Bought before Steam release, am I in the beta?

MogashiMogashi Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159594Members
Hello!

I bought this via the NS2 site at September 8, I know this is just before it entered Steam.
Does this mean I have access to the beta?

Also I saw in some post that people who bought this game early paid $40 or something like that, I paid $25.
Do I miss out on something? Not that I really care, but I saw you get the Deluxe version on Steam, is that what I bought too?

Anyways, the little I've seen of this game is looking really good and there was no question about buying it.

And a big congrats to the devs, I feel this game is going to be really successful even without having tried it out!
Keep up the good work! :)

Comments

• BitcrusherBitcrusher Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156628Members
    edited September 2012
    Did you get a steam key via humble bundle? I think it says pre-order if you don't have beta access. For me I just says natural selection 2 on my steam games list. The price was 35 before it hit steam.
  • MogashiMogashi Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159594Members
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1978488:date=Sep 16 2012, 04:53 PM:name=Bitcrusher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bitcrusher @ Sep 16 2012, 04:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1978488"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Did you get a steam key via humble bundle? I think it says pre-order if you don't have beta access. For me I just says natural selection 2 on my steam games list. The price was 35 before it hit on steam.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah, I got a Steam key from Humble Bundle. Aww too bad then, but hey, at least I got something nice to wait for. :)
    And who knows, maybe there will be another way to enter the beta in the near future!

Thanks for your answer!

EDIT: And yes, mine says "Natural Selection II Pre-order" on Steam, which means I'm not in the beta then.

So, good thing to know for other people with the same question.
    <b>If your game is named "Natural Selection II Pre-order" in Steam, <u>YOU ARE NOT IN THE BETA</u>.</b>
  • phoenixbbsphoenixbbs Join Date: 2003-02-10 Member: 13379Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    Looking forward to having a few rounds with you when it comes out - it won't be long now, and any of us with black armour will be happy to help with any questions you might have :-)