Phase Gate Hive Rush Is So Strong

STDGooseySTDGoosey Join Date: 2002-11-23 Member: 9714Members
<div class="IPBDescription">I meen.. it is insane</div> As long as your marines are semi-competent this strat is so strong.. And no aliens know how to defend it very well (set up ambush in hive + get fast Defense tower in hive).

The alien respawn time is so **obscenity**. On every pub server the aliens just die and then respawn 1 by 1 as thier hive gets toasted

Comments

• h3nkosh3nkos Join Date: 2002-11-17 Member: 9112Members
    a nice performed phase rush can be devastating!
  • VsEGaZVsEGaZ Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9823Members
    yep i use dat tactic all the time when i have a good marine team dat listens to what i say and **obscenity** but when they dont were **obscenity** hehe
  • DarknessfallsDarknessfalls Join Date: 2002-08-21 Member: 1205Members
    Its true its stong if enough the marines work together in a pub.I wouldn't go off from pub servers because I think of only few times when both sides were equally match and the marines went for a rush. The way to stop them is to ambush them before they take key points and build phasegates. It’s true the aliens spawn slower then the marines at the start but they are also faster and cover ground more easily.
  • matsomatso Master of Patches Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7000Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, NS2 Community Developer
    <!--QuoteBegin--Darknessfalls+Dec 21 2002, 11:26 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Darknessfalls @ Dec 21 2002, 11:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->It’s true the aliens spawn slower then the marines at the start but they are also faster and cover ground more easily.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Really? And here I was thinking that marines using phasegate was faster than skulks running.

Well, kidding aside, skulks are only marginally faster than marines. The only time they cover ground better is if they can use vent shortcuts.
  • SirusSirus Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8466Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    Its the best start when used with distress beacon. Whats that skulk? kill the whole team and thing your safe? Save your chuckle, here comes 7 more marines all at one time 3 secs later.
  • SirusSirus Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8466Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    Distress beacon saves the DAY!
  • ArchzaiArchzai Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 8007Members
    jus wondiner... if more than 3/4 of your team is dead... and u wanna hurri up with the phasegate rush.. (the phasegate already made out side their hive)

do u guys use distress beacon and dispatch troops to fiinisht eh hive asap?? or allow slow conventional spawning? thx