Crashes during map load

EngiEngi Join Date: 2012-08-26 Member: 156455Members
Hi I've been playing NS2 for a few months now with few problems. However, just this week (two days ago) it suddenly started crashing about 5 seconds into loading any map while joining a server. My first solution was to reinstall the game, when that didn't work I also tried the verify cash files which unsurprisingly also didn't work.

The whole program freezes up and windows says its "not responding". Any ideas why this may be happening and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.
To my knowledge I have made no changes to my system and haven't installed any programs (aside from NS2) during this time period.

Don't think its relevant but it seems a common theme to post system specs so i have provided the most relevant specs.

E8400 @3.6ghz.
GTX570
4 gigs of ram

Comments

• TquilaTquila Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70738Members, NS2 Playtester
    When you game crash, could you either a) Send the crash files (log and minidump) with the prompt that shows up. This will make sure Max and the other codemonkeys get it, so they can identify what is going on. or b) upload the files somewhere so we can get them.

It's kind a odd it just suddently does it, but it's hard to say anything when there's no information. Does it <i>always </i>crash?
  • EngiEngi Join Date: 2012-08-26 Member: 156455Members
    It was doing it for like 3 days. I've made no changes to my system and now the issue has gone away. I have no idea.