Give us instruction fast for server operators

oldassgamersoldassgamers Join Date: 2011-02-02 Member: 80033Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
edited June 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
Why give out the client build without giving us server operators a chance to prepared it's release?

Anyways, lots of the community are waiting with me right now so we can play try out the new build.... Give us instructions now :D :D :D

NOW NOW NOW :D

Those it goes faster if I write NOW constantly here? Let me try.

Give me instructions NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW

Comments

• BluePhishBluePhish Join Date: 2003-12-14 Member: 24364Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1947463:date=Jun 28 2012, 10:09 PM:name=oldassgamers)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (oldassgamers @ Jun 28 2012, 10:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1947463"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why give out the client build without giving us server operators a chance to prepared it's release?

Anyways, lots of the community are waiting with me right now so we can play try out the new build.... Give us instructions now :D :D :D

NOW NOW NOW :D

Those it goes faster if I write NOW constantly here? Let me try.

Give me instructions NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    ^

QFT
  • ZurikiZuriki Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75105Members
    You don't get to make demands of UWE.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Now now now now now :D
  • rhombusrhombus Lerk Queen Join Date: 2011-06-23 Member: 106055Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited June 2012
    Yeah. Blame Valve. :D

Documentation coming soon.
  • oldassgamersoldassgamers Join Date: 2011-02-02 Member: 80033Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2012
    <!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->*I need to learn to be nicer*<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> --Comprox
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Check out the new Webbed threads by Sr Lance.
  • hamham Join Date: 2011-08-31 Member: 119370Members, Constellation
    When setting up your <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/index.php/Dedicated_Server#Server_Admin_System" target="_blank">SAS</a> you should note that the system of player identification used in NS2 is referred to as "Player ID", it's been around as long as Steam ID has and exists for the purpose of simplifying console entries. PlayerID is effectively a different number than the Steam ID, specifically being based off the final integer of the STEAM_<!--coloro:#00FF00--><span style="color:#00FF00"><!--/coloro-->X<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->:<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Y<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->:<!--coloro:#00FFFF--><span style="color:#00FFFF"><!--/coloro-->Z<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> format. If the Y integer has a value of one, the math only becomes slightly more complicated. One of the practical applications of this is to familiarize yourself with the IDs of less scrupulous players that may frequently change their in-game alias.

To compute a PlayerID (this process can obviously be reversed to find a Steam ID, which can in turn be converted into a community ID and so on), take the Steam ID:

<strike>STEAM_</strike><!--coloro:#00FF00--><span style="color:#00FF00"><!--/coloro-->0<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->:<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->0<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->:<!--coloro:#00FFFF--><span style="color:#00FFFF"><!--/coloro-->12345<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

And multiply the Z by two, which would result in:

For ID's following the X:1:Z format:

(Z * 2) + 1

STEAM_0:<b>1</b>:12345 would result in:

• playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    edited June 2012
    People people really. STEAM_0:n:x -> 2x+n. That's all there is to it, don't overcomplicate these explanations (or have them outright wrong as in Sr. Lance's ServerAdminSystem-thread). Maybe a good idea to allow the usage of the STEAM_-format (string) side by side with the digested-format (plain integer).