Config File and Key Binding

kuruptkurupt Join Date: 2005-03-24 Member: 46347Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
So i'v been looking around the ns2 folder for the good old Config.cfg file which ns1 had tho in ns2 i see the config file but i don't see where all the key binding are for me to change my settings.
I Use Gamepad for my mouse which i need to bind the gamepad mouse +jump eg back in ns1 config binding was done by just entering
bind "key" "+Movement"
bing "key" "+jump" i only use mwheeldown +jump Spacebar i can't use with because my gamepad has many binding.

And so on and So on

So is there any where i can get into a config binding file to rechange binds to what my settings would be.
If so could you please point out what the config file name is and how to set it.

Thanks.........

Please delete topic once i have the answer i'm looking for thanks....

Comments

• KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    <!--quoteo(post=1999607:date=Oct 29 2012, 10:41 AM:name=kurupt)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kurupt @ Oct 29 2012, 10:41 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1999607"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So i'v been looking around the ns2 folder for the good old Config.cfg file which ns1 had tho in ns2 i see the config file but i don't see where all the key binding are for me to change my settings.
    I Use Gamepad for my mouse which i need to bind the gamepad mouse +jump eg back in ns1 config binding was done by just entering
    bind "key" "+Movement"
    bing "key" "+jump" i only use mwheeldown +jump Spacebar i can't use with because my gamepad has many binding.

And so on and So on

So is there any where i can get into a config binding file to rechange binds to what my settings would be.
    If so could you please point out what the config file name is and how to set it.

Thanks.........

Please delete topic once i have the answer i'm looking for thanks....<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sry, I can't help.

but

You play with a gamepad?!

Maybe you want to rephrase this part, I'm having a hard time understanding what you write:
    "I Use Gamepad for my mouse which i need to bind the gamepad mouse +jump eg back in ns1 config binding was done by just entering
    bind "key" "+Movement"
    bing "key" "+jump" i only use mwheeldown +jump Spacebar i can't use with because my gamepad has many binding."
  • WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
    Try, C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2\options.xml
  • kuruptkurupt Join Date: 2005-03-24 Member: 46347Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Sorry maybe i should have just said i would like to know how to bind my mouse wheel key to jump meaning mwheeldown + jump
  • kuruptkurupt Join Date: 2005-03-24 Member: 46347Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Hey thanks for the tip il give that a shot tho i don't think that will work i did that change in the past it still over rides the file
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    <!--quoteo(post=1999637:date=Oct 29 2012, 11:34 AM:name=kurupt)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kurupt @ Oct 29 2012, 11:34 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1999637"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hey thanks for the tip il give that a shot tho i don't think that will work i did that change in the past it still over rides the file<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If this is the problem maybe you have to set the file to "read only" (untick everything else in the file prperties).
    Awesome feedbacks thanks alot tho i'm finding it abit hard to locate that data app file which has all the key binds
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    Try this in your explorer: %appdata%\Natural Selection 2
  • DavilDavil Florida, USA Join Date: 2012-08-14 Member: 155602Members, Constellation
    Little off topic but since you're all talking about binds, anyone know what the command for shooting is? I tried a bunch of commands but nothing seems to work.
  • PheusPheus Join Date: 2003-01-30 Member: 12924Members
    I believe that change weapon is hardcoded to mousewheel (awful decision) so you cannot change it
  • VitdomVitdom Join Date: 2012-04-30 Member: 151345Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Yes, I think I heard that the engine does not currently support mousewheel bindings. (but will)
  • WalsaWalsa Join Date: 2011-06-28 Member: 106813Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I miss fsfod mod :( <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=113246" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=113246</a>. You could bind almost anything......
  • VeNeMVeNeM Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 928Members
    no idea why they are hardcoding so many keys, its seriously screwing with my keybinds every patch.
  • DarksterDarkster Join Date: 2010-02-17 Member: 70612Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Keybinds are located in the Steam Cloud file, which can be accessed via <steam directory>\userdata\<steam id>\4920\remote\options.xml from what I can tell.
  • SuperflySuperfly Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3485Members, Constellation
    I would be happy if you could manually edit the config file and override the com Hotkeys... I fired myself from com after voice-chat recycling half of our base...
  • CoTTonCoTTon Join Date: 2005-02-28 Member: 42773Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1999979:date=Oct 29 2012, 09:32 AM:name=Superfly)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Superfly @ Oct 29 2012, 09:32 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1999979"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would be happy if you could manually edit the config file and override the com Hotkeys... I fired myself from com after voice-chat recycling half of our base...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Haha. Same bro had to change some hotkeys around. Usually talk with V too
  • sirgalliumsirgallium Join Date: 2013-07-21 Member: 186245Members
    Vitdom wrote: »
    Yes, I think I heard that the engine does not currently support mousewheel bindings. (but will)

I hope it will. WIthout mouse3 as map, I have to use a keyboard key and I'm forced to sacrifice how well I move.
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    edited July 2013
    Am I the only person that has a "ConsoleBindings.json" in my appdata roaming folder? I think that would be the file you are looking for.

Console bindings are practically the same as the menu bindings just with no GUI to bind.

edit- saw date of thread, probably fine lol
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2013