Predict 224's Patch Notes

godriflegodrifle Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58815Members
I mean if you KNOW already what they're going to be, then post it up, but I'm still scratching my head on as to what they'll actually implement other than the removal of skulk dental braces.

Comments

• CamronCamron Join Date: 2011-01-06 Member: 76356Members
    <!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Changes<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
    <ul><li>Incremented build number by 1</li></ul>
  • godriflegodrifle Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58815Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1995911:date=Oct 24 2012, 03:43 AM:name=Camron)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Camron @ Oct 24 2012, 03:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1995911"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Changes<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
    <ul><li>Incremented build number by 1</li></ul><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

okay, stop being ridiculous, you know they can't put all that stuff in with the time they have left
  • Highlander92Highlander92 Join Date: 2012-10-13 Member: 162257Members
    I heard they added an insta win button for marines. could not resist troll :P Just wait until tomorrow dude. you will have the answers you seek.
  • CodeineCodeine Join Date: 2010-11-22 Member: 75155Members
    somehow nerf aliens again
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    <ul><li>turrets will be good again</li><li>lerk flight reverted to the nice rocking/swaying motion to gain faster cruising speed - like in alpha version</li><li>skulks can latch onto marines</li><li>flamethrower pushes away smaller aliens like a high pressure hose deals with driveway leaves</li><li>marines can create mine ladders</li><li>onos gets frontal boneshield</li></ul>

Oh wait thats my fantasy patch notes :)

well at least i think the turrets might make a come back though.
  • blinblin Join Date: 2011-07-20 Member: 111290Members
    here is already tomorrow

I am waiting for the patch, cause for past two weeks I couldnt play at all, empty servers..

off - topic

some Mr. Moore in NS2 mood:

Loneliness is your only friend.
    A broken heart that just won't mend
    is the price you pay.
    It's hard to take when game grows old.
    The days are long and the nights turn cold
    when it <i><b>fades</b></i> away.
    You hope that game will change its play,
    but the days drift on and on.
    You'll never know the reason why game's gone.
    You see game’s face in every crowd.
    You hear its voice, but you're still proud,
    so you turn away.
    You tell yourself that you'll be strong.
    But your heart tells you,
    this time you're wrong.
    You hope that game will change its play,
    but the days drift on and on.
    You'll never know the reason why game's gone.
    Empty servers,
    where we learn to live without skulk.
    Empty servers,
    where we learn to live without lerk.
    Empty servers,
    where we learn to live without fade.
    Empty servers,
    where we learn to live without gorge.
    Empty servers,
    where we learn to live without Onos.
    Empty servers,
    where we learn to live without love.
    Empty servers,
    where we learn to live without love.
    All alone in an empty server.
    Lonliness is your only friend, hooh.
    Oh, game's gone and you're at the end.
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    edited October 2012
    The only 3 things I know are going to be in it are:

Changes to Docking (Landing Pad res removed and vent added from Central Access. Invisible walls added to Landing Pad. New Pipe Structures added to Generator).

Bug fixes for hypermutation exploits (full hp on evolve, and feign death on egg)

Something about optimization changes that solve issues with players with a high ping getting performance issues?

Things i'm guessing/hoping for to be in the build:

Alien bite buff to make it easier to hit with (only slightly easier, doesn't need to revert completely back to the way it was, but somewhere in between 223 and 222).

Adrenaline change to be more like 150% capacity, 150% energy regeneration (or something similar, like
    that post on the forums suggested)

Slight fade buff

Changes to other maps

More bug fixes

More performance changes

ns2_refinery (I said "hoping" didn't I?)
  • statikgstatikg Join Date: 2012-09-19 Member: 159978Members
    Alien Bite more accurate
    Glancing bite added 50 and 25 range

Collision models improved

Marine knockback removed

Lerk spike buff

turrets improved

phase gate tech price increased by 5

Docking improved vents, generator hive, landing pad rt removed

Veil rts changed somehow

Mineshaft Cave hive layout changed

---What I would like to see but doubt it---

Shotgun nerf - increased bullet spread at medium and long range
    -I think indirectly this would buff fades quite a bit more

Arc Range increase
  • DavilDavil Florida, USA Join Date: 2012-08-14 Member: 155602Members, Constellation
    Increased amount of skulk kills via faceroll
  • KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    <!--coloro:#FFC0CB--><span style="color:#FFC0CB"><!--/coloro-->
    <b>Aliens</b>
    - Reduced base skulk speed to 6
    - Reduced egg health by 50%
    - Reduced egg spawn rate by 30%
    - Increased drifter health and damage by 20%, reduced res cost
    - Reduced parasite duration by 5 seconds
    - Parasite now shows additional information about the marine including blood type, marital status, phone number, facebook, bank details, social security number, and colour of their underwear

<b>Marines</b>
    - Marine sprint speed increased by 20%
    - Decreased rifle spread slightly
    - Shotgun pellet spread increased slightly
    - Added new sound filters to exosuit voice to make it even harder to comprehend
    - Marines now automatically inform the commander when reloading or when they need to answer a call of nature
    - Fixed a bug where marines could sometimes lose a match
    <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1995964:date=Oct 24 2012, 08:34 AM:name=Kallistrate)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kallistrate @ Oct 24 2012, 08:34 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1995964"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--coloro:#FFC0CB--><span style="color:#FFC0CB"><!--/coloro-->- Increased drifter health and damage by 20%, reduced res cost
    - Fixed a bug where marines could sometimes lose a match
    <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The contradiction!
  • KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    <!--coloro:#FFC0CB--><span style="color:#FFC0CB"><!--/coloro-->Fixed in the same way they fixed power nodes. :P<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    - Fade shadowstep only forward and backwards (single dimension, two dimensions down from 3 was too complex)
    - Marine jump cooldown decreased, air bounce increased by 30%
    - Skulk speed decreased by 30%
    - Leap moved to 3rd hive (want to see more spores)
    - Increased commander-dropped eggs cost to 150% of p.res cost
    /sarcasm

