Mouse freezing since the last update

ProfessorFooProfessorFoo Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69545Members
Since the latest update came out my mouse has been freezing every once in a while for a second or two. The buttons also stop working on it during that time. It seems to happen a lot during larger fights and when I'm a skulk or something that has to turn a lot. It has kind of been leading to me getting slaughtered a lot so I'm hoping someone knows how to fix this.

I have tried switching usb ports, rebooting, and turning acceleration off and on. My mouse is a Logitech G5 and my computer is running Vista 64 with an Intel Q6600 (3.0 ghz), an Nvidia gtx 470, and 4 gb of ram. I haven't noticed this happening in any other games (although the only other shooter I've really been playing is the new Counter Strike). Performance overall is ok but not great (it gets pretty choppy in big fights).

Any ideas?

Comments

• ProfessorFooProfessorFoo Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69545Members
    edited September 2012
    I just tried playing it after the latest patch (220) and it's at least 5 times worse now. I can barely play aliens. Almost every fight ends with me WASDing around on the ground facing the same direction and getting shot in the back while I can't even attack. Does anyone have any ideas?

edit: I have tried a different mouse (mx518 I think) and I just updated to the latest drivers for my video card. For a minute I thought the problem was fixed but no, it's still terrible.
  • r00tr00t Join Date: 2002-12-19 Member: 11173Members
    New mouse definitely helped me
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=121029&hl=mouse" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...29&hl=mouse</a>
    It didn't seem release-dependent for me.
  • BigMadSteveBigMadSteve Join Date: 2003-02-12 Member: 13472Members
    I've been getting the same issue; it doesn't affect other applications. When I was affected by the mouse lag, I would hear the Windows 7 sound to indicate a device had been disconnected and reconnected. I'm using a KVM switch so I disconnected that and plugged directly into the machine. That seemed to resolve the issue for me :)