Bug: near invicibility

TeabeardTeabeard Join Date: 2012-09-27 Member: 160867Members
edited October 2012 in Technical Support
Just came off a server where after feign death I survived for several minutes while first running round biting then standing still while getting flamed/gl/shot by 5 or so marines. Seems like a bug to me as I don't think they were that bad at shooting!

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Could you reproduce this and perhaps slap a video on here?
  • TeabeardTeabeard Join Date: 2012-09-27 Member: 160867Members
    Unfortunately I'm not sure how I did it, all I did was try and start jumping/moving as soon as possible after feigning... I'll try and see if I can though.
  • N4kame0N4kame0 Join Date: 2009-10-16 Member: 69061Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2012
    I can second this bug, was actually logging on to the forums just for that reason.
    This has happened to me on 3 occasions.

Thread starter might be able to confirm my suspicions.
    But the following conditions seam to have been in place.
    - Skulk
    - Faint death
    - Large amounts of players
    - Flamers
    - Low framerate (cause of huge fights)

Now what I think is the main cause is the low health on the skulks combined with faint death and flamers.
    Since last patch the "on fire" effect have increased dmg, so when i get in faint death the fire effect is still on me.
    This brings me (low-hp skulk) down to 1hp and for some reason after the faint death it seams like Iam invincible.

This bug lasted a various amont of time each time and I think it had something to do with the framerate dropping, since when the frames got normal again the effect would stop as I recall it.

This is kind of a big gamebreaker.
    However the bug is quite hard to reproduce since it require many specific things.
    Love the team and their work keep it up, can't wait for 1.0 <3

*edit*
    Also i did probably continuously attack. (but I think that the bug lasted even when i stopped)
    And the thread topic should be changed to invincibility. (impervious to attacks instead of not being seen)(know it's just a typo)