Just wait until tomorrow. It's one more day :-)
  • Sharp-ShooterSharp-Shooter Join Date: 2011-05-11 Member: 98364Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1995969:date=Oct 24 2012, 02:42 AM:name=HeatSurge)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HeatSurge @ Oct 24 2012, 02:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1995969"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->- Fade shadowstep only forward and backwards (single dimension, two dimensions down from 3 was too complex)
    - Marine jump cooldown decreased, air bounce increased by 30%
    - Skulk speed decreased by 30%
    - Increased commander-dropped eggs cost to 150% of p.res cost
    /sarcasm

Just wait until tomorrow. It's one more day :-)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Best one yet because it has happened before

"reduce arms lab cost with research to promote dual arms lab for faster upgrades that marines need to be OP"
  • MorshuMorshu Join Date: 2012-08-13 Member: 155539Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2012
    Honestly I hope that the aliens are gonna get buffed this time around like someone did hint that upgrade alien structures wouldn't be a 'total loss' when destroyed or atleast that was how I understood it.

Also I'm hoping we get to see what steve (dev) was working on which Arnie (actor) would say "Get ready for the big surprise!" I think either it's dynamic infestation, babblers OR something that's as good as the latter. (maybe a new structure for gorgies)

I miss 'regular walljump' too but I guess the current one we have is as good as it gets... for now.

Lastly marines could use some 'nerfs' alright such as no rifle bash, nerf PG's hell even remove sprint while we're at it.

so anyway here's the list of dreams:

Balance:
    - Removed rifle bash ability.
    - Increased research cost and build cost by 5 Tres.
    - Removed sprint (but have increased movement speed very slightly to compensate for this)
    - Made spores deployed like Umbra.
    - Celerity does not cancel anymore when using bilebomb, poison spores, umbra and vortex.
    - Removed feint/feign death and added redemption.
    - Tuned sentry guns so they actually put a little suppression on aliens chewing on PG's and what not.
    - Removed the rocket jetpack feet whatever on the EXO-suit (just looked silly)
    - Tweaked alien egg spawning and slightly increased HP
    - You now gain resources while being dead

Features:
    - Added Babblers (no babbler king though!)
    - Added Dynamic infestation
    - Added Refinery map
  • shadershader Join Date: 2003-02-07 Member: 13247Members
    Looks like I sucessfully predicted one performance related item <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=122118" target="_blank">here</a>

Also hopefully it will include the cool new Insight stuff we saw in the tourney on the weekend (graphs!).
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1995988:date=Oct 24 2012, 09:19 AM:name=shader)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shader @ Oct 24 2012, 09:19 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1995988"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Looks like I sucessfully predicted one performance related item <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=122118" target="_blank">here</a>

Also hopefully it will include the cool new Insight stuff we saw in the tourney on the weekend (graphs!).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They have already advised insight update is a mod and will not be released until after 1.0 as NS2 is in feature lockdown.
  • shadershader Join Date: 2003-02-07 Member: 13247Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1996001:date=Oct 24 2012, 04:16 AM:name=Soul_Rider)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Soul_Rider @ Oct 24 2012, 04:16 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1996001"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They have already advised insight update is a mod and will not be released until after 1.0 as NS2 is in feature lockdown.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

:(

As long as the tourneys use the mod, then we're all good, I guess.
  • ToothyToothy ir-regard-less Join Date: 2003-02-12 Member: 13447Members, Constellation
    it's funny because it's true
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    All these 224 threads are making my head spin.
  • extolloextollo Ping Blip Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72457Members
    Kallistrate - you should take a victory lap. i lol'd
  • VeNeMVeNeM Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 928Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1995909:date=Oct 23 2012, 10:34 PM:name=godrifle)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (godrifle @ Oct 23 2012, 10:34 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1995909"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I mean if you KNOW already what they're going to be, then post it up, but I'm still scratching my head on as to what they'll actually implement other than the removal of skulk dental braces.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    build 224:

remove - gorge
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Removed Fade Swipe - Want to see shadowstep used more
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    FPS element removed, everyone is now a commander!
  • BVKnightBVKnight Join Date: 2012-02-26 Member: 147496Members
    -Reduced skulk hp by 50%, to encourage teamwork.
  • tk-421tk-421 Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58315Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <ul><li>Added rideable mount "Hughnicorns".</li></ul>
  • SplicerSplicer Join Date: 2012-04-23 Member: 150952Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1996056:date=Oct 24 2012, 05:20 AM:name=VeNeM)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (VeNeM @ Oct 24 2012, 05:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1996056"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->build 224:

remove - gorge<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Build 225:

additional balance - aliens now start with negative-one gorges
  • CodeCowboyCodeCowboy Join Date: 2012-09-21 Member: 160235Members
    <!--coloro:#ADD8E6--><span style="color:#ADD8E6"><!--/coloro-->1. Skulk bite. Glancing bite?
    2. Knock back vs marines... ie "give the nice man another chance to shoot me while I have to close on him again" removed.
    3. Big-'ole pipes in the generator room thus not making it impossible to defend.
    4. Network code improvements or "improvements" (only time will tell)
    5. Server code improvements.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    Made crevice pretty
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    <!--quoteo(post=1996057:date=Oct 24 2012, 06:23 AM:name=Mendasp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mendasp @ Oct 24 2012, 06:23 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1996057"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Removed Fade Swipe - Want to see shadowstep used more<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I lol'd.