I pre-purchased, where's my Digital Deluxe Edition?

SnarfindorfSnarfindorf Join Date: 2012-09-09 Member: 158778Members
I bought this game back in november(ish) but got the standard edition. Now, if you pre-purchase the game you get the black marine armour which I haven't got. Am I doing something wrong? Shouldn't I have the exclusive avatars and armour? Thanks!

Comments

• rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    The deluxe edition comes with <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/cache/thumbnails/SpecialArmor_Render2_800x450.jpg" target="_blank">this armor</a>, not the black armor (that is discontinued).

And afaik all the content in the deluxe edition package will get to you on release day. With the exception of the free copy of the game, I think they are trying to get that out sooner.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2012
    You do not get the black armour, you get the Deluxe armour (which is a modified green amour with a visor attachment). But it's not just for the current Steam Pre-orders. Everyone that has Pre-ordered the game before the Steam Store Pre-orders get that stuff as well, this is what you get as Pre-Steam-Pre-order (somewhere before or on the official Steam release day):

<b>Deluxe Edition</b>
    <ul><li>NS2 Official Soundtrack (almost 1 hour of music)</li><li>Digital Art Book (40 pages)</li><li>Exclusive wallpapers and avatars</li><li> Exclusive new in-game marine armour</li></ul>

<b>Pre-Steam-Pre-order</b><ul><li>A free upgrade to the Deluxe Edition detailed above</li><li>A free copy of NS2 Standard Edition to give to a friend or stroke lovingly</li><li>Continued private beta access right up to launch day in October</li></ul>

The current Steam-Pre-orders do not get beta access

[edit]
    Damn ninjas :P
  • SnarfindorfSnarfindorf Join Date: 2012-09-09 Member: 158778Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1974532:date=Sep 9 2012, 05:48 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Sep 9 2012, 05:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1974532"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You do not get the black armour, you get the Deluxe armour (which is a modified green amour with a visor attachment). But it's not just for the current Steam Pre-orders. Everyone that has Pre-ordered the game before the Steam Store Pre-orders get that stuff as well, this is what you get as Pre-Steam-Pre-order (somewhere before or on the official Steam release day):

<b>Deluxe Edition</b>
    <ul><li>NS2 Official Soundtrack (almost 1 hour of music)</li><li>Digital Art Book (40 pages)</li><li>Exclusive wallpapers and avatars</li><li> Exclusive new in-game marine armour</li></ul>

<b>Pre-Steam-Pre-order</b><ul><li>A free upgrade to the Deluxe Edition detailed above</li><li>A free copy of NS2 Standard Edition to give to a friend or stroke lovingly</li><li>Continued private beta access right up to launch day in October</li></ul>

The current Steam-Pre-orders do not get beta access

[edit]
    Damn ninjas :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Okay I see about the armour, but I have NONE of these things. How come? I checked Steam DLC and I don't have anything, I checked my gifts and I don't have an extra copy of the game...
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1974532:date=Sep 9 2012, 05:48 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Sep 9 2012, 05:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1974532"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->...somewhere before or on the official Steam release day...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And from twitter just now:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><a href="https://twitter.com/NS2/status/244855829491228672" target="_blank">Natural Selection 2 ‏@NS2</a>

I feel like I keep saying it but...we haven't given away the gift copies of NS2 yet. We should do so this week if Valve out.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->