mouse-wheel reversed in 218?

DeadzoneDeadzone Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17911Members, Reinforced - Shadow
I can't be the only person who uses the mouse wheel to switch weapons. Did anyone else notice the order it cycles through marine weapons reverse in 218? I was positive that scrolling Down meant you'd move to Pistol rather than the axe, but it sure ain't that way anymore.

I wouldn't mind a bind for this, either :)

Comments

• Death_IncarnateDeath_Incarnate Join Date: 2005-02-19 Member: 41788Members
    Mine has always been reversed... I downloaded the non flash menu mod and it allows you to bind these keys.
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm just imagining the crying when 1.0 hits the masses together with a lua consistency check. Than no menu mod will be available and all the little problems that everybody hid with this mod will hit them in the face like a brick. Epic crying...
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1975508:date=Sep 11 2012, 06:12 AM:name=Death_Incarnate)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Death_Incarnate @ Sep 11 2012, 06:12 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1975508"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Mine has always been reversed... I downloaded the non flash menu mod and it allows you to bind these keys.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah this is what I use and i've changed my controls around a bit
  • Onii-chanOnii-chan Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7164Members
    See this post:
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=120473&view=findpost&p=1970736" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...t&p=1970736</a>

I also noticed it was reversed since the alpha.
    Annoying.

Please fix this, UWE.
  • zeepzeep Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3367Members
  • PsYcH0_Ch!cKeNPsYcH0_Ch!cKeN Join Date: 2009-12-11 Member: 69601Members
    Yeah, this has been backwards since forever. Except that it's only "backwards" to some of us. Plenty of other games these days do it this way. That said, those games also include the next/previous weapon keys in the key bindings screen so that we can swap them if desired. That's what's sorely missing at the moment, I'm really surprised that it still hasn't been added after two years. :/
  • BitcrusherBitcrusher Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156628Members
    edited September 2012
    If only there wasn't cheaters, i like my mods :( I can probably survive without them though, but they make it so much easier, I hope that menu mod gets incorporated as an option for players then it can bypass the consistency checks. They should have like an accepted mods database, that will go through consistency checks and server admins can edit which mods are allowed. It would suck to check the source of all the mods though, but at least the community could do that if they are suspicious of a mod.
  • Wang TangWang Tang Join Date: 2004-08-18 Member: 30699Members
    We <b>really</b> need a bind for next/previous weapon. The currently inverted switching drives me crazy :/
  • Good_ApolloGood_Apollo Join Date: 2011-03-22 Member: 87831Members
    edited October 2012
    I thought I was crazy the other day when I was flipping through weapons and felt like I never flipped to what I intended, I thought maybe I had just forgotten the order or played too much CSGO. Good to know something did change at one point since last I played was around alpha and just came back a patch or three after Exo was released.