Natural Selection 2 News Update - Logitech Beta Tournament

2»

Comments

• DeadzoneDeadzone Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17911Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hell yeah, major corporate sponsors for tournaments? With awesome prize support? Awesomesauce.
  • Raza.Raza. Join Date: 2004-01-24 Member: 25663Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1989880:date=Oct 11 2012, 11:19 PM:name=Deadzone)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Deadzone @ Oct 11 2012, 11:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1989880"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hell yeah, major corporate sponsors for tournaments? With awesome prize support? Awesomesauce.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Awesome indeed, although I don't understand why they couldn't wait until after release with the big tournaments.
    Ok, I do understand, it's for marketing, but the quality of the matches would be higher if the versions didn't change every week.
    And 3 big tournaments in 5 weeks is pushing it, considering there are like 10 active clans.
  • bLink`bLink` Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146506Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Let's get the bracket out. 6 days til tourny. Any updates?
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Blink, I have strongly considered have it be an 8 team only tourney with the top 6 seeds from the previous week already having a spot. I will have an answer Monday. And there is a big announcement on Tuesday that you should stay tuned for.... Launch is only a couple weeks away!

I can tell you, same rules apply as they did this weekend. It will be Double Elim, but it will Be Saturday and Final on Sunday.
  • TrCTrC Join Date: 2008-11-30 Member: 65612Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1989908:date=Oct 12 2012, 01:25 AM:name=Raza.)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Raza. @ Oct 12 2012, 01:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1989908"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Awesome indeed, although I don't understand why they couldn't wait until after release with the big tournaments.
    Ok, I do understand, it's for marketing, but the quality of the matches would be higher if the versions didn't change every week.
    And 3 big tournaments in 5 weeks is pushing it, considering there are like 10 active clans.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If they did not, there would be 1 and half active clans, which would not give very good impression.
  • ScrajmScrajm Join Date: 2011-10-17 Member: 127859Members
    I like tournies each weekend! Keep em coming!

But to wasabi and ns2hd: If you keep forcing me to play like 0200 im gonna get evicted. Do you want me beeing homeless? Really?!
    Is there any possibity that we can make sure euros dont have to play after midnight? Its really starting to take a toll on my neighboors :(
  • bLink`bLink` Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146506Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    If there's enough teams for both NA & EU, there should be a separate tourny. So the time schedule shouldn't be a problem.
    I dont necessarily agree. Just make sure you divide it into two days, and make sure you start in reasonable time, like 1800CET. That gives 6 hours on saturday until midnight, and then have the rest on sunday.
    Sooooo... what big announcement was made? Did I miss something?

When will brackets be out?

When will we know when we play?