Individual Mouse Sensitivity for Marine, Exo, Skulk, Fade, etc.

WolpertingerWolpertinger Join Date: 2011-12-24 Member: 138958Members
<div class="IPBDescription">It would be a good thing</div>Any thought?

Comments

• skjorteNskjorteN Join Date: 2012-08-13 Member: 155548Members
    Most gaming mice has custom dpi profiles that make it easy to switch between different settings. Its an easy way to personalise your own setup if needed.
  • WolpertingerWolpertinger Join Date: 2011-12-24 Member: 138958Members
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1971857:date=Sep 5 2012, 03:45 PM:name=skjorteN)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (skjorteN @ Sep 5 2012, 03:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1971857"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Most gaming mice has custom dpi profiles that make it easy to switch between different settings. Its an easy way to personalise your own setup if needed.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Like I am going to buy a gaming mouse... Still using a 5 year old 5$ generic Logitech.
    edited September 2012
    Im just saying. I dont rly care if you spend money on a special kind of mouse.
    Of course. But I think with highly diverse characters like in this game it should be possible to have a global mouse sensitivity control and one for each character. And if you change the global sensitivity all of the sub-controls change according to that.
    Sure I understand. I, personaly, adjust the sensitivity in options accordingly.
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    If you really need that, you should consider binding keys to "setsensitivity x" in the console (e.g. bind O "setsensitivity 5").
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Post 1.0 option could be nice. I never thought about this, but I guess I do want different sensitivities in game.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Honestly I have always thought this kind of thing is a bad idea. I always play with a rule of hand sweep, i.e. in my average hand sweep I turn exactly 270. This enables a little bit of muscle memory to be maintained, and my aim to be more consistent. This is all hypothetical of course...

Some games require you to turn quicker than others, so I do adjust. But in practice, I like to find a base sensitivity that tends to work for most games. Otherwise you are having to re-learn subtle movements every time you change.
    <!--quoteo(post=1971885:date=Sep 5 2012, 04:34 PM:name=Runteh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runteh @ Sep 5 2012, 04:34 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1971885"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Honestly I have always thought this kind of thing is a bad idea. I always play with a rule of hand sweep, i.e. in my average hand sweep I turn exactly 270. This enables a little bit of muscle memory to be maintained, and my aim to be more consistent. This is all hypothetical of course...

Some games require you to turn quicker than others, so I do adjust. But in practice, I like to find a base sensitivity that tends to work for most games. Otherwise you are having to re-learn subtle movements every time you change.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So you keep everything the same. But I find myself having huge trouble flying the Lerk. And a bit troubling fighting with the Skulk.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Game needs custom control profiles for each "class/lifeform."
    edited September 2012
    No problem at all, like I say I can turn 270 in an average hand sweep (what I call my average hand sweep)..

It depends how you play really. Used to play against some, if not the top UK CS clans quite some time ago. I know a lot of pro players who use those massive fabric mouse mats so they can use REALLY low sensitivities. This really helps at a mid/long range scenario with the wrist, as soon as you get into close range you can lift and use your arm to sweep the whole mat. In that way you get the benefit.

It depends what you like to do, but low sensitivity is (imo) the biggest bonus for accuracy. Your movements tends to be slow enough that they actually match player movement as well at mid/long range. When I was starting to play relatively seriously and attend multiplay lan events, that is what I used to do.

Personally I only play for fun now, so my settings are pretty much perfect for most of what I do, and a very low sensitivity is not at all realistic in NS2 unless you want to visit the doctor with RSI. There was a player in our clan who used to be in the top 3 Quake 3 players in the UK, and he also had a very low sensitivity. It was like watching someone attack their desk when he played.

I would highly advise getting a large gaming mouse mat (woven) if you don't have one already though. People forget that they are gaming and standard mouse mats just do not do the trick.
    <!--quoteo(post=1971900:date=Sep 5 2012, 04:55 PM:name=Runteh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runteh @ Sep 5 2012, 04:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1971900"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would highly advise getting a large gaming mouse mat (woven) if you don't have one already though. People forget that they are gaming and standard mouse mats just do not do the trick.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

My gaming mouse mat is made of wood. It is huge.
    You must be using a sensitivity of 0.1 then :P