Detailed Stats/ GPU bottleneck?

2»

Comments

• CrusherCrusher Join Date: 2012-08-21 Member: 156083Members
    I didn't know that I can check if I'm limited by my gpu by looking at r_stats, well now I know.

I have ATI Radeon HD 4850, 256 bit
    Memory size 1024 mb
    gddr3
    core clock 625 mhz (can put it to 700mhz)
    memory clock 993 mhz (can boost it to 1200mhz)

I know nowadays it's obviously not the best card out there, but it serves me extremely well and can play any game without any problems.
    I just joined an empty server and ran around the map as a marine.
    I get ~ 30 - 40fps.
    ~12ms waiting for GPU

I have everything on low / turned off (except multicore rendering and texture streaming). Resolution 1776 x 1000, fullscreen windowed).
    So since I'm limited by my gpu, I just don't get how can people even be playing on medium resolutions etc.. . (because I don't consider my card to be a bad card - unless I'm wrong..) Or even how can anyone run the game on the "minimum required" cards to play the game.
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2012
    The 4850 is a >4 year old mid-high class card. 4 years is a pretty normal "life expectancy" for a GPU. The reason why it still seems to hold up pretty well is probably that most games are developed for consoles (which have even worse hardware) first. I had the same card until recently and it did start to struggle with modern games, as I would expect.

I agree that the minimum specs are too low, though you also have to keep in mind this is meant as the target for release, not current performance.
  • LudiKalellLudiKalell Join Date: 2003-12-14 Member: 24376Members
    edited September 2012
    ><((((º> My res was in my first post.

Ok, so, if anyone from the officials steps by and knows anything about the problems in this thread, that would be awesome. Of course I know it's low prio, so I don't expect anything. Thanks!