LERK?! USELESS SPIKE VS OLD GOOD BITE ?

tux77tux77 Join Date: 2012-05-20 Member: 152340Members
Hi,

I'm French players so my english maybe bad.

I play NS from ten year ago now and i want to know if the lerk will stay like this whit useless spike or he will be comming back whit the good old ns bite ?

The lerk is very powerfull for ppl know who to fly whit,, but in ns2 we cant bite the marines when we make them fire all they munitions or something else we can only send some useless spike and fly over marines sporing them.

So the lerk is useless now in NS2 , because he cant do his job like in ns1 who is to protect zone and rush all around the map to bite alone marines.

Please think about give bite before spike to the lerk it will be greater because now we cant rush marine and bite they ass and fly over whit chukkle :p we need to stay far marines and shoot them this is not the lerk , this is useless.

I think and i want to have other lerk players they idea and opinions about the come back of the bite lerk instead of the ###### spike lerk.

The lerk speed is great and his maniability too but the weapons is useless , the skill you have to fly over and rush bite marines cant be used if you have to stay 10miles away of marine and shoot them whit spike like a 3 days new players.
And somebody knows if celerity and focus will come ? :)

People have some suggestions or idea ?

TuX

ps: you can found me on HBZ or Duplex EUROPE server enjoy !!

Comments

• PistachioPistachio Join Date: 2005-05-26 Member: 52481Members
    As much fun as it would be to "<b>bite they ass and fly over whit chukkle :p</b>", I actually prefer the way Lerks are now as opposed to NS1.

I see the class as crowd control. Spike and spore support that role. It's easy to gas a team of marines, or concentrate your spikes "over here" instead of "over there." It is not easy to effectively assault multiple marines with bite. It brings you too close for too long, and frankly it's pretty disorienting. I get turned around enough as it is when I'm attacking as a skulk, which would be even worse if I were flying. The way Lerks are now allow them to hold off, but not necessarily kill, at least a couple marines, and their survival in battle depends on their ability to keep good distance from their target. Bite would effectively break that.
  • cryptcrypt Join Date: 2004-04-22 Member: 28091Members, Constellation
    Looks like you just missed the recent thread about the lerk rework <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=118518" target="_blank">here</a>
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    A problem I have with the new lerk is the predictable attack area has been completely broken with lerk spikes.

In ns1 if a lerk was attacking one of your structures he'd have to remain stationary next to the structure to bite it. Leaving him vulnerable to any kind of weapons fire or any skill level player.

In ns2 the lerk can spam a sporadic flight movement while attacking the structure from any given distance if he's using spikes. Now the lerk can spike out of flamethrower, shotgun, and gl range while flying with a sporadic and unpredictable flight pattern which would give most public players or someone with an unsteady framerate a hard time.

Of course that is where turret spam comes into play.
  • BloodyIronBloodyIron Join Date: 2009-11-09 Member: 69321Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    While it is true you can stay mostly out of harms way your spikes do pretty bad damage to buildings. You probably will not get anything accomplished before you die from hanging around.

Lerks are hard to hit, but they do die.

<!--quoteo(post=1937676:date=May 20 2012, 09:44 AM:name=IeptBarakat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (IeptBarakat @ May 20 2012, 09:44 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1937676"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->A problem I have with the new lerk is the predictable attack area has been completely broken with lerk spikes.

In ns1 if a lerk was attacking one of your structures he'd have to remain stationary next to the structure to bite it. Leaving him vulnerable to any kind of weapons fire or any skill level player.

In ns2 the lerk can spam a sporadic flight movement while attacking the structure from any given distance if he's using spikes. Now the lerk can spike out of flamethrower, shotgun, and gl range while flying with a sporadic and unpredictable flight pattern which would give most public players or someone with an unsteady framerate a hard time.

Of course that is where turret spam comes into play.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • internetexplorerinternetexplorer Join Date: 2011-10-13 Member: 127255Members
    Also, you can scan and then shoot them with your guns. Just because you can't randomly spam grenades/flames to hit them doesn't mean they're invincible.
  • tux77tux77 Join Date: 2012-05-20 Member: 152340Members
    Thx for your answer and for the link to lerk rework mate.