GIVE YOUR TIPS FOR PERFOMANCE

tux77tux77 Join Date: 2012-05-20 Member: 152340Members
<div class="IPBDescription">r_ command or settings</div>Hi

I just would share whit you some command i use to gain some fps more thant my 20 constant fps by default.
It will be good if people who know command or settings there is not already posted in this thread to do it i know some guy are very good whit lua and may have tips to make the game more smoothly or gain fps..

So what i know and work is to play everytime in very low graphic settings gain fps but play in low resolution dont make me gain fps.
After that i enter some c_var command usefull like r_shadows 0 r_fog 0 r_atmospherics 0 r_bloom 0 r_aa 0 r_particles 0 .

Thats all i know to gain 5-10 more fps when your are not on late game because in late game it always lag.

DId someone know other tips or config to only gain fps or perfomance .

Have a good day

| NS2Fra | TuX

Comments

• SkiTSkiT Join Date: 2012-05-22 Member: 152452Members
    edited June 2012
    I think the only way is overcloaking Cpu but i don't want do that.. Just wait for a better performance build.
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1946534:date=Jun 26 2012, 04:30 AM:name=SkiT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SkiT @ Jun 26 2012, 04:30 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1946534"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think the only way is overcloaking Cpu but i don't want do that.. Just wait for a better performance build.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yea, remember to upgrade your cpu to the shade version! :p
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=117259" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=117259</a>
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Overcloak... Does that mean marines become invisible?
  • tux77tux77 Join Date: 2012-05-20 Member: 152340Members
    Thank all pariculary scradibob
  • countbasiecountbasie Join Date: 2008-12-27 Member: 65884Members
    The cvars are pretty much all we know.

If you download fsfod's menu mod, you don't need to type them everytime, you can choose the options in the video settings then.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1946741:date=Jun 26 2012, 10:25 AM:name=countbasie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (countbasie @ Jun 26 2012, 10:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1946741"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The cvars are pretty much all we know.

If you download fsfod's menu mod, you don't need to type them everytime, you can choose the options in the video settings then.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The existing menu supports this now too for everything except disabling fog.
  • countbasiecountbasie Join Date: 2008-12-27 Member: 65884Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1946763:date=Jun 26 2012, 07:53 PM:name=ScardyBob)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ScardyBob @ Jun 26 2012, 07:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1946763"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The existing menu supports this now too for everything except disabling fog.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh. Well I guess auto-retry is all I need in the official then :D
  • .ADHd.ADHd Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146565Members
    edited June 2012
    This game is CPU bound... and also performance relies heavily on the server and how much structures are being spammed.

Theres not much you can do at all other than upgrade your computer.

I just bought a new CPU for this game and overclocked it to 5ghz. Since the new build it kept crashing when I used the overclock (But not before?). So, now I run it at 4.6ghz.

This is up from my old 3.2 ghz. The performance increase that I experienced... in my opinion... was not worth the money spent on the upgrade...

I have seen steady improvement in performance though... so I am optimistic that performance will be getting better. The success of this game relies almost purely on how it's going to run on peoples computer unfortunately. It's the number 1 complaint I hear from people in servers and just general people who I show the game off to.

UWE has got to be working their asses off on this at the moment. So, let's try to support them as best we can.

I run 4.6ghz quad core amd with 8 gigs of ram, and an nvidia 460 graphics card. I also have a 200 dollar sound interface which might help a bit with FPS as well.

I average about 30-50 FPS early game but it goes down to about 15-25 after about 20 mins of gameplay.

There is no performance loss or gain to changing my settings from maximum possible to minimum possible.
  • lunsluns Join Date: 2010-12-05 Member: 75502Members
    my best tip for better performance? that's easy, I wait until next patch.

I'm not going to overcloak my cpu or start investing in new pc just to play this game. I have zero issues running other games, so I shouldn't have any issue running this at all. The problem is in the engine itself, game problems, not in our computers. You can tweak in any way you want to gain that 5fps, but its just such small difference you won't even see it.

the game suppose to come out end of summer and early September. Its not that far, and since we all waited few extra years for this, two extra months is nothing. The question will be, how will it run on official release. That is the biggest question. i'm not here for promises when I see them saying they feel confided in fixing performance, I want to see results so time will tell.
  • Raza.Raza. Join Date: 2004-01-24 Member: 25663Members, Constellation
    Yeah I wouldn't expect too much from tweaking the graphics settings.
    I don't see any difference in fps on my PC between 1280x1024 (native) with highest details and 640x480 with everything turned off (makes the game look worse than Half-Life).
    And my graphics card is only average, shows how extremely CPU-bound NS2 is.
  • BigDBigD [OldF] Join Date: 2002-10-25 Member: 1596Members
    A decent video card probably helps too. I have my graphics turned all the way down because my 8800GT from five years ago constantly goes to a black screen. I think 320 MB of video ram is probably what hurts it there.

With details on low, I get it a few times in early game, usually only right when I die (but only as marine or if I die in a marine base). Windows will tell me that my graphics driver has crashed and recovered (only see it after I exit the game though, usually one message for each crash.)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited June 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1946899:date=Jun 27 2012, 06:38 AM:name=BigD)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigD @ Jun 27 2012, 06:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1946899"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->A decent video card probably helps too. I have my graphics turned all the way down because my 8800GT from five years ago constantly goes to a black screen. I think 320 MB of video ram is probably what hurts it there.

With details on low, I get it a few times in early game, usually only right when I die (but only as marine or if I die in a marine base). Windows will tell me that my graphics driver has crashed and recovered (only see it after I exit the game though, usually one message for each crash.)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I've got 512Mb and don't have issues, so yeah 320Mb is probably a bit too low. I see this issue on High, but then again I can't play on High due to FPS and dynamic loading issues. I can play on Medium, but the lower FPS ain't worth it