[Project] Gorge Plush Dolls

Comments

• WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I have been working on Plushies for about a year, but alas I have yet to get the go ahead from charlie. But I'm sure with 1.0 coming out soon there will be a bigger push for promo materials and you will see the plushie!
  • AraamarmorthAraamarmorth Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69518Members
    If you ever make it count me in for 1 ;)
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
  • NolSinklerNolSinkler On the Clorf Join Date: 2004-02-15 Member: 26560Members, Constellation
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    i would buy one too, perhaps we should start a tally of how many people even want one before (if we're even close to 1000) before anything major happens. steam group maybe?
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    i would buy one too, perhaps we should start a tally of how many people even want one before (if we're even close to 1000) before anything major happens. steam group maybe?
  • OscarTheCouchOscarTheCouch Join Date: 2005-01-10 Member: 34647Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    im in for one also
  • MegahaloMegahalo Join Date: 2005-01-06 Member: 33009Members
    I'd love one, but I think we might have a hard time hitting 1000.
  • Matt TreckMatt Treck Join Date: 2008-09-27 Member: 65085Members
    Would seriously love to buy one of these....
  • UlmontUlmont Join Date: 2011-10-02 Member: 125211Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    I'd never buy one. I'd buy five... or more.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Also what about onos figurines? I think theres one in the UWE office somewhere.
  • XaragothXaragoth Join Date: 2012-08-03 Member: 154720Members
    I doubt I could get one at a good price outside of the US? :[

It totally has to have it's tongue hanging out! Like it does with the Belly Slide! :D
  • MocMoc Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154887Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1952380:date=Jul 19 2012, 05:34 AM:name=Death_by_bullets)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Death_by_bullets @ Jul 19 2012, 05:34 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1952380"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Personally I would love an NS2 T-Shirt...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Same here. :)
  • AussieKidAussieKid Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154896Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    Something as unique and niche as a gorge plush doll would be pretty expensive to make since they wouldn't be mass-produced. I think realistically you guys would need to be paying quite a bit more than you think for something like this. More than the $20-$30 range.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
  • StopSpazzingStopSpazzing Join Date: 2005-02-26 Member: 42529Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1967225:date=Aug 27 2012, 09:15 PM:name=GISP)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GISP @ Aug 27 2012, 09:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1967225"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Any news on this?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Unless i get specific specs on the schematics of a doll, kinda dead. So if you know someone that can just get a basic drawing and write down measurements of head, and mouth feet and tail, would be able to send that in and get a price range. =\

Maybe I'm way over my head? Maybe T-shirts would be easier?

<a href="http://www.customink.com/lab?BN=true&cid=rxk0-000r-ek1y#shared" target="_blank">http://www.customink.com/lab?BN=true&c...00r-ek1y#shared</a>
    $18.45 each | $1,383.75 total
    15 Small, 30 Medium, 30 Large
  • darkfictiondarkfiction Join Date: 2010-12-14 Member: 75677Members
    edited September 2012
    You should do this a la Kickstarter so that you can gauge the demand and not get burned if a bunch of people on the forums say they want one but don't come through.

You can do t-shirts with Kickstarter as well, but if you do shirts I would be interested but that picture doesn't look like something I would wear...

For one, remove the jpeg, it would have to be a transparent PNG so the background fades into the shirt... That way you don't get a box of a picture on the shirt. Another thing, remove the word Gorge, make it mysterious what this creature is... And on the back just put "Natural Selection" and get the two claw scratches to indicate the sequel. If I new how to use photoshop I would do this for you...

Also the Gorge xmas pic is adorable! It should be a tshirt too, I want a Gorge with a santa hat on my tshirt.
  • BoozebeardBoozebeard Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166811Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I NEED one of these in my life.
  • neilm86neilm86 Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67198Members
    willing to pay up to $60 for one of these
  • KableKable Join Date: 2012-10-13 Member: 162222Members
    I'm totally backing up this project !

Regarding the shirt you could use a professional retailer/maker to take care of it. "Jinx" seems to have good quality and visibility, moreover you can sent a concept easily.

Now for the gorgie, 1,000 seems a lot but if you do a great promotion of it (Live stream, Community website working together, Tournament, UWE website ?, Professional retailers ?) it can be possible. Don't forget you'll have to send at least 999 packages across the world, so think about the time, and the shipping cost that it'll cost you.

