Bring back the hop

cornbreadcornbread Join Date: 2012-03-12 Member: 148637Members
Seriously why have you practically killed off the bunny hopping for the marines?? it was an enjoyable thing in ns1 and marines are just slow and pathetic now!! Can i ask why marines can barely seem to hop less than a step now?

I used to be a solely marine player but have merged over to aliens because of the faster pace...

Comments

• TrCTrC Join Date: 2008-11-30 Member: 65612Members
    I would love to see some dodging mechanic for marines aswell, they are so goddamn clumsy.
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    They put diminishing returns on it because people were doing nothing but spamming jump in combat as marines. They still do, but it becomes much less effective after like, the 2nd hop.

Now with less air control(finally), if aliens spam hop they make themselves easier targets and make it harder for themselves to bite the marine. Marines could do it with no consequences since their damage is ranged so it was a good call imo. Plus, it looked ridiculous. You can still juke in combat via jump but you must use it tactfully. (marines also gained Sprint which is extremely good, they are far from slow)
  • cornbreadcornbread Join Date: 2012-03-12 Member: 148637Members
    They pretty much nuked any maneuverability the marines had which is one of the reasons aliens win usually on most maps.. Im with you TrC on a roll type of thing where you can dodge an onos stomp but have like a cooldown on it so you cant spam it and just dodge you way from one side of the map to the other without being touched!! And rantology thanks for the input i hadnt thought about it that way.
  • internetexplorerinternetexplorer Join Date: 2011-10-13 Member: 127255Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1942355:date=Jun 8 2012, 11:06 PM:name=cornbread)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cornbread @ Jun 8 2012, 11:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1942355"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They pretty much nuked any maneuverability the marines had which is one of the reasons aliens win usually on most maps<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

do you think it's one of the more important reasons, though?
    I think if hit registration were a lot better, skilled marine players would be clowning on aliens all the time, with or without little bhops
  • PistachioPistachio Join Date: 2005-05-26 Member: 52481Members
    Bunny hopping is an absurd gameplay mechanic, and I don't understand why anyone sees it as worthwhile and not just an easy combat "exploit".

Even with the changes, most marines are still in the air 50% of the time during a fight. I hate it.
  • Champlo0Champlo0 Join Date: 2012-04-17 Member: 150617Members
    Marine spacebar OP
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    Marines are plenty maneuverable as they are imo.