[Project]TowerDefense

Me9aMe9a Join Date: 2008-03-27 Member: 63981Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Imagine Hyras on an Corridor.</div>The idea is like having a tower defense map
over time going more and more enemys trough the corridor or with more upgrades.

i guess most possiblitys needs some kind of door that opens with countdown to give aliens some time inb4 marines run trough.

might be some possible ways:

1) alien humans vs marine bots
gorges build hydras on top of the corridorwalls that shoot down over time you get more res and number of marines increase and the armorlevel increase over time. (should feel like the game sanctum)

2) Marine humans vs Alienbots or placed hydras ect
Marines will run trough corridors coverd with hydras so if marines did manage one level they get points to upgrade or medspam trough the next or nano shield

3) alien humans vs marine humans
gorges build hydras on top of the corridorwalls that shoot down but the enemy team are intelligent humans that run for cover or armorys to resupply on the way behind cover or the commander med spam them or nano shield it could be funny ;)

4) aliens vs marine humans
its kinda like symmetrical play bouth teams send units (like arcs macs drifters whips) trough the other teams defense who gets to the end first that wins. You get resources from harversters extractors or from kills if thats possible to spawn more units to let them run trough or build more defense.

in all cases its not my idea to let anything block the corridor.
(i guess on all cases we need to make the hydras invulnerable)

it might be a lot work so i let the people who want to help decide democracy how we gonna do it
and if possible without forcing the client to download a lot modifications just beside classic rounds ;)

sorry for my bad english.

Mega

Comments

• IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    Can we refrain from posting (I do not support this) comments please. If people want to get together and get a tower defense mod working, let them, complain only if it turns out to be majorly broken.
  • SkyPirateSkyPirate Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146845Members
    I don't like this idea the seige maps in NS1 were cool tho, huge maps lots of res and siege countdown !
  • Me9aMe9a Join Date: 2008-03-27 Member: 63981Members
    well i guess your right im fine if you want do instead a siege map.
    but for me alone its like too much.

Mega
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    sorry Mega, I tried to stop them I tried.
  • assbdaassbda Join Date: 2011-05-02 Member: 96737Members
    What about just natural selection vs random units that could possibly be created for the td?

Make it something simple like stronghold td.
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T-dYDxpkgc&feature=related" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T-dYDxpkgc...feature=related</a> - may need to mute sound

Towers could be just be a drifter upgraded multiple times eventually becoming a onos as it goes through the alien chain of power.

As for units that youre killing, i dont know if they can be custom made or not :/? lawsuit anyone?
  • derWalterderWalter Join Date: 2008-10-29 Member: 65323Members
    i ve thought about this many times too ^^

is this multiple commander?

like you start as alien jump into a hive or as marine and jump into a cc (its both a room with just 5 cc's or hives)
    the aliens can build directly on creep and the marines got a buildbot?

or gorges vs marines with welder=builderitem like tf2?

so many things to think about :)