community-made rules

QckoQcko Join Date: 2012-09-30 Member: 161141Members
edited October 2012 in Competitive Play
During Tourney banhammer thread occure idea of community-made rules. So lets try to work on it :) Here i have rewritten the guru tourney rules, i have deleted thinks that are important imo and add some new. Any sugestions are welcome, sorry if there are some spelling mistakes.

<b>1. Orgs and admins</b>
<i>a.</i> Tournament is organized by organizators (Orgs).
<i>b.</i> Orgs will select group of tournament administrators (admins) that will oversee games.
<i>c.</i> Admins will secure that games are played according to tournament rules and will judge breach of rules or contradictions.
<i> d.</i> Each admin's decision is final and will not be discussed during game. Team captain can make a notice of appeal to the Orgs after match.
<i>e.</i> Orgs will make dedicated steam group where all relevant issues will be discussed. All team captains will be invited to this group. It is compulsory for all admins and
at least one Org to be in this steam group chat during tournament.
<i>f.</i> All tournament information (shedule, brackets, rules, mappool and server list) will be send to captains at least 4 days before tournament.

<b>2. Servers</b>
<i>a.</i> Matches will be played on dedicated servers provided or approved by Orgs.
<i>b.</i> Server list can be expanded during tournament if some problems encounters with current servers.
<i>c.</i> If the tournament is announced as intercontinental, Orgs have to provide server on every continent included in this tourney.

<b>3. Teams</b>
<i>a.</i> Team captains have to send entire team roster with steam ID to Orgs before tournament begins.
<i>b.</i> Team players can be choosen only from this roster.
<i>c.</i> Playing team players can be swap only between live games.
<i>d.</i> if a team suffers a player drop during a live game, they may not substitute a new player replace the dropped player.
<i>e.</i> A dropped player may rejoin the game in progress.

<b>4. Gameplay</b>
<i>a.</i> If a team encounters a serious problem such as a player drop within the first 30 seconds of a game, team captain may call "Not live" or "NL" via ingame text chat.
<i>b.</i> Once a game has begun, no player may enter the Ready room until the game has concluded.
<i>c.</i> A game is termed "live" after the countdown timer is expended.

<b> 5. Logistics</b>
<i>a.</i> Team captains have to be in steam group chat at least 30 mins before theire match.
<i>b.</i> All players have to be in Ready room on server at least 15 minutes before theire match.
<i>c.</i> Admin have to be in Ready room on server at least 15 minutes before match.
<i>d.</i> Players will recieve at least 5 minutes break between matches (Including server change time).
<i>e.</i> Team captains may request extention of these 5 minutes after match on steam group chat.

<b>6. Game modification</b>
<i>a.</i> No player may use any "mod" of any kind, to NS2 lua script or otherwise, excepting modification to crosshairs.

<b>7. Spormantship</b>
<i>a.</i> No player may cheat.
<i>b.</i> No player may engage in un-sportmanlike behaviour of any kind at any time.
<i>c.</i> Under no circumstances may communications between players or admins be vulgar, sexual, expletive, racist, unsportsmanlike or otherwise inappropriate in context of an
audience of all ages and sensibilities.
<i>d.</i> If any player spams or otherwise inappropriate write in ingame text chat, team captain can request to stop than in ingame text chat. If this will not help admin will help.

<b>8. Round robin (RR)</b>
<i>a.</i> Each round in group stage will consist of 1 match.
Team will get points for every winned game.
First two teams from every group advances to semifinal round, where first teams will be playing against second teams.
<i>b.</i> Semifinal round will be played in a "best of three" format. That is the first team to win 2 games advances to the final round and the other team is eliminated.
Maps for group stage and semifinals will be choosen by Orgs before tournament.
<i>c.</i> Final round will be played in "best of five" format. That is the first team to win 3 games wins.
Round consists of at least 2 matches. First match one team captain choose map from mappool and side then in second match vice versa.
If round is not decided during these 2 matches admin will flip a coin. The team winning the coin toss may choose map from mappool and other team may then choose
sides.
Each map can be played just once during final round.

<b>9. Double elimination</b>
<i>a.</i> Each round, except final round, will be played in a "best of three" format. That is the first team to win 2 games advances and the other team goes to lower bracket, or is
eliminated if the round is in lower bracket already.
Map will be choosen by Orgs for every round before tournament.
<i>b.</i> Final round will be played in "best of five" format. That is the first team to win 3 games wins. If team advancing from lower bracket wins final round, a further final shall
be played, again in the "best of five" format.
Round consists of at least 2 matches. First match one team captain choose map from mappool and side then in second match vice versa.
If round is not decided during these 2 matches admin will flip a coin. The team winning the coin toss may choose map from mappool and the other team may then
choose sides.
Each map can be played just once during final round.

<b>10. Ping difference</b>
If teams are from different continents and the tournament is announced as intercontinental:
"RR group stage" format: Who plays marines, decides which server will be used.
"best of three" format: Who plays marines, decides which server will be used.
"best of five" format: Who choose map, decides which server will be used.

<b>11.Rule enforcement</b>
Any violation of or failure to comply with any tournament rule or admin's decision at any time by any player may in the most extreme cases result in the disqualification
and dismissal of that player or even whole team from this tournament and banning of that player or team from any future events organized by Orgs.

Comments

• TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    We can make up all the rules we want, the issue is getting the tournament organizers to recognize their rulesets are insufficient and their enforcement draconian.
  • salorsalor Join Date: 2004-02-21 Member: 26771Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2000096:date=Oct 29 2012, 02:50 PM:name=Techercizer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Techercizer @ Oct 29 2012, 02:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2000096"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We can make up all the rules we want, the issue is getting the tournament organizers to recognize their rulesets are insufficient and their enforcement draconian.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Stop being so negative.

You can post your concerns here, in detail. The community will discuss them, and the rules will be amended so we can all meet half way on something we can all somewhat agree on.
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    edited October 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2000384:date=Oct 29 2012, 08:15 PM:name=salor)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (salor @ Oct 29 2012, 08:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2000384"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Stop being so negative.

You can post your concerns here, in detail. The community will discuss them, and the rules will be amended so we can all meet half way on something we can all somewhat agree on.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That's what I'm doing. Unfortunately, instead of being constructive as you assume they will, some people are just telling me to stop being "negative".