I just wanna say...

lame-olame-o Join Date: 2010-04-24 Member: 71517Members
As the gaming industry in general turns to more and more sinister tactics of milking their target audiences with the worst crap they can, it's good to know there are companies out there simply trying to make a good ###### game or two. Props for that.

I love you guys at UWE. The game is great, and I hope you guys fix those performance issues, then balance some ######, then make like 40 million dollars.

And after NS2 is perfected and all, maybe you guys could work on another game? :D

Comments

• TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    lol I just wonder if they will go immediately to NS3, or take a detour and try something new.

<3 UWE
  • SPASMadnessSPASMadness Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156958Members
    What about a solo campain for NS2 ?
  • lame-olame-o Join Date: 2010-04-24 Member: 71517Members
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, I think I remember hearing somewhere that they don't know yet what kind of game they'll be making next, but it'll probably be something completely new.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What about a solo campain for NS2 ?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    But that's madness! I think if anything it would have to be like the campaigns in the Battlefield series, considering the game is meant to be a multiplayer arena.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    Zen of Sudoku 2 is the obvious next step. That's the real sequel we've all been waiting for anyways. NS2 is just a dumb diversion from what the real focus of UWE should be.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1972327:date=Sep 5 2012, 05:34 PM:name=SPASMadness)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SPASMadness @ Sep 5 2012, 05:34 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1972327"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What about a solo campain for NS2 ?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Would be interesting, but a good single player campaign requires a different skillset than a Multiplayer title. Lots of script writing, storyboarding, voice acting, AI and cutscenes. For a small team like UWE, its likely not something they would be interested in getting too invested in.
  • lame-olame-o Join Date: 2010-04-24 Member: 71517Members
    edited September 2012
    I'm thinking something like a fresh take on Zelda from the early 3d era. That IP needs a new set of brains... As it is they're just mimicking other adventure/platformer games and catering to an audience of people who don't care about what the game should be like.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I loved Zelda64, but it always felt really sad for some reason.
    <!--quoteo(post=1972330:date=Sep 6 2012, 01:35 AM:name=lame-o)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lame-o @ Sep 6 2012, 01:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1972330"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->But that's madness! I think if anything it would have to be like the campaigns in the Battlefield series, considering the game is meant to be a multiplayer arena.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah my pseudo is well chosen I guess... but you're right, this is a silly idea.
  • countbasiecountbasie Join Date: 2008-12-27 Member: 65884Members
    Wait. I didn't think about that yet. UWE will make another game when the company continues to succeed. Holey moley that's gonna be the next light in the dark gaming scene, next to hawken, overgrowth and the anno series.

Never thought I'd say that, but since UWE is located in the USA...
    AMEERICAAA! FCK YEAH!
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI</a>
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    They first got to get through all that post 1.0 stuff they were talking about... Yah, I love this game.