creating server on linux debian error

uraganuragan Join Date: 2012-05-28 Member: 152677Members
Hi

I have some errors at creating server:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->uragan@ROOT3:~/server/_27090/naturalselection2$ wine server.exe
fixme:actctx:parse_assembly_elem wrong version for assembly manifest: 8.0.50608.0 / 8.0.50727.6195
fixme:actctx:parse_manifest_buffer failed to parse manifest L"Z:\\home\\uragan\\server\\_27090\\naturalselection2\\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest"
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT" (8.0.50608.0)
Press Tab to open the console window
Press Ctrl-C to exit
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
err:systray:initialize_systray Could not create tray window
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
Build 208
Starting Natural Selection 2
err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path.
err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
Failed to load Steam Service
ServiceStart: failed to start
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 4920
Connected to Steam servers
Error: Couldn't open file 'models/marine/prototype_module/prototype_module.model'
Error: Couldn't open file 'models/alien/shift/shift.model'
Error: Couldn't open file 'models/alien/shift/shift.animation_graph'
Error: Couldn't open file 'models/alien/cocoon/cocoon.model'
Error: Couldn't open file 'models/marine/exosuit/exosuit_mm_view.model'
Error: Couldn't open file 'models/marine/exosuit/exosuit_cm_view.model'
Error: Couldn't open file 'models/marine/exosuit/exosuit_mm_view.animation_graph'
Error: Couldn't open file 'models/marine/exosuit/exosuit_cm_view.animation_graph'
Error: Couldn't open file 'models/marine/exosuit/exosuit_cm.model'
Error: Couldn't open file 'models/marine/exosuit/exosuit_cm.animation_graph'
Loading 'maps/ns2_summit.level'
Error: Couldn't open file 'models/props/refinery/refinery_fan_blade_01_big.animation_graph'
Error: Couldn't open file 'models/props/refinery/refinery_fan_blade_01.animation_graph'
uragan@ROOT3:~/server/_27090/naturalselection2$<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

After loading server crashes, can somebody help me?

Comments

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    There is no NS2 linux server build yet, so I wouldn't expect it to work. Anecdotally, I've heard people having some success with something like Wine + NS2, but its likely to have worse performance than running it on a Windows box.
  • uraganuragan Join Date: 2012-05-28 Member: 152677Members
    you r right
    i saw it too
    so a want to try it :)
  • xx3nvyxxxx3nvyxx Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62000Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Running a server on (headless) linux via wine is broken as of build 190.

<!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Build 190 Changelog)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Build 190 Changelog)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Features:
    Pressing tab when running the dedicated server opens the console window
    ...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That change forces wine to look for an X Server to draw the (potential) new window on. Since the server is headless, there is no X Server available, and the NS2 Server crashes. I haven't checked on a linux system with X Server installed and running, but I assume it would work correctly.
  • DrNoDrNo Join Date: 2006-11-09 Member: 58489Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Follow this <a href="http://aruljohn.com/info/x11forwarding/" target="_blank">instruction</a> and theres a chance you can get it running.

I have had NS2 running on linux using X11.
  • billcatbillcat Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4903Members, Constellation
    edited June 2012
    I can confirm that if you have an X server running, and you can make wine work, the server(build 209) does load. There are a bunch of errors, but it works:

Here is the command line for restarting x server and then running wine:

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->#!/bin/sh
    export DISPLAY=:0.0
    export APPDATA=/home/ns2/config
    killall X
    X &
    wine server.exe -name "ServeNamehere" -map ns2_summit -limit 8 -lan false -port 27015 -ip 10.1.1.69<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

And here is the output:

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->Build 209
    Starting Natural Selection 2
    fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
    fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
    Failed to load Steam Service
    Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 4920
    Connected to Steam servers
    Error: Couldn't open file 'models/marine/prototype_module/prototype_module.model'
    Error: Couldn't open file 'models/alien/cocoon/cocoon.model'
    Error: Couldn't open file 'models/marine/exosuit/exosuit_mm_view.model'
    Error: Couldn't open file 'models/marine/exosuit/exosuit_cm_view.model'
    Error: Couldn't open file 'models/marine/exosuit/exosuit_mm_view.animation_graph'
    Error: Couldn't open file 'models/marine/exosuit/exosuit_cm_view.animation_graph'
    Error: Couldn't open file 'models/marine/exosuit/exosuit_cm.model'
    Error: Couldn't open file 'models/marine/exosuit/exosuit_cm.animation_graph'
    Loading 'maps/ns2_summit.level'
    Error: Couldn't open file 'models/props/refinery/refinery_fan_blade_01_big.animation_graph'
    Error: Couldn't open file 'models/props/refinery/refinery_fan_blade_01.animation_graph'<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

After this output, you get nothing else, because as people stated before, the output is in a window on your headless X server instead of in the console. All the same, clients can connect.

(IMHO, The current server doesn't handle having other HLDS or SRCDS servers running at the same time well. The port must be set to 27015 and changing it doesn't seem to have much/any effect. So, start all other servers on some other port, and start them after you start NS2, if you are going to run several servers on the same box.)

Good luck