Experimental Summit changes

MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate placesValencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
edited July 2012 in Competitive Play
I've started working on an "experimental" branch of summit for testing a number of balance changes before I actually do it with proper visuals. This is going to be tested internally as well, but I want as much feedback as possible, from scrims and gathers if possible, and that is why I am posting it here.

Here's the changelog:

b2
- Fixed occlusion problem in Atrium.
- Added a back entrance to Atrium.
- Reopened closed vent in Atrium.
- Removed rock in Glass Hallway-Reactor entrance (invisible hitbox).
- Moved the crates in Maintenance Access so you can jump over the railing earlier.
- Added a ledge in Ventilation so you can "escape" the pipe props.
- Moved Power Node in DC to the middle section.
- Added some cover in DC.
- All starting spawns are equally probable now.

b1
- Made Atrium flatter. The tech point is in a big alcove now where the bar table used to be. The RT is in an alcove across the tech point. Marines can spawn in here now.
- Expanded Data Core
- Expanded the Ventilation walkway at the bottom and added a way to get back up if you fall on the ledge below
- Blocked Summit Reception vent going into Crevice/Atrium
- Blocked Glass Hallway vent going into Data Core
- Partially retracted the wall in the middle between Atrium and Reactor Core
- Data Core and Atrium have both a weight of 10, making them the most probable spawns chosen by the game.

It is a very hacked together version and it looks ugly and hacky because it's a "sketch" of what to do if it works, as I'll have to redo all the changes again (properly) if they work.

<a href="http://www.duplexgaming.co.uk/downloads/maps/105/Summit%20Test/" target="_blank">Download b2</a>.

Comments

• eh?eh? Join Date: 2012-03-03 Member: 147997Members
    Leaving it on All-In #2 for the day for anyone to play if they like.
  • sansan Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34129Members
    Hi, same on NS2France #1 Classic for EU if people want try
  • DustehDusteh Join Date: 2011-07-25 Member: 112142Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Good changes in this version, should get it done in my opinion.

- Ventilation much better. Skulks usually dominate, but with the additional space will be a little more even.

- Atrium better. May actually be a viable starting position for marines which will give more variety to the map. Also the Extractor/Harvester relocation is much better.

- Never really found Data Core a problem, but with the increased numbers of players on a server that we'll probably be seeing nearer to release I'm sure the expansion you have made to it will be necessary.

Summit is still hands down the best competitive map.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited July 2012
    Updated.

- Fixed occlusion problem in Atrium.
    - Added a back entrance to Atrium.
    - Removed rock in Glass Hallway-Reactor entrance (invisible hitbox).
    - Moved the crates in Maintenance Access so you can jump over the railing earlier.
    - Added a ledge in Ventilation so you can "escape" the pipe props.
    - Moved Power Node in DC to the middle section.
    - Added some cover in DC.
    - All starting spawns are equally probable now.

<a href="http://www.duplexgaming.co.uk/downloads/maps/105/Summit%20Test/" target="_blank">Download b2</a>. Updated first post, too.
  • Locke504Locke504 Join Date: 2010-04-23 Member: 71511Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I sincerely like all the changes I've seen. They're all of benefit to marines really, but I think the engagement areas in those locations needed to be changed anyway.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1953011:date=Jul 21 2012, 07:04 PM:name=Locke504)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Locke504 @ Jul 21 2012, 07:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1953011"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I sincerely like all the changes I've seen. They're all of benefit to marines really, but I think the engagement areas in those locations needed to be changed anyway.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!