Gaming Journalism Review

TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Need some help</div>Heya folks. I asked on this section a while ago for SQL help and posted some preliminary results. Since then I removed erroneous entries, finished creating a report, and sort of forgot about it. Now however I'd like to move forward, so need some advice.

<a href="http://www.freeuploadshare.com/files/hvXOcP1341862871.html" target="_blank">Here is the .docx file</a>

Can someone proof read that? Any advice on changes or more graphs?

Also I was thinking would be better to have as a PDF rather than .docx file, anyone know a good (free) converter?

Any ideas on places that would be interested in this? Or is this all rather dull and I should shut up?

Comments

• tschumanntschumann Australia Join Date: 2010-05-26 Member: 71862Members
    "is terrible at gets a 1" should be "is terrible and gets a 1".
    "so that averages will be less likely throw out by a stray erroneous entry" probably needs to be rewritten/reworded.

I didn't really understand the metrics you used or what was in the tables (total/average/difference/absolute difference of what?).

Word (if that's what you're using) can export to .pdf files.

I don't know where you could submit this to, but I don't think it's dull or uninteresting. I don't usually read game reviews so it's not something I'd ever considered, but it's interesting now that you've brought it up and supported it with real data.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    Thanks. The exact formulas are at the very bottom, but you are right I should try and explain what they mean in words.

Guess my word is missing something since I don't see PDF as a format on the file menu.
    Which version are you using? In 2010 it's built in but in 2007 I think there's a separate option which will then download something to make it work.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1950287:date=Jul 10 2012, 01:28 AM:name=tschumann)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tschumann @ Jul 10 2012, 01:28 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950287"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Which version are you using? In 2010 it's built in but in 2007 I think there's a separate option which will then download something to make it work.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Ah I have 2007.
    <!--quoteo(post=1950356:date=Jul 11 2012, 03:27 AM:name=TimMc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TimMc @ Jul 11 2012, 03:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950356"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ah I have 2007.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<a href="http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=9943" target="_blank">This</a> might be what you need.

By the way, could you explain what the numbers mean? I can't remember all of the details of SQL and I couldn't work out what it does in my head.
  • Dirty_Harry_PotterDirty_Harry_Potter Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9500Members
    Alternatively you can get 'pdf printers' that lets you use the print function to save the document as a pdf. This works with any program that can print (you just select the virtual pdf printer in the print options). I think adobe has an official virtual printer that lets you do this (Though I can't quite find it on their webpage just now), I've also use <a href="http://www.cutepdf.com/" target="_blank">cutePDF</a>, and it works perfectly.