Marine dodge

InjallInjall Join Date: 2010-10-05 Member: 74328Members, NS2 Playtester
Hi everyone, i would suggest something about marines but first i would like to specify that i don't speak english very well...

In NS1 we had the bunny hop in marines to make some dodges if an alien come to much closer.

I guess something like you can roll on the floor if you push 2 time left or right could be great and useful...

Comments

• CabooseFoxCabooseFox Join Date: 2012-05-12 Member: 151970Members
    edited June 2012
    I don't think this will get in as most people hate how marine combat is "jump up and down and aim at the skulk at your feet" also it would be a problem with small corridors where the roll animation would be cut short or look weird. Also most people would choose shooting the things coming at them then taking the time to roll.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    A quickjump/directional burst mechanic would be a fun addition to the jetpack. Sort of like how some of the siege maps had the hl1 longjump pack in them.
  • PistachioPistachio Join Date: 2005-05-26 Member: 52481Members
    Marines do not need to be more agile. Bunny hopping is bad enough already.
  • InjallInjall Join Date: 2010-10-05 Member: 74328Members, NS2 Playtester
    Bunny hoping was in the gameplay for NS1 but not in NS2, I know that's a feature (or a bug, that depend how you see the world) hard to master but that was the only thing that allow a single marine to kill more than one alien in a single fight.

At this moment in NS2, if you are alone in marine against 2 skulks, you can't kill both of them...