Spamming cysts to detonate mines.

antacidantacid Join Date: 2007-08-07 Member: 61821Members, NS2 Playtester
<div class="IPBDescription">It's pretty broken.</div>Right now if marines lock down a location and mine it up, aliens can just drop cysts on the mines and detonate them for little cost. The mine explosions do not kill the cysts either. This seems unintentional and can be pretty broken if used properly.

Comments

• haprohapro Join Date: 2012-03-27 Member: 149492Members
    edited April 2012
    I think it's a pretty good feature, but I do see problems. However, I don't believe the problems are with the feature itself; rather, it seems wrong that if you save up 20 res you can expand across the entire map into the enemy base in 30 seconds. With more controlled infestation spread, it should be easier for the marines to keep infestation out of their minefields... and if they don't, then it provides a good strategic point for commanders to support skulks in a base rush.
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I think the real issue with this is the khamm's ability to spam p.res cysts late in the game because he has no other p.res sink anyway. Address that and you would also address this problem.
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    I'd like to see it change to a Cyst PRes ability, so the Comm. can spend his PRes to detonate the Cyst which in turn either damage or destroy nearby Mines.
  • ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    A cyst being damaged should not spread infestation. In fact, damaging a cyst should cause the spread infestation to retract back towards the cysts location.
  • antacidantacid Join Date: 2007-08-07 Member: 61821Members, NS2 Playtester
    The problem is 2pres of cysts counters 5-15 pres of mines.
  • UzguzUzguz Join Date: 2003-06-05 Member: 17016Members, Constellation
    Surely the simple solution is to have mines ignore cysts?