Can you exit the exosuit?

conduitconduit Join Date: 2008-03-27 Member: 63982Members
Simple question. Can one exit the exosuit (aside from death)?

Comments

• SPASMadnessSPASMadness Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156958Members
    No. Many people ask for this option but right now you can't and I don't know if the devs consider to allow it.
  • AtoneAtone Join Date: 2009-09-21 Member: 68839Members
    When a marine enters an exosuit, nanites within the suit break down his legs and use the material to create a neural interface for controlling the suit. If the marine were to exit the suit, he would be unable to walk.
  • KopikatKopikat Join Date: 2012-09-06 Member: 158170Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1974173:date=Sep 8 2012, 03:28 PM:name=Atone)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Atone @ Sep 8 2012, 03:28 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1974173"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->When a marine enters an exosuit, nanites within the suit break down his legs and use the material to create a neural interface for controlling the suit. If the marine were to exit the suit, he would be unable to walk.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Doesn't that kind of create a problem when the battle is over and an Exo managed to survive?
    <!--quoteo(post=1974178:date=Sep 8 2012, 11:40 PM:name=Kopikat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kopikat @ Sep 8 2012, 11:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1974178"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Doesn't that kind of create a problem when the battle is over and an Exo managed to survive?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Is anyone really going to complain about living the rest of their life as a 12 foot tall cyborg with a minigun? I'd enlist just for the chance.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    <i>I heard</i> that it was something they really wanted but it technically was a bit of a challenge and something so small would have to wait til after 1.0 or it could delay things further..
  • countbasiecountbasie Join Date: 2008-12-27 Member: 65884Members
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1974182:date=Sep 8 2012, 10:43 PM:name=Atone)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Atone @ Sep 8 2012, 10:43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1974182"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Is anyone really going to complain about living the rest of their life as a 12 foot tall cyborg with a minigun? I'd enlist just for the chance.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah, you can cut your lunch with the minigun. But you have to be careful putting it in your mouth with the claw. And wiping could be stressful...
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't think it shoukd happen because when an EXo is low and about to hit the fan the marine will just exit which isn't right.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    One thing that would really add to the immersion is a boarding animation after which the EXO powers up (standing up and such during the screen dissolve animation
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Should be an eject upgrade, seeing as how there is art for it right in the cockpit. When the suit drops below a certain threshold warning lights start going off and it lets you eject.
    <!--quoteo(post=1974238:date=Sep 9 2012, 12:53 AM:name=countbasie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (countbasie @ Sep 9 2012, 12:53 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1974238"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And wiping could be stressful...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Doubly so if you opted for dual miniguns.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1974259:date=Sep 9 2012, 11:26 AM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Sep 9 2012, 11:26 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1974259"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->One thing that would really add to the immersion is a boarding animation after which the EXO powers up (standing up and such during the screen dissolve animation<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

who climbs in and out of stuff in the future? i'd be using nanites to phase me in and out of my mech suit :)

just a nice blue sparkle effect, no animation needed.
  • Storm_SeekerStorm_Seeker Join Date: 2011-01-13 Member: 77359Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1974255:date=Sep 9 2012, 01:15 AM:name=ellnic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ellnic @ Sep 9 2012, 01:15 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1974255"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't think it shoukd happen because when an EXo is low and about to hit the fan the marine will just exit which isn't right.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Good point/question. I would take this opinion myself and not allow people to be able to get out.

Atone... loving your responses dude. They make so much sense. Has anyone looked at the exo-suits leg gap!? I don't even know any wide hipped "friendly" women with such a gap between the tops of their legs. Let a lone a marines! So your legs must be dissolved and your nerves integrated in the suit...
  • The_EpitomeThe_Epitome Join Date: 2003-11-26 Member: 23573Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    I think the official lore is that the marines curl up inside the top half....
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    I would like that. Every rine that has to exit his suit in order to build something is one less rine with a minigun that can be ambushed ;) Just make it so that you can't weld Exos without a pilot inside and that it takes time to get in and out. Maybe the rine should have only the axe or the pistol after he left the exo. That would limit his options and force him actually to think about leaving the Exo or not.

Right now I still crash when I try to fire the minigun, so the option to give up the Exo for someone who can use it would be nice if for example the comm drops one of them on my head and force me to use it ;)

And a bit offtopic, but the walking sound is not playing when you punch with the fist. That is very disturbing :P Also I would welcome ammo for the miniguns. An unlimited ammo minigun with a very short cooldown time and no reload? rly??? Also it would be nice if the Exo could duck like the Onos. But anyways +1 for Exo exits!