Your single least favorite feature in NS2

[R8]DJBourgeoisie[R8]DJBourgeoisie Join Date: 2007-09-05 Member: 62176Members
edited August 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">in 25 words or less</div>Not a troll, honestly very helpful to developers to be aware of annoying/frustrating things in your game. (Yes, I got the idea from Schkorpios thread)

Please don't turn this into a discussion and start debating things listed. Post any feature or element of NS2 you dislike and if you feel like it, explain why you feel that way.

Power nodes, more often than not I've been unable to drop something because of it. It's not something that feels natural because of how it is implemented. One room may have power right next to a room that appears to have it but does not.

Comments

• RamblemoeRamblemoe Join Date: 2010-12-21 Member: 75812Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Retired Community Developer
    Games starting too fast after switching maps. A server that is full will often lose about half
    of its players each time it switches map. Some leave because they're done playing and others
    leave because they got a bug during loading. This leads to each game after a map change
    to start off as a 3v3, with one side not having a com. The game then drags on for an hour or more
    with one side having a clear disadvantage due to not having a com for the first few minutes
    of the game. If the teams are well balanced the game will drag on for ages before the team
    that got the upper hand can land the kill.

That's the biggest thing that I can think of being a result of a "feature".
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2012
    Nanoshield

[edit]
    It's blue, I very much dislike blue* <!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#696969--><span style="color:#696969"><!--/coloro-->Oh and something about dux with nanoshield+medpacks, but most of all the grin I know he has on his face, as he basically says "Nope!" every time I try and kill a marine as Skulky :P

*Not really though, proven by the color theme on me website, I guess<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
  • NeoRussiaNeoRussia Join Date: 2012-08-04 Member: 154743Members
    edited August 2012
    The movement physics. Skulk is too floaty and walljumping can't be consistent, and is too dependant on map wall design. Marine movement has mechanics that slow down gameplay and sprinting is pointless.
  • kamupkamup Join Date: 2012-08-13 Member: 155556Members
    Alien Commander: Less teamwork on alien side
  • FateofmanFateofman Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154928Members
    Infestation spikes - I'm honestly struggling to find a good use for these, they last too short a time to be beneficial, or maybe I'm just not good enough at play. Still not entirely sure what they do...
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Lerk spores, because I am bad with them. Can't really use lerk since all its abilities take more skill with flying than I have, except maybe umbra which is late-game...
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Too much awesome, Too much awesome, Too much awesome, Too much awesome, Too much awesome, Too much awesome, Too much awesome, Too much awesomeEEEE!!!

Awesome.
  • ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    The all knowing minimap. Why think when my minimap can do it for me.
  • WorthyRivalWorthyRival Black Armor Division Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58470Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    That devour is gone.

Onos is a rubbish unit to play He's too slow, too expensive and a gorge can do more damage.
    The Onos just isn't fun like it was in NS1

At the moment the Onos is a meat shield and not even a good one he can't even run away after taking all that damage. Just a waste of 75 res.

At least with devour you would run in soaking up bullets and maybe eat someone. Which was hilarious and scary.
    When introducing new players to NS1, Devour was always the thing that made their eyes go wide with the expression "did that just happen" ?
    And saving eaten team mates was always rewarding and team building, as was being saved after being devoured.

Stomp is just as bad at taking away control from a player so don't feed me that line that's why it's gone.
    If you die you join a spawn queue that's the nature of the game if you were devoured you could have just joined that queue immediately and if you were saved then lucky you.
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Lerk spores, Not because they dont work or that they are bad for gameplay, but as a marine they are anoyying lol
  • ArkantiArkanti pub baddie Join Date: 2011-07-22 Member: 111781Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Alien spawn system. Everyone knows why.
  • IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Lack of real alien scaling. Being a skulk and melting in an instant endgame makes me sadface.
  • CobraCommanderCobraCommander Join Date: 2012-07-30 Member: 154472Members
    Gorge Structures. We want more. Give us the MC or something
  • MisterNubsMisterNubs Join Date: 2012-03-01 Member: 147912Members
    Lack of Alien Scaling.
    Alien wave spawn system.
    Trail Spores.
    Shadow Step holding fades back.
    Onos being useless.
    Soon to be 3 limit hydras at 3.pres a piece.
    Cysts.
    Maturation system, giving free easy harvester kills.
    Primal Scream on Onos.
    Blink requiring two hives.
    Nanoshield.
    Armory healing armor.
    Carapace's trade off.

I'm sure there's more.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Absolutely no skill requirement
  • AtoneAtone Join Date: 2009-09-21 Member: 68839Members
    edited August 2012
    It's hard to pick just one, but i'll go with:

Cropduster spores. It's a neat idea, but they really should have stayed ranged.
  • DJPenguinDJPenguin Useless Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18538Members
    nanoshield.

or that skulks lose a lot more effectiveness than I'd like by endgame.
  • ZxaberZxaber Join Date: 2010-07-29 Member: 73315Members
    Current lighting system. I'd like to see aliens able to hit the power switch on their own. And I'd like to fight in the dark more (on ether side).
  • DavilDavil Florida, USA Join Date: 2012-08-14 Member: 155602Members, Constellation
    Missing heavy armor from NS1
  • RisingSunRisingSun Rising California Join Date: 2004-04-19 Member: 28015Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • TagertsweTagertswe Join Date: 2010-03-04 Member: 70825Members
    the delayed alien spawn system :(
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Alien upgrades and lack of scaling. Cara is too important. I would rather see it removed completely, replaced with something more "fun" and give aliens passive armor scaling of some sort.
  • twincannontwincannon Join Date: 2011-06-14 Member: 104459Members
    Power nodes and infestation, just feels like busywork.
  • Hunter.S.T.Hunter.S.T. Join Date: 2012-05-26 Member: 152596Members
    noob commanders without microphones. Seriously guys, get a fricking microphone. SRSLY.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    The broken crouch jumping and no falling damage.
  • FlipperFlipper Join Date: 2012-08-08 Member: 155120Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1962858:date=Aug 14 2012, 10:46 AM:name=MisterNubs)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MisterNubs @ Aug 14 2012, 10:46 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1962858"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Lack of Alien Scaling.
    Alien wave spawn system.
    Trail Spores.
    Onos being useless.
    Cysts.
    Primal Scream on Onos.
    Nanoshield.
    Armory healing armor.
    Carapace's trade off.

I'm sure there's more.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Im assuming you like to play aliens....
  • TweadleTweadle Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39686Members, NS2 Map Tester
    negative abilities
  • KhyronKhyron Join Date: 2012-02-02 Member: 143308Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1962858:date=Aug 15 2012, 03:46 AM:name=MisterNubs)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MisterNubs @ Aug 15 2012, 03:46 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1962858"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Lack of Alien Scaling.
    Alien wave spawn system.
    Trail Spores.
    Onos being useless.
    Cysts.
    Primal Scream on Onos.
    Nanoshield.
    Armory healing armor.
    Carapace's trade off.

I'm sure there's more.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I find this list somewhat alien biased. @_@
  • lunsluns Join Date: 2010-12-05 Member: 75502Members
    that's easy one, charlie's ideas.

he somehow did the impossible, he took all the working ideas from ns1 and replaced them with broken dreams.
  • Salraine_ChiSalraine_Chi Join Date: 2011-07-03 Member: 107669Members, Reinforced - Shadow