Super Monday Night Combat

2»

Comments

• lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    Gunslinger's a damn fun class to play. Snares ahoy!
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1902636:date=Feb 13 2012, 10:29 AM:name=lolfighter)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lolfighter @ Feb 13 2012, 10:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1902636"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Gunslinger's a damn fun class to play. Snares ahoy!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I apparently can't snipe any more, haven't been playing FPS games at all as of late, I'm rather sad about this as I do like Gunslinger.
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    So yeah I suck at this game. I'm one of those "rushes to support people" because I occasionally get a kill rather than sucking it up with a heavy or assault. I hate that I have to have a long range weapon out for a grab move, that's why I play support because the shotgun + grab is natural for me. Heck, most of my kills are on assassins.
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    edited February 2012
    I like having a long range weapon out for grab because it means that I don't have to switch if the ranges change :D

Also, there are very few actually long range weapons, the majority of weapons deal pidling amounts of damage past medium range.

Oh, and, yes, most people that pick assassin are terribad. However, they CAN do wonderfully if played well. Mainly people focus in on getting a kill too much, when the correct method is to pick off lone stragglers and then get the hell out (that jump and the stun bomb are awesomely effective).

Also, old school NS players should try out Spark ,as he is basically and old school fade :P
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1903041:date=Feb 14 2012, 10:03 AM:name=Thansal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thansal @ Feb 14 2012, 10:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1903041"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also, old school NS players should try out Spark ,as he is basically and old school fade :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I want to try him and combat girl but I will need to amass a lot of credits to do so.
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    Or wait until a week when they are free to play.
  • LV426-ColonistLV426-Colonist Space Jockey Join Date: 2011-08-05 Member: 114269Members, Constellation
    I just watched a video about this game on YouTube.

I wasted 5 minutes of my life.
  • ANeMANeM Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16267Members, Constellation
    edited February 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1902614:date=Feb 13 2012, 05:23 AM:name=Talesin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Talesin @ Feb 13 2012, 05:23 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1902614"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->most don't understand that a good Support is HARD[...] not just someone hanging back with the heal/hurt gun and occasionally dumping out a firebase.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Honestly, that sounds pretty good compared to most of the Supports I've seen. I've had a lot that don't even use the heal/hurt gun, and just try to shotgun everything down instead. Sure, staying back and sitting on a turret is definitely not the most effective way to play it.. but I'm happy any time I get a support that isn't just feeding the other team.

Actually, the same could probably be said of any commandos too. They also have a tendency (at least in my experience) to run blindly at enemies who vastly out number and out level them, repeatedly, for the entire match.
    Ugh, I've been letting other people take first but that's been leaving me with the heavy or gunslinger. Dropped like 6 in a row I might go back to rushing support since my teammates don't seem to be doing any better at it than me.

I'm having a hard time getting environmental awareness in this game. I lure an assassin into what I think is friendly territory where she promptly rapes me, while the second I step over the line 2-3 members of the other team promptly bum rush me.

Any tips?
    yah, 2 more keys if any one wants
  • TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    Same; three invites stocked up myself now.
  • VolccisVolccis Join Date: 2011-12-11 Member: 137452Members
    I have 4 invites. Send your email address/steam account name via PM/or post it on this topic and I'll send one :)

About the game I didn't like it. Im just too lazy to explain issues which I didnt like , but there is alot better games than this. Anyway, you can also get a free key via their website, it just takes few days (at least for me).
    Also it got better. I still suck but I'm not a "feeder" anymore. CG and VEt are fun to play. Gunner looks fun too. I hope be and megabeth are unlocked next week.
    The new pro Leo is fun. Easy to lead a server with him.