Interesting People

BageesiacBageesiac Join Date: 2006-11-14 Member: 58596Members
Well, it was my first game last night that I've finally had an a--hole commander. I actually view it as a big props to the community that we don't have guys swearing at you for having a different strategy. And even though I did what he asked, he was still a jerk the whole round. The cool part was I didn't even have to defend myself. A couple of guys that agreed with his strat stuck for me.

Such a cool community of gamers. Gotta love it! For all the hours I've played I would have assumed to have WAY more people like this. It's just not the case.

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    You can always report it to the server admin, PM them here, or just vote to eject the commander and then mute him. :)
    (To vote eject, i think the default is V... then click on the scoreboard icon next to his name to mute him)
  • BageesiacBageesiac Join Date: 2006-11-14 Member: 58596Members
    How did I not know about the mute function?!

And blast it, he was a good comm....
  • DJPenguinDJPenguin Useless Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18538Members
    Commiekid is always like that, don't mind him.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    It was Commiekid? Haha.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2012
    Oh that guy.. yea most servers have him banned. Or should, he's just a professional troll/griefer.
    Maybe the new server admin stuff let him get a free pass again? Time to check my server ban logs.. i'll contact the other server admins as well.
    <!--quoteo(post=1949680:date=Jul 7 2012, 12:56 PM:name=Locklear)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Locklear @ Jul 7 2012, 12:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1949680"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It was Commiekid? Haha.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

dunno, just assuming.
  • KaptajnKLOKaptajnKLO Join Date: 2012-06-25 Member: 153658Members
    Whenever I encounter one of these guys I always tell them to relax and stop being an ######. More people should do that, cause they are usually more reasonable after that.
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    I smell a communist.
  • XosteanXostean Join Date: 2012-02-17 Member: 146370Members
    Commiekid is the ret*rd of the community.

Just ignore him
  • .ADHd.ADHd Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146565Members
    Welcome to internet gaming big boy.
  • saltybp53saltybp53 Join Date: 2010-07-22 Member: 72675Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1949680:date=Jul 7 2012, 12:56 PM:name=Locklear)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Locklear @ Jul 7 2012, 12:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1949680"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It was Commiekid? Haha.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Who is this guy? I'd like to meet him in ns2 someday. What is he like/what is he known to do?
  • internetexplorerinternetexplorer Join Date: 2011-10-13 Member: 127255Members
    Really impressive discussion you guys have going here. No shame whatsoever.
  • bobrunbobrun Join Date: 2012-03-06 Member: 148235Members
    edited July 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1949969:date=Jul 8 2012, 03:35 PM:name=saltybp53)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (saltybp53 @ Jul 8 2012, 03:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1949969"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Who is this guy? I'd like to meet him in ns2 someday. What is he like/what is he known to do?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I know who they're talking about, I played a few games with him as my commander. He's a good comm, he knows that he's doing, but yeah, maybe he tend to whine a little when he can't comm.
  • TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    edited July 2012
    Let's keep this from becoming a witch-hunt please.
    'Had a jerky comm last night, but everyone else was shockingly awesome'? Good. 'X is a jerky/idiot/whiny comm'? Not so much.
    If someone's trolling, take it up with the server admins; don't bring it here. Thanks!
  • serpicoserpico Join Date: 2012-02-12 Member: 145150Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2012
    A few builds back I was in a small game where one of the players was harassing our khamm for going shade hive first, and going on and on about how our khamm was such a noob (he probably was somewhat new, to be fair). This was one of the builds where click-to-activate cloak was in, so shade hive first was totally viable. The guy was being a real jerk to this probably new player, so naturally I hop in as khamm next game and go shade hive first.

him: get cara
    me: we have a shade hive
    him: oh..... then i go afk until next game
    me: ok, but i'm going to khamm every game and go shade hive as long as you're in this server

he leaves shortly after
    we win (even w/ shade hiev!!!1)

don't remember his username. fond memory though. :)
    <!--quoteo(post=1950142:date=Jul 9 2012, 11:38 AM:name=Talesin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Talesin @ Jul 9 2012, 11:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950142"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If someone's trolling, take it up with the server admins; don't bring it here. Thanks!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    There's a flaw in that comment... without MOTD splash screens and without an admin in at the time who would correct the issue anyways, how else are these players supposed to contact server admins but through these forums??
    Its a viable way and far from a witch hunt, as no one is looking for the problems, they are sharing info/ blacklist among each other.. which.. happens regardless of forums.