Just don't forget to ask UWE for both project, for the legal side. They can backup the project too: help, promotion,..
  • kikaxakikaxa Join Date: 2012-08-19 Member: 155845Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1974747:date=Sep 9 2012, 04:16 PM:name=StopSpazzing)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (StopSpazzing @ Sep 9 2012, 04:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1974747"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Unless i get specific specs on the schematics of a doll, kinda dead. So if you know someone that can just get a basic drawing and write down measurements of head, and mouth feet and tail, would be able to send that in and get a price range. =\<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

we need to ask UWE for 3d model for gorge, maybe ask them to send it to plush company directly, so they can tell us how much we need to simplify this model for them, what are the possibilities for textures/material, etc.
    edit: i think they can do pretty much everything, maybe they can use full model. some examples at the end;

dimensions - i think 16"-17" length would be great, and all other dimension can be calculated from 3d model files
    if you need help, you can ask me.

t-shirts - i think everybody now can print any image on t-shirt, i won't buy this.

<a href="http://www.stuffedanimals.com/product_p/md2127.htm" target="_blank">http://www.stuffedanimals.com/product_p/md2127.htm</a>
    <a href="http://www.stuffedanimals.com/product_p/md4852.htm" target="_blank">http://www.stuffedanimals.com/product_p/md4852.htm</a>
    <a href="http://www.stuffedanimals.com/product_p/md2115.htm" target="_blank">http://www.stuffedanimals.com/product_p/md2115.htm</a>
    <a href="http://www.stuffedanimals.com/product_p/81020.htm" target="_blank">http://www.stuffedanimals.com/product_p/81020.htm</a>
    <a href="http://www.stuffedanimals.com/product_p/81082.htm" target="_blank">http://www.stuffedanimals.com/product_p/81082.htm</a>

I would definitly buy plush, i live in russia.
  • WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    In the latest Q&A, I heard something about Gorge plushies with orange LEDs in their bellies with magnetic CLOGs that can be fitted around the Gorge or something. Melly from ESLTV suggested those. Hmm guess it needed to come from a girl hahaha
  • WhiteWeaselWhiteWeasel Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173197Members
    Ah, gaming merch, I love when you get something like this and people go wtf when they don't know what it's from. =p
  • MotherGooseMotherGoose Join Date: 2002-03-12 Member: 308Members, Constellation
    edited March 2013
    can't believe this thread hasn't been flooded with screenshots from decent

EDIT: Example;
    93B597F674CE253B3C1A4CBCF41421096FD5DE19
  • TzimisceTzimisce Join Date: 2006-11-06 Member: 58437Members
    edited March 2013
    I've been waiting several years for this.. Couldn't we seriously just make a Kickstarter (assuming we get permission) for this?

I'm thinking of diversifying into 3 products as below:

$25: T-Shirt with a Gorge logo (Those that only want a t-shirt could buy this and profit would go into production of the plushie)

$60: Standard sized Gorge plushie (about the size of the plushie in AussieKid's photo couple posts above)

$250: Large Gorge plushie

$500: Limited edition Large Gorge plushie signed by the UWE team (Probably some kind of tag attached that is signed, not the plushie itself)

Dunno how much money would be needed in total to make this happen, $30k maybe?

I set the prices high (just estimates but anyway) because there probably won't be that much demand for these so production costs will be high.

Leftover money would go towards producing a second round of plushies or donated to UWE.
  • StopSpazzingStopSpazzing Join Date: 2005-02-26 Member: 42529Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    All I need is exact dimensions. Give me those from the shot would be great.
    Whosat wrote: »
    In the latest Q&A, I heard something about Gorge plushies with orange LEDs in their bellies with magnetic CLOGs that can be fitted around the Gorge or something. Melly from ESLTV suggested those. Hmm guess it needed to come from a girl hahaha
    That would be awesome. Maybe a kickstarter would be the best idea with permission AND all we need is them to send the 3D model to as was stated. Easiest way to get ahold of not so busy UWE? I am still alive and around...been really busy with life.
  • OhnojojoOhnojojo Join Date: 2011-08-01 Member: 113400Members
    can't believe this thread hasn't been flooded with screenshots from decent

EDIT: Example;
    93B597F674CE253B3C1A4CBCF41421096FD5DE19

Can anybody find the skin for that gorge plushie ni the models folders or something?
    I'm looking for like a flat texture image(s) that wrap around the gorge plushie model from descent.
    with this, we could probably print out the textures, cut out the shapes into fabric and make out own gorge plushies at home, for those of us that like arts and crafts. I mean realistically, i'm not expecting UWe to make gorge plushies anytime soon, so how about a homemade version template/guide?
  • ArgoshArgosh Join Date: 2011-01-21 Member: 78474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Quoting from another thread in General Discussion:
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @crazyeddie : its even easier than that... took me a whole 60 seconds of looking

@ohnojojo Ns2 is the most moddable game ever, don't you forget that! :-P

Steam\SteamApps\common\Natural Selection 2\ns2\models\props\descent\descent_arcade_gorgetoy_01.dds

I Use XnView to open dds files.
    Now where's my awesomes? :-D
    I think this is what you're looking for.