Natural Selection 2 News Update - Natural Selection 2 on Steam

Comments

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Join Date: 2002-12-02 Member: 10378Members
    Wow just saw the e-mail(lol havnt checked my e-mail in a while) very nice announcement! I pre-ordered the game way back, how do I upgrade to the deluxe edition for free? Or did that happen automatically?
  • STARSBarrySTARSBarry Join Date: 2009-06-03 Member: 67671Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    saw this pop up on steam... INSTANT BUY I mean holy crap I tottaly forgot about this game... and who can blaim me I thought it was vapor ware mod like sven coop source... but man here it is a full fledged game.... slammed my money down and got it along with that dino game (looks lulz) and xcom (its Xcom i mean COMON!) looking forward to launch I know il be playing this for a good 6 months - whenever just need to convince my mates about how awsome it is, and failing that 4 pack em anyway.
  • barrybbarryb Join Date: 2005-01-10 Member: 34677Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    Excellent work guys. Even the updates since I last played the beta are without a doubt awesome.

Loved the original, so glad I invested in this new version and to see your hard work has paid off!
  • countbasiecountbasie Join Date: 2008-12-27 Member: 65884Members
    Good god, it was absolutely clear back then that the only advantages of the special edition were
    1. Black Armor
    (2. support UWE a little more)
    There was never any word on more than that. And it's cool this way. It was <i>our</i> choice.
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    How do I even know what armor my marine is wearing?
  • OpaOpa Join Date: 2012-09-08 Member: 158555Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thanks ! You are awesome :D
  • countbasiecountbasie Join Date: 2008-12-27 Member: 65884Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1974008:date=Sep 8 2012, 01:37 PM:name=SentrySteve)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SentrySteve @ Sep 8 2012, 01:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1974008"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How do I even know what armor my marine is wearing?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Make a local server, go marine side, type 'cheats 1' into console, type 'thirdperson' into console. without quotes.
  • ZeldoriZeldori Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157926Members
    This is all sorts of epicness!!! yall rock! I'm get my friend addicted to this game like me, glad to be part of this!
  • saltybp53saltybp53 Join Date: 2010-07-22 Member: 72675Members
    I remember I bought the ns2 alpha for the "eternal gratitude".

Looks like you guys didn't lie when you said you would never forget us.
  • reportedreported Join Date: 2012-06-17 Member: 153349Members
    Should gifts be coming today or later?
  • NasderoNasdero Join Date: 2008-11-11 Member: 65423Members
    really awesome!!! BUT NOW ITS UP TO US!! SPREAD THE WORD AND I HOPE THERE WILL BE A LOT OF NS2 Reviews AFTER OCTOBER!!!

IGN Gametrailers all of them should make a review this would really boost the number of players! i hope UWE gets a bunch of $$$$ out of this!!

SO SPREAD THE WORD THOSE PEOPLE AND THIS GAME DESERVE NOTHING LESS!!!!
  • pvthochpvthoch Join Date: 2012-03-28 Member: 149528Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1975074:date=Sep 10 2012, 09:55 AM:name=Nasdero)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nasdero @ Sep 10 2012, 09:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1975074"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->really awesome!!! BUT NOW ITS UP TO US!! SPREAD THE WORD AND I HOPE THERE WILL BE A LOT OF NS2 Reviews AFTER OCTOBER!!!

IGN Gametrailers all of them should make a review this would really boost the number of players! i hope UWE gets a bunch of $$$$ out of this!!

SO SPREAD THE WORD THOSE PEOPLE AND THIS GAME DESERVE NOTHING LESS!!!!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

you dont want IGNorant to do a review of ns2
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1975078:date=Sep 10 2012, 10:59 AM:name=pvthoch)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pvthoch @ Sep 10 2012, 10:59 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1975078"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->you dont want IGNorant to do a review of ns2<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

As long as its positive, who do we care?
  • SoH-BetaSwordSoH-BetaSword Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158936Members
    edited September 2012
    Edited:
    nvm, well, Awesome News, hearing that I'll get an extra-Copy to gift it away.
    Well, I'm wondering whether the Gift-Version will emerge within my Steam-Inventory, or on my eMail-Account, used to purchase it via PayPal on May4th.

By the way: I've managed to get one of my friends interested, maybe he'll buy it on steam too.

And now I'll have to think over, who to gift the extra Standard-Version.

And about the Exos: AWESOME, managed to take out an rather unprotected Hive(only 3 Aliens were there, needed the Bot-Suppoert to weld me after punch-shooting a seemingly surprised Fade, but after some time, i think an Skulk bitten me to death from an dead angle.