I'm down for contributing my contact info for a collected list of all server admins tho if you want / if anyone wishes to go around collecting?
  • marksmarks Join Date: 2008-07-28 Member: 64720Members
    Or you could just realise that ######bags are a part of society - good luck excluding those people in real life. My advice: Learn some social skills and just deal with it.
  • oldassgamersoldassgamers Join Date: 2011-02-02 Member: 80033Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1950509:date=Jul 11 2012, 08:44 AM:name=marks)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (marks @ Jul 11 2012, 08:44 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950509"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Or you could just realise that ######bags are a part of society - good luck excluding those people in real life. My advice: Learn some social skills and just deal with it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's some very strong words there, but I have to agree with you. Even though a community member is rude, we must find way to make them fit in this community.
    Expelling them throughout all gaming servers for NS2 is no the right way of solving an issue. That's not nice, we must show kindness to people even though they are rude to us.

People have contacted me through steam, telling me to ban people on my NS2 gaming server. But I've never done that, I don't think its the right solution to permant ban people.

I remember the old days of NS1 when I played on bad clan servers. I loved to play on their servers, but only one thing i disliked was that they could permant ban people very quickly so people couldn't never join their servers again.
  • zombiehellmonkeyzombiehellmonkey Join Date: 2007-08-31 Member: 62093Members, Squad Five Blue
    I had the Bad server as one of my favourites back then. It sucks to be ejected as Comm so I understand why some Comms might go on the offensive.
    edited July 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1950595:date=Jul 11 2012, 09:33 AM:name=oldassgamers)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (oldassgamers @ Jul 11 2012, 09:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950595"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That's some very strong words there, but I have to agree with you. Even though a community member is rude, we must find way to make them fit in this community.
    Expelling them throughout all gaming servers for NS2 is no the right way of solving an issue. That's not nice, we must show kindness to people even though they are rude to us.

People have contacted me through steam, telling me to ban people on my NS2 gaming server. But I've never done that, I don't think its the right solution to permant ban people.

I remember the old days of NS1 when I played on bad clan servers. I loved to play on their servers, but only one thing i disliked was that they could permant ban people very quickly so people couldn't never join their servers again.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

what would you suggest then, sending d-bags to a rehab that turns them into respectable people? not trying to be a smart ass but really, if someone's raging over a video game and taking it out on others then just ban the baby. Having had servers for other games, if I'd let someone like that roam free mine would never be consistently full of players. you may be getting away with it now because this beta is shorter on servers in a comparison to players, but come launch you're gonna have to do something when the number of idiots (and competing servers) multiplies like rabbits.
  • TheIcarusKidTheIcarusKid Join Date: 2012-03-23 Member: 149258Members
    OBAMACARE

Are these bots on easy?
  • Gravity GraveGravity Grave California Join Date: 2012-03-10 Member: 148556Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1950237:date=Jul 9 2012, 06:38 PM:name=ironhorse)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ironhorse @ Jul 9 2012, 06:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950237"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There's a flaw in that comment... without MOTD splash screens and without an admin in at the time who would correct the issue anyways, how else are these players supposed to contact server admins but through these forums??
    Its a viable way and far from a witch hunt, as no one is looking for the problems, they are sharing info/ blacklist among each other.. which.. happens regardless of forums.

I'm down for contributing my contact info for a collected list of all server admins tho if you want / if anyone wishes to go around collecting?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Overall the NS2 community is super cool and supportive, as we all know. I've definitely been noticing a higher frequency of d-bags lately though (e.g. "U WENT SHADE HIVE?!?! QQQQQQQ I REFUSE TO PLAY BUT I'LL STILL HANG OUT AND CRY THE WHOLE TIME QQQQQ"). While they can be lots of fun to troll or mute when you get tired of hearing the words "f*g" and "c*nt" 30 times / minute, it would be great to have a clear place to report them. Collecting and maintaining a list of server admins probably isn't super efficient but it might be the most reasonable way to do this as things currently stand.