Hydra spikes bouce granades back

ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
So i was looking at the progress and i seen that they have accepted '[200] Hydra spikes bounce grenades back'. NO, just No!

To be fair i think hydras are fine the way they are. 2 or 3 Hydras anda corridor or room, placed with 1 or 2 wips and a crag can hold off a few marines as it is and stop a pushin its tracks. Tohave hydras have this ability will basicly make whips half as usefull as they are while making hydras Very difficult to kill. Just think if there was a small room like brew room, with 4 hydras in, The only way to do damage to them is nade them. Now give them this ability and you would have to use flamers. To get that close you would defianatly be in range of those 4 and befor you get to kill one you would be dead.the only way to kill them this way would be to snipe at a very long range but there isnt many opportunities to to that with out been killed befor but an alien or arcs, which would mean it would be hard to pass them untill later in the game.

Whats your opinions on this?

Comments

• UzguzUzguz Join Date: 2003-06-05 Member: 17016Members, Constellation
    It's listed as a bug. "Accepted" means it's been fixed.
  • ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    It is listed as a bug in the pivotal tracker, which is the software the progress tracker data is taken from. This means that currently there is a bug which causes grenades to be bounced back by hydra spikes. The fact that the bug is now in accepted state means that the bug is fixed and it has been tested and found out that the bug does not exist anymore.

All the bugs in pivotal tracker have the ladybird symbol in them while features have a star. If this task had a start icon it would mean that there was a new feature implemented.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Pretty awesome bug, I'd give that hydra a medal.
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • paradoxumparadoxum United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-03-05 Member: 148193Members
    gorges should be able to build whips. having to rely on the commander to protect your massive PRes investment in a bunch of hydras which will die to a few grenades is sad
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1929676:date=Apr 25 2012, 10:05 AM:name=paradoxum)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (paradoxum @ Apr 25 2012, 10:05 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1929676"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->gorges should be able to build whips. having to rely on the commander to protect your massive PRes investment in a bunch of hydras which will die to a few grenades is sad<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That would be neat, also an option to spend PRes (+use) to evolve Bombard, or automatically get them for Mature Whips. It would be like having Bile Bomb for Gorge again :P

But yeah, I hope Hydra get a buff or two when they become limited by Hive count/per Gorge.
  • MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72593Members
    edited April 2012
    Maybe Gorges should be given access to all offensive structures as well as being jointly able to build resource towers

It's nothing for a Khammander to jump out and go Gorge for a bit. . . I do it all the time now with the 2TRes per Cyst nonsense in the latest build

-
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1929676:date=Apr 25 2012, 06:05 PM:name=paradoxum)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (paradoxum @ Apr 25 2012, 06:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1929676"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->gorges should be able to build whips. having to rely on the commander to protect your massive PRes investment in a bunch of hydras which will die to a few grenades is sad<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, but more of a mini whip, with half the range and half the damage and costs about 20 pres.

Also they could be given the ability to build Mini Crags with 2/3rds the HP as a normal crag and heals 1/3 less then a normal crag.