Natural Selection 2 News Update - Natural Selection 2 Release Date

Comments

• Petros IchorPetros Ichor Join Date: 2005-07-14 Member: 55917Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ya know, when I pre-ordered way back and saw the stage of development, I knew it would be the 10 year. Seemed so fitting. Congrats to everyone on the team and in the community. The amount of patience and faith in UWE is simply unbelievable. I can't think of a single community that has endured so much and been rewarded so greatly.

I demand to know when and where the release party is! Along with waiting for the game, I have been waiting to see Flayra at the end of a celebratory bottle!
  • ShiftShift Join Date: 2004-10-14 Member: 32259Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1988902:date=Oct 9 2012, 03:53 PM:name=ZycaR)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZycaR @ Oct 9 2012, 03:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1988902"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--sizeo:7--><span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->10 years of NS1 is over...
    10 years of NS2 begins!!!<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Already Looking forward to NS3 on Oct 31 2022! :D
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1988945:date=Oct 10 2012, 06:41 AM:name=Mestaritonttu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mestaritonttu @ Oct 10 2012, 06:41 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1988945"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Oh God. The release trailer.

THE RELEASE TRAILER. Guys, I'm not kidding, it HAS to be awesome. You HAVE TO make an awesome one. It has to tell what the game is about and end up with LOADS of thrill. Is important. So few a games get it right. Aaaah!

EDIT: The release date video is pretty encouraging. Like the ominous stuff. YOU CAN DO IT CORY!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

As I post this Cory is recording scene after scene of epic shizzle :D
  • RuByRuBy Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10732Members
    Congratulations! So glad you could nail that incredible landmark date.

Hard to believe that I've been part of the community that long. Thank you!
  • r0@rr0@r Join Date: 2012-09-23 Member: 160490Members
    Big respect to the UWE crew. You are doing an awesome job!
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
    *claps hands*

As someone thats been around since day one of 1.04, i'm amazed it reached this point.
  • SaschaSascha Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72444Members
    Congratulations UNKNOWNWORLDS! Time to buy few copys more. :)
  • kais_4kais_4 Join Date: 2012-08-31 Member: 157127Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Loved the live stream! :D Subtle revealing of the release date btw haha!

and Babblers!!!!! <3
  • XeliosXelios Join Date: 2012-10-09 Member: 161946Members
    Make the trailer as bad ass as possible :p I want this game to be the top played game on steam and it will be! Make the trailer like your exosuit reveal trailer like in the start where it looks animated with the Onos killing the marines. Then you have that awesome music start playing the whole video. Make sure to show all the awesome things about the game like the power going out, exosuits, onos, infestation! Try not to show too much commander gameplay because that's pretty boring you want to grab people and make them WANT to play it and buy it NOW.
  • goblingoblin Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31412Members
    congrats, you deserve it!
  • SevenOfMineSevenOfMine Join Date: 2009-06-21 Member: 67892Members
    edited October 2012
    Holy god damn ######... At some point I stopped counting the years, but the wait itself is what rewards the most the day the game is finally out.

Big thanks to you!
  • Dank McShwaggerDank McShwagger Join Date: 2009-06-10 Member: 67784Members
    congratulations UWE!
  • internetexplorerinternetexplorer Join Date: 2011-10-13 Member: 127255Members
    Get framerates up across the board, because it matters more than everything else.
    "Bad help system for newbies" will be a footnote in a review, compared to "I tried to play it but it was running at 40 fps on my brand new system"

Good luck!
  • PeacefulwarriorPeacefulwarrior Join Date: 2012-09-09 Member: 158825Members
    I wish to congratulate the UWE, thank you for a release date. On the 31st, i will not be eating candy, i will close my blinds, shut the door, and play all night long.
    See you all on the battlefield >:D
  • HappyFlappsHappyFlapps Join Date: 2011-12-01 Member: 136087Members
    Due to technical difficulties, the release date will be postponed until Feb. 15, 2013.

