[Project] Australian NS2 release event

MakoMako Join Date: 2011-07-04 Member: 107766Members
edited April 2012 in Squad Five
<div class="IPBDescription">got giant onos?</div>So I help run a unique Laser Tag operation in Melbourne Australia with TOG|Geng (both big NS2 fans!). Our guns are heavy chunky and accurate military style bad boys and we have our own software that drives the game modes such as 'Domination' (ala Call of Duty).

I have already spoken to Geng about this and we are keen to use our technology for a big release party when NS2 goes gold (is that term still used with digital downloads?). Locally we also have the 'Mana Bar' (run by Autralian gamer Yug and Yahtzee of zero punctuation fame) who I'm sure would be happy to get involved with after drinks etc utilising their gaming bar on Brunswick St.

We would need assistance on this project from the community.

- someone NEEDS to make a giant Onos model for the event to look down on people and demand their respect ( this is an essential part ;) )
- we plan to alter our gaming software to allow certain elements of the real game to be played on the laser tag arena (resource nodes, power, infestation etc) and could do with some programming assistance to get that done faster
- although we could utilise current locations on our books if someone knows of a suitable venue for this event lets hear some ideas
- someone to make easy to slip on (and off) marine cosplay outfits for the players? (5 a side)
- artists (or set builders) to help with scenery to theme the place up all space station like (we were thinking big stretchy canvases around to spray paint on)
- people to promote the event where they can
- sponsors for prizes, catering, beer?
- people to attend the event and make it a success ;)

Comments

• scorpydudescorpydude Join Date: 2005-03-05 Member: 43603Members
    If only you were in Brisbane, i would be all over this.
  • cake.cake. Join Date: 2012-01-12 Member: 140165Members
    Amazing idea, love it! Being a graphics designer i would really love to get involved in this, but alas, im stuck in earth's butthole. Hope you can pull this off Mako, would be absolutely legendary.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Melbourne! I've yet to visit. would be great. STEVE APROVES.
    Just hope it's next year, im not 18 till january! :)
  • MakoMako Join Date: 2011-07-04 Member: 107766Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1930905:date=Apr 28 2012, 11:17 AM:name=AuroN2)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AuroN2 @ Apr 28 2012, 11:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1930905"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Melbourne! I've yet to visit. would be great. STEVE APROVES.
    Just hope it's next year, im not 18 till january! :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well, if Steve approves thats it. Done deal. Melbourne is very worth a visit, most liveable city in the world apparently and I believe it!
    Also the grog isnt the driving factor on this one so dont worry about the under 18 part, its an all ages event. Although we find children under 10 cant physically lift the rifles ;)
  • MakoMako Join Date: 2011-07-04 Member: 107766Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1930894:date=Apr 28 2012, 10:51 AM:name=scorpydude)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (scorpydude @ Apr 28 2012, 10:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1930894"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If only you were in Brisbane, i would be all over this.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Theres a Mana Bar in Brissy too, maybe a smaller scale event at the same time there and we could stream the laser tag games to screens at their bar? Of course this is all hypothetical at the moment till Yug approves ;)