Fades

124»

Comments

• dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    They key for marines to counter fades is an good com and marines with aim.

Nanoshield in the right moment combined with e few medpacks should counter every Fade if 2-3 marines are around.
    Most marines these days are unable to kill a skulk. I saw 6 marines dying on 2 skulks.

Skulks are op too?

Fana or Treffnix as Lerk will be owning an 8 man marineteam alone. Lerk OP?

I repeat it again and again:
    You cannot balance skill, there ns2-players on the field with over 1000hrs of gameplay.
    Give an fade to one of those players=1 man army, give it to a new player against the vets= fade is down in seconds.

The fade need only some little tweaking.
  • ChristianChristian Join Date: 2012-06-02 Member: 152870Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1958517:date=Aug 7 2012, 01:33 PM:name=dePARA)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dePARA @ Aug 7 2012, 01:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1958517"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They key for marines to counter fades is an good com and marines with aim.

Nanoshield in the right moment combined with e few medpacks should counter every Fade if 2-3 marines are around.
    Most marines these days are unable to kill a skulk. I saw 6 marines dying on 2 skulks.

Skulks are op too?

You cannot balance skill, there ns2-players on the field with over 1000hrs of gameplay.
    Give an fade to one of those players=1 man army, give it to a new player against the vets= fade is down in seconds.

The fade need only some little tweaking.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Signed
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1958517:date=Aug 7 2012, 01:33 PM:name=dePARA)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dePARA @ Aug 7 2012, 01:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1958517"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They key for marines to counter fades is an good com and marines with aim.

Skulks are op too?

You are right but you also generalize. Even noobs can be deadly with the fade now. Don't use the extreme skilled players for balance arguments. Use the normal players. And don't forget that you are not playing with the vanilla fade on your servers. Also I don't think the fade should be balanced by it's health. But I wrote this in the post before.
  • TrCTrC Join Date: 2008-11-30 Member: 65612Members
    I'm all in for visible fade when blinking but you need to remember that aircontrol and speed with blink are not as smooth as in NS1 version which makes it hard to make curved blinks which are needed to approach high level marines.

New fades are bound to die few times whatever the mechanic, I dont see why the mechanic should be made more unclear or gimmicky (invisibility) just to "ease the learning" which really is not the case.

I would say seeing (well) what is coming to you and knowing when you hit it is less frustrating for new and older players as well.

I suppose the most challenging thing would be to match the needs (animations) for those who play the game with eyes only.
  • TyphonTyphon Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 1899Members
    edited August 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1958517:date=Aug 7 2012, 07:33 AM:name=dePARA)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dePARA @ Aug 7 2012, 07:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1958517"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They key for marines to counter fades is an good com and marines with aim.

Skulks are op too?

It's quite true that a great fade can destroy noob marines. And likewise great marines can wreck noob fades. Great marines vs great fades may even be balanced right now.

The problem is that noob fades are decimating noob marines. Noob vs noob should be an even fight, but it's not. So what needs to change is to lower the skill floor of fades, while trying to not influence the skill ceiling. Make it easier to be bad with a fade or make bad fades less effective, without outright nerfing fades.

Primarily, I think that means his escapes needed to be a bit harder to use effectively. It's too easy right now when things are getting dicey to just mash blink and shadowstep to escape.
  • Firepower01Firepower01 Join Date: 2012-08-03 Member: 154658Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1958517:date=Aug 7 2012, 07:33 AM:name=dePARA)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dePARA @ Aug 7 2012, 07:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1958517"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They key for marines to counter fades is an good com and marines with aim.

Skulks are op too?

There have been several posts in this thread by new players saying that they can easily wreck the marines with a fade. It really has nothing to do with skill at that point.