Weird graphic on my screen

TherealsmokeyTherealsmokey Join Date: 2007-09-18 Member: 62353Members
Sometimes, when I try to evolve, this orange orb will appear on the center of my screen and will not go away until I restart NS2. It is about 3 or 4 inches in diameter and has 3 little black circles about 3/4 inch in diameter at the bottom half of the orb. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it?

Comments

• GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
  • TherealsmokeyTherealsmokey Join Date: 2007-09-18 Member: 62353Members
    edited September 2012
    I tried to take a screen shot but I don't know how. There is no option for a screenshot key in the options menu. Is there a default key?

NOTE: After further thought, it might be a skeletal version of the evolve menu, but it just has no icons, if that makes sense.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    You should have a "Print screen" key above your arrow keys. Then paste it into paint or any other image editor program, save and upload :)
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2012
    Also, when that happens, can you please press Win+R, paste %APPDATA%\Natural Selection 2\ in it, press enter and upload the log.txt file in that folder for us?

It might be corrupted game files, but it could also be an undiscovered bug in the game.
    edited September 2012
    I will do the print screen thing next time I get that bug. The log file failed to upload as an attachment because it is bigger than the max upload size. Is there somewhere I can email the file instead?

EDIT: I just tried to replicate the graphics glitch and I couldn't get it, but what I was seeing was indeed just the background for the evolve menu. Just the orange circular part with the orange gassy cloud around it.
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1974729:date=Sep 10 2012, 01:30 AM:name=Therealsmokey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Therealsmokey @ Sep 10 2012, 01:30 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1974729"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I will do the print screen thing next time I get that bug. The log file failed to upload as an attachment because it is bigger than the max upload size. Is there somewhere I can email the file instead?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <a href="http://pastebin.com/" target="_blank">http://pastebin.com/</a>
    Haven't been able to play a round long enough to get this glitch again. I'll try to remember to do that when it happens.