Another stupid and repeated question

rukaruka Join Date: 2010-07-17 Member: 72503Members
edited August 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
I know this has been probably been answered already but since this is the first time I've login while pre-ordering the game in the very first week, I would like to know:

<b>Is it possible to ask for a refund?
</b>
I feel bad for doing this but it's completely going overboard now... When I bought the game, the minimun requirements were like 256mb RAM or something along those lines, but what I'm really concerned about was that I actually could have better performance before than right now when I was actually expecting for the game to be optimised by this stage :\

Comments

• supsusupsu Join Date: 2012-04-24 Member: 151023Members, Squad Five Blue
  • NakorsonNakorson Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140253Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited August 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1965198:date=Aug 20 2012, 08:01 AM:name=ruka)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruka @ Aug 20 2012, 08:01 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1965198"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I know this has been probably been answered already but since this is the first time I've login while pre-ordering the game in the very first week, I would like to know:

<b>Is it possible to ask for a refund?
    </b>
    I feel bad for doing this but it's completely going overboard now... When I bought the game, the minimun requirements were like 256mb RAM or something along those lines, but what I'm really concerned about was that I actually could have better performance before than right now when I was actually expecting for the game to be optimised by this stage :\<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I doubt it that there was a "256MB RAM" requirement released for NS2.

Anyways i'm not official so don't take this comment for official, but if read somewhere that UWE is no longer offering refunds. I try to find it the comment, but i think it was on the old layout of the official ns2 site.

Edit:
    Although there are a few comments that say if you want a refund contact "store@unknownworlds.com". I would say try your luck, but i don't understand why people want refunds, you should plan ahead and inform yourself about a product before you buy it.
  • Raza.Raza. Join Date: 2004-01-24 Member: 25663Members, Constellation
    edited August 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1965205:date=Aug 20 2012, 04:23 PM:name=Nakorson)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nakorson @ Aug 20 2012, 04:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1965205"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I doubt it that there was a "256MB RAM" requirement released for NS2.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It is hard to believe, but the original requirements given on the official website were indeed "1.2 GHz Processor, 256MB RAM, a DirectX 9 level graphics card".
  • rinerriner Join Date: 2010-01-04 Member: 69881Members
    SS it or didnt happen...

Just kidding, well, the kid deserves a refund
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Minimum requirements are what are needed to just run the game... not actually play it.

You should wait for the next patch, if performance is as promised it should improve a lot.
  • LPCLPC Join Date: 2002-04-07 Member: 384Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited August 2012
    anyone that bought the game with the "1.2 GHz Processor, 256MB RAM, a DirectX 9 level graphics card" requirements should be able to get a refund, that's legaly un-avoidable.

Those requirements in the early days of the alpha were contested by many, but UWE have kept it on the 'buy' page for many months actually.
  • NeoRussiaNeoRussia Join Date: 2012-08-04 Member: 154743Members
    So how did they mess up putting the requirements for NS1 into NS2? lol.
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    The performance of the game right now is far from where it's going to be in a couple of months.
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    I'm afraid we're no longer offering refunds.

I'm going to lock this because "refund" threads often go bad pretty quickly. Ruka, PM me if you have any further questions.
This discussion has been closed.