Please Explain

travtrav Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7417Members
<div class="IPBDescription">overload the sattelite to get more $$$?</div> i think the map is ns_tanith, there's a sattelite near the spawn which you can weld. it goes bang and then you get a lot of resourses

I'm guessing this is intentional, but are there any negative effects to doing that? anything to discourage it at all? It seems to give a pretty big boost, so yeah, what's the deal?

Comments

• XaniethXanieth Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7280Members
    It gives resources? I just weld it for the hell of it. I love welding.
  • travtrav Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7417Members
    i'm pretty sure, every time i weld it i see resourses go up real quick
  • MerkabaMerkaba Digital Harmony Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 22Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester
    Just did a test in private - no resources were affected. Are you sure it wasn't just coincidence that you happened to finish the weld just as some new resources were pumped in?
  • travtrav Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7417Members
    its possible, i only tried it twice and it was on a busy pub server
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    All the satalite does is blast away a big chunk of area. Then you can build a base in the area, and get to satalite comm hive more easily. Its a very nice little bit of mapping.
  • SirusSirus Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8466Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    Blow it up, but dont touch the other wall, build some sieges and wham, u have a guarded hive just like that, its one of the easiest one to get. Only prob is that sometimes it doesnt work, The red crosshair targeted on the wall, but never blew it up. Oh well.
  • lochnesslochness Join Date: 2002-12-13 Member: 10753Members
    if you weld the satalite, and it blows up the wall, but for some reason the wall is still standing, you can walk over and weld the actually wall down.