JUST TROLLIN!!!

: )

Seriously though - I downloaded and played NS1 on Halloween ten years ago and was amazed at how FUN it was. NS2 is even more fun (and way better looking!) My compliments to Charlie and crew for sticking to their guns and making this dream a reality.

Happy Halloween - ROAR!!
  • StarkwindStarkwind Join Date: 2011-07-26 Member: 112394Members
    Congratulations Guys
  • HeymanHeyman Join Date: 2005-03-29 Member: 46895Members
    As expected. Good luck as usual. This will mark an end of an era.
  • KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    <!--coloro:#FFC0CB--><span style="color:#FFC0CB"><!--/coloro-->We all knew it would be on the 10th anniversary, but it's nice to see it confirmed at last. Also, maybe you should make a special video on NS2HD featuring gameplay of NS1 with some of the oldschool teams? I think it'd be a great tribute, and you could show all the new players what this is all about!

<i>From humble beginnings, ten years of evolution...</i><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • Evil_SheepEvil_Sheep Join Date: 2005-03-15 Member: 45345Members
    Wow, Duke Nukem, Black Mesa Source, and now this. Pretty soon scientists in hell are gonna start warning about global freezing over.
  • ArcadianArcadian Join Date: 2008-11-30 Member: 65617Members
    Are you going to increase the cost of the game when it's released? I think you should. It'll get more publicity after it's released; there's only a finite amount of gamers who are going to buy your product whether it's $25 or $30 dollars. It adds incentive to pre-purchase. You've made an excellent game that is worthy of comparison to EA shooters or sports game which sell for $60 dollars every time it's sold. I think you're selling too cheaply. If not, just ignore what I've written. Congrats on the fixed released date.
  • SataniacSataniac Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158862Members
    This is so awesome, Gongrats UWE, You've earned it!

I've been following the development for over two months now. Watched almost every stream and everything on youtube that has Ns2 in it.

Can't wait 'till i can play this, i'm so pumped! :D

Once again, Congratulations UWE! <3
  • puzlpuzl The Old Firm Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14029Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Was that 10 years ago... oh my....

congrats guys, looking forward to the release.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hope collision is fixed before release, playing Mario with the aliens is pretty infuriating, when no space key is even involved.
  • DJPenguinDJPenguin Useless Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18538Members
    I expect UWE to hand out CD's of NS2 to kids this year.
  • @Korpisoturi@@Korpisoturi@ Join Date: 2010-07-17 Member: 72509Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    It's nice to see the game finally being released to public.

Hope build 222 puts turrets in use somehow.
    Also I think there is not enough maps in this game:
    docking, summit, veil, tram, mineshaft... we want more! :)
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2012
    Will never forget the day I took the punt and clicked on the "special edition" buy button before any code had been written.

Id loved NS1 and felt bad for never buying the constellation badge and figured this would be a good way to pay you back for all the hours of NS1.

400+ hrs of Alpha and Beta play on NS2 later and I cant say enough good things about it. Its kept me off Warcraft, so it must be good!

Thanks for delivering one of my favorite games of all times and I hope UWE can make more fantastic games in the future.

Whoop! x

ps. hope the black armour adopters get a mention somewhere heehee x
  • a8085a8085 Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9775Members, Constellation
    Excellent news!
    So is it going to be released on 0:00 GMT?
  • kingmobkingmob Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3650Members, Constellation
  • DamDSxDamDSx Join Date: 2004-08-10 Member: 30506Members
    This is awesome really, congratulations!

Althogh now I am constantly, constantly, thinking about NS2 and release. I was doing fine thinking it would release "sometime in october" but now that there is a set date, Im going nuts, the days dont go by fast enough man!
  • zoktarzoktar Join Date: 2012-10-10 Member: 161992Members
    Looks great, please get cracking on the linux version, so i can give you my money!.