And finally, the Exosuit provides a better solution against the most-of-the-time-imba Onos, than the HeavyArmor did in NS1(getting devoured is kinda nasty).
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    I bet it will be tweeted when Valve and UWE have sorted things out. Hang tight, it'll come.
  • zeepzeep Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3367Members
    Just bought my friend a copy, but silly me i thought we could play together right away. :(

If you buy NS2 now you don't get beta access?
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    <!--quoteo(post=1975192:date=Sep 10 2012, 02:29 PM:name=zeep)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zeep @ Sep 10 2012, 02:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1975192"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Just bought my friend a copy, but silly me i thought we could play together right away. :(

If you buy NS2 now you don't get beta access?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Nope, you'll have to wait a few weeks for the release.
  • SoH-BetaSwordSoH-BetaSword Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158936Members
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1975193:date=Sep 10 2012, 10:30 PM:name=rantology)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rantology @ Sep 10 2012, 10:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1975193"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Nope, you'll have to wait a few weeks for the release.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Thought similar.
    The first thing, that rushed into my mind was:
    OK, now that I get an extra Copy, I'll gift it a friend of mine and we could play together in the Beta.

Well, now I know better(= no Beta-Access for Steam-Preorders), and I'm really looking forward to the release.

But still, one thing, that I hope that it might get implemented, would be the Dynamic Infestation like in the first Video(When it was still under the Source-Engine), that was simply awesome!

But hey, it got narrowed down to the Release-Month, that and the Steam-Preorder-Page are quite some Milestones that I like.
  • adzadz Join Date: 2009-10-09 Member: 69000Members
    Awesome news, bought it right away!
  • mwpeckmwpeck Join Date: 2006-09-18 Member: 58022Members
    First off, thank you NS2 team for the generous free copy and deluxe upgrade.

No steam gift yet (that can wait), but more interestingly I never received any emails regarding this. Is that normal? I definitely did pre-order ages ago (even have the email with my Steam Access codes still) and got the black armor and all, and have gotten emails in the past, but no email as of yet about this deluxe upgrade and coming gift copy of the game.
  • SpidernumerounoSpidernumerouno Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14810Members
    Do you only get a free gift-able copy when you bought the game on steam? Or do you get one also when you pre-ordered it in 2010 and got the steam key mailed?
  • TrCTrC Join Date: 2008-11-30 Member: 65612Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1977876:date=Sep 15 2012, 01:39 AM:name=Spidernumerouno)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Spidernumerouno @ Sep 15 2012, 01:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1977876"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Do you only get a free gift-able copy when you bought the game on steam? Or do you get one also when you pre-ordered it in 2010 and got the steam key mailed?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If you bought it from naturalselection2.com prior sep 4 you get free copy, apparently theres confusion though and people with steam pre-orders have gotten few free copys aswell.
  • SpidernumerounoSpidernumerouno Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14810Members
    Thank you for your answer. I'll wait until it pops up in my inventory to make my cousin happy.
  • CthulhuCthulhu Join Date: 2012-09-14 Member: 159368Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    okay, so I'm probably going to sound stupid, but how will I get the other stuff for the deluxe edition? I've gotten the free copy, which is really awesome and I'm going to go indoctrinate my friends now, but where is the other stuff, like the soundtrack and art book? I'm guessing they're coming later but I'd just like to know if someone else has any idea.
  • chrismu1chrismu1 Join Date: 2005-07-17 Member: 56153Members
    I bought my copy during the alpha and i have yet to see the free copy or the upgrade to my copy. Love the game and it has come a long way since the alpha, but still waiting.
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1977975:date=Sep 15 2012, 01:19 PM:name=Cthulhu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cthulhu @ Sep 15 2012, 01:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1977975"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->okay, so I'm probably going to sound stupid, but how will I get the other stuff for the deluxe edition? I've gotten the free copy, which is really awesome and I'm going to go indoctrinate my friends now, but where is the other stuff, like the soundtrack and art book? I'm guessing they're coming later but I'd just like to know if someone else has any idea.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=1978611:date=Sep 17 2012, 06:06 AM:name=chrismu1)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chrismu1 @ Sep 17 2012, 06:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1978611"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I bought my copy during the alpha and i have yet to see the free copy or the upgrade to my copy. Love the game and it has come a long way since the alpha, but still waiting.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<a href="http://store.steampowered.com/app/4920" target="_blank">http://store.steampowered.com/app/4920</a>
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Available: October 2012<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited September 2012
    They're just taking their time with giving out the free copies, be patient. Not like your friends could already play with the copy anyway, it doesn't grant beta access.
    AFAIK they're also still working on some of the deluxe edition goodies, like the artbook. I wouldn't expect it before release.
  • DekesDekes Join Date: 2012-09-19 Member: 160009Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think I made a mistake here. I did get the gift in my inventory but I thought its the actual game and it allows me to assign to my account. So now I'm seeing two Natural Selection 2. One said Natural Selection 2 and the other said Natural Selection II Pre-Order.
  • SolidNLSolidNL Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33563Members, Constellation
    Hmmm i have yet to recieve the free ns 2 gift.

The weird thing is, i ordered the game back in 2009 when there was not much of a game to speak of.

Now a friend of mine who got the game like 1 month ago was telling me yesterday he gave his free copy another friend of ours and asked who i gave it to..
    Yeah i was sitting there going.... uuuuuh.
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    edited September 2012