Getting stuck

Cee Colon SlashCee Colon Slash Join Date: 2012-05-25 Member: 152581Members
Seems to happen most often to me when I'm gifted an egg by a khammander, but another egg is nearby.

Others?

Comments

• TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    I get stuck all the time lately. Got stuck in cave as a gorge twice last night. Stuck as onos when I popped out of the egg in crushing.
  • MisterNubsMisterNubs Join Date: 2012-03-01 Member: 147912Members
    Got stuck in the same spot 6 times after respawning in the same game in Server room. Adjacent to the hive, in the grooves on the floor. Pretty damn annoying having to wait an additional 20+ seconds to respawn.
  • JibrailJibrail Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67200Members
    I think they should add a stuck command for console, soo annoying to use kill command if ur a fade or lerk.
  • luminalumina Join Date: 2012-06-15 Member: 153300Members
    edited June 2012
    There was a guy that was able to free stuck players on a server I was playing on the other week. I'm not sure exactly what he was doing, but he was commander and doing something with whips. He was placing new whips, as he told me to hold on until he got enough res for one. I don't know what exactly he was doing with the new whip though. Maybe just placing it on top of the stuck people?

He also fixed me not spawning once. The game just said waiting to spawn for a while until I said something. He made me spawn right after saying something. It wasn't a problem of no eggs either and I have no idea what he did. I probably should have asked what he was doing for both of these issues.
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Jup thats correct, sometimes you can just root em near a player.

If you ever put 2 whips unrooted at the same place and root em, they will push eachother, or only 1, away.
    Another method is to you echo and drop the shift near the player.

If you have a perma stuck egg, where you respawn all the time, ask your commander to drop a cyst at the place where the egg was, as soon as you suicide. It will prevent the egg from spawning there again.
  • UzguzUzguz Join Date: 2003-06-05 Member: 17016Members, Constellation
    In some stuck spawn points, simply evolving an upgrade will free you - changing into an egg will eject you from the floor.
  • Cee Colon SlashCee Colon Slash Join Date: 2012-05-25 Member: 152581Members
    In my latest case I respawned as an Onos thanks to my khammander evolving the egg - but it hatched on a slanted floor so I couldn't bring up the evolution menu. :(
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1946762:date=Jun 26 2012, 08:47 PM:name=Uzguz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Uzguz @ Jun 26 2012, 08:47 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1946762"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In some stuck spawn points, simply evolving an upgrade will free you - changing into an egg will eject you from the floor.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The code that does that should be put into the stuck command.
  • rhombusrhombus Lerk Queen Join Date: 2011-06-23 Member: 106055Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited June 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1946750:date=Jun 26 2012, 02:02 PM:name=MisterNubs)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MisterNubs @ Jun 26 2012, 02:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1946750"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Got stuck in the same spot 6 times after respawning in the same game in Server room. Adjacent to the hive, in the grooves on the floor. Pretty damn annoying having to wait an additional 20+ seconds to respawn.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Would be best to provide screenshots where you get stuck, etc, so that we can forward them to the mappers to have them investigate these. Since the maps are being worked on constantly I would expect a few stuck spots in each map including Summit.
  • Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    isn't there a console command as well? as in "annotate i got stuck here!" which will be shown to the mapper?

another thing you can try is asking a gorge to place some hydras right below you, they might push you out while growing. something that rarely worked for me is the rifle-butt as a marine. chances are low, but sometimes it can free you i think.
  • rhombusrhombus Lerk Queen Join Date: 2011-06-23 Member: 106055Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Yes there is, Laosh'Ra. Unless they forget.. it may be easier to remember to do a screenshot.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    I keep spawning in the ready room in docking as an onos, and getting stuck. Several places now. Some seem to be too close to the wall? Others I get stuck on the inner edge, towards the join random.