvester and eggs.
    (He didnt take my advice or guidance) Ofcouse we lost.
    Next game i went comm, and i explained everything i did, while doing em, told em what i would do next, and what i wanted all the greenies to do.
    I did most of this in "All chat" so the other team, who was also "greenies", understood why the the marines had yetpacks, and i guided the alien comm from my command chair - At the end of the 1hour "learning match" i got extreamly good feedback from everyone. And they all learned the most important lesson of NS2: Communication is key. - Next game 2 new commanders jumped in, and armed whit this new knowledge, both the players and commanders had a blast of a 2nd game.
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2002534:date=Oct 31 2012, 02:03 PM:name=Live_Feed)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Live_Feed @ Oct 31 2012, 02:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2002534"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also, it's absolutley refreshing to be playing with new players who are eager to learn things.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Every match so far has been populated by new players who want to learn. It is awesome.

I usually end up commanding :P
  • shadershader Join Date: 2003-02-07 Member: 13247Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2002364:date=Oct 31 2012, 05:13 AM:name=Volcano)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Volcano @ Oct 31 2012, 05:13 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2002364"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wish I could say the same about our aussie greenies they don't bloody listen<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Really? I've had awesome ones. As long as you keep telling what to do, they follow orders perfectly. Pinging the map and using actual waypoints helps a lot, cos they don't know the maps.

I had one game on Refinery where we were totally doomed as aliens, then i selected a couple of guys and waypointed them through biting every RT and CC the marines had while they were preparing to finish us off.
  • HornbuckHornbuck Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 164825Members
    As someone who barely touched beta, I've really appreciated the helping hand and advice from veteran players over the past couple days as I got a little headstart on learning the systems. I consider myself quite capable of picking up new games quickly, but this one is quite the hill to climb due to the amount of things to do and the speed at which the game was being played in beta. At worst there would be one or two people complaining generally and not calling anyone out and at best you'd have a commander who would explain what and why they would want you to do something.

I was forced out of being green yesterday, but I still have a lot to learn. Keep up the good work because the more you help and create an inviting atmosphere the more people will play and get better faster.