Aliens using feign death return to life with zero energy

ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
As the title says, when you regain life after using feign death, you should start with no energy. I think this will fix a lot of the OPness of feign death (i.e. no fades who can immediately blink or skulks who can immediately leap).

Comments

• OmegaliskOmegalisk Join Date: 2012-01-06 Member: 139750Members
    Eh, I don't like it, because it makes it too hard to escape after Feign Death. Maybe reduce energy so only 1 Leap/short Blink can be used, so the Alien has a fighting chance, and the Marine has to be paying attention and have a quick aim.
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    Given the move speed reduction and now zero HP regen, I think no energy regen should be enough. The alien's basically an invisible sitting duck, a little wait and quick aim will down it for the Marine.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1952866:date=Jul 20 2012, 05:02 PM:name=PsiWarp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PsiWarp @ Jul 20 2012, 05:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1952866"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Given the move speed reduction and now zero HP regen, I think no energy regen should be enough. The alien's basically an invisible sitting duck, a little wait and quick aim will down it for the Marine.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Indeed once they remove the health regen during faint, it should be fine.
  • deathmongerdeathmonger Join Date: 2012-07-06 Member: 153953Members
    Feign death takes all enjoyment out of the game in my opinion. Okay so you see the dead alien body but you know it isn't dead...shooting it isn't going to do anything and spraying in the general vicinity doesn't seem to work either. I always make sure to unload more than what is needed when I know feign death is being used and it still doesn't seem to have any effect. The aliens gets away about 95% of the time unless you have someone waiting ahead. It's just ridiculous. It's especially annoying with fades...once fades start using it I either F4 or just quit the game period because at that point it just feels like a trolling tactic. Well, it feels like a trolling tactic no matter what really, but when fades come into play it's especially troll-like.

Starting with zero energy might be cool, I suppose. But I think it would be better if you did away with the invisibility--if I can see the carcass moving away then that seems fair to me. That or get rid of it altogether. I see no way to make it work in it's current form while maintaining good game balance.
  • SlamHanniganSlamHannigan Join Date: 2012-07-06 Member: 153952Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1953601:date=Jul 25 2012, 07:38 AM:name=deathmonger87)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (deathmonger87 @ Jul 25 2012, 07:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1953601"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Feign death takes all enjoyment out of the game in my opinion. Okay so you see the dead alien body but you know it isn't dead...shooting it isn't going to do anything and spraying in the general vicinity doesn't seem to work either. I always make sure to unload more than what is needed when I know feign death is being used and it still doesn't seem to have any effect. The aliens gets away about 95% of the time unless you have someone waiting ahead. It's just ridiculous. It's especially annoying with fades...once fades start using it I either F4 or just quit the game period because at that point it just feels like a trolling tactic. Well, it feels like a trolling tactic no matter what really, but when fades come into play it's especially troll-like.

Starting with zero energy might be cool, I suppose. But I think it would be better if you did away with the invisibility--if I can see the carcass moving away then that seems fair to me. That or get rid of it altogether. I see no way to make it work in it's current form while maintaining good game balance.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This. A marine should be rewarded for seeing through Feign Death -- if he shoots the feigning alien enough before it gets up, that alien should die. Either this change or something equivalent should be made, because it is completely